bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)

post running care????

I run about 5 miles every other day. I like it and I don't have any problem with it. I have well balanced diet and physical work out(3 times anabolic, and 4 times aerobic per week). I am fit only with a few extra fat(about 2 kg) that I am trying to lose.

My question is, I get headache or feeling "weird" after running(sometimes feel like vomiting due to headache, or stomach upset), not immediately, but about 10 hours later(I run in the morning on empty stomach, and by the early evening, I get headache). But not every time I run, but most of the time(say 7 out of 10).

First a couple of hours after running, i am totally fine even without a food(sometimes too busy to eat, not that i don't want to eat). But since I noticed that I got headache hours later, i make it a rule to eat well after running within 30 minutes to 2 hours(because i thought it could be due to lack of water, or glucose or fat or protein or so).

I drink enough water before/during/after running(so I don't think headache is caused by lack of water). It might be due to lack of carbohydrate, i thought, as I tried low carbohydrate diet, but then ever since i got headache, I raised the carbohydrate intake, and still I get headache.

I am not professional but i am quite athletic myself that I have quite good knowledge about exercise i am doing(both aerobic/weight training) and body function(like the function of potassium, magnesium, glucose, protein, and the like).

I would appreciate any comment for me to get rid of this "weird" feelings(like something is wrong in my body that I need to take a rest, not hard work), not to mention headache, as I want to focus on my work after workout. But due to this "weird" feelings, i get worried that i end up spending most of the time "resting" instead of focusing on working.

I know quite some amateur athletes around me, and they do exercise twice a day(morning and afternoon) and I wish I could do the same. If I don't have this feelings, I think i can do the same, though, as long as time allows.

I am thinking about training myself for triathlon, and this "weird" feelings worries me even before I start training myself for more than one hour continuous workout. What am I missing? What can I do to get rid of this headache?
    If this is due to low carbohydrate diet, how can I lose fat and work out at the same time with low carbohydrate?

I do really appreciate any comment!!! Thanks in advance.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was going to say hydration, but you say you drink enough water. Oddly, it could be a salt/electrolyte imbalance...I run also, and have friends who do, and they experience this aftermath headache you speak of...and drinking some gatorade, not right after the workout, but throughout their day, helps them a lot. Maybe try that? I'm just guessing, but it sounds similiar to what they go through.

PS--I'm training for a triathlon...and when you start mixing in cycling and swimming, your headaches might go away, too. I wouldn't let this cause you to not pursue a tri....Good luck to you with this.

bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    I was going to say hydration, but you say you drink enough water. Oddly, it could be a salt/electrolyte imbalance...I run also, and have friends who do, and they experience this aftermath headache you speak of...and drinking some gatorade, not right after the workout, but throughout their day, helps them a lot. Maybe try that? I'm just guessing, but it sounds similiar to what they go through.

PS--I'm training for a triathlon...and when you start mixing in cycling and swimming, your headaches might go away, too. I wouldn't let this cause you to not pursue a tri....Good luck to you with this.
    I take a magnesium pill, and i thought it took care of the electrolyte part. And i think i take enough salt for daily recommendation. But I will try gatorate from now on and see how it goes.

I do bike(only about 20~30 min) and running one hour(as running is my weakest area) these days in my building. I have to go to swimming pool that is located in another building so I am not doing swimming these days, but i used to swimming a lot, so I thought i would do all three after I master the running part. But I might try all three at once from now on and see if this messy feelings go away.

Thanks a lot! That was great help!

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodychaos View Post
    I take a magnesium pill, and i thought it took care of the electrolyte part. And i think i take enough salt for daily recommendation. But I will try gatorate from now on and see how it goes.

I do bike(only about 20~30 min) and running one hour(as running is my weakest area) these days in my building. I have to go to swimming pool that is located in another building so I am not doing swimming these days, but i used to swimming a lot, so I thought i would do all three after I master the running part. But I might try all three at once from now on and see if this messy feelings go away.

Thanks a lot! That was great help!
    Glad to help. I would say too you could need a day or two to do nothing...and recover. Sometimes, it can be just taking a break when things are not ''right.'' Feel better!

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.runnersworld.com/

This site may offer more help.
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

Originally Posted by Beachman View Post
    http://www.runnersworld.com/

This site may offer more help.
    Thank you!!! I am reading it now!!!