Closed Thread
    wingedsailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Using Mass gainer and protien.

I am looking to bulk up and would like some advise. I have just recently bought Quick Mass and Isoflex Protien and I would like to know how to use these to supplements in conjunction with one another. Protien in the morning with breakfast, Protien for mid morning snack, Mass gainer after workout, protien mid evening snack and Mass Gainer before bed. This has been my current routine, I am looking to see if I am doing this correctly. Or should I even be using these supplements togther. I have searched the other threads and it seems to me that people either use one or the other.

I have broken up my Mass builder because I think that the suggested serving is absolutely rediculous. I have split the serving which still gives me 1010 cals a day. I threw this in there so that I can get some feedback for others.

Thanks in advance for the advise,

Paul

sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by wingedsailor View Post
    I am looking to bulk up and would like some advise. I have just recently bought Quick Mass and Isoflex Protien and I would like to know how to use these to supplements in conjunction with one another. Protien in the morning with breakfast, Protien for mid morning snack, Mass gainer after workout, protien mid evening snack and Mass Gainer before bed. This has been my current routine, I am looking to see if I am doing this correctly. Or should I even be using these supplements togther. I have searched the other threads and it seems to me that people either use one or the other.

I have broken up my Mass builder because I think that the suggested serving is absolutely rediculous. I have split the serving which still gives me 1010 cals a day. I threw this in there so that I can get some feedback for others.

Paul
    it depends what type of protein is in the mass gainer. if it's slow digesting you should take it at night before bed and in the morning once you wake up. the whey isolate protein should always be taken after your workouts no matter what. if you want to take another scoop of protein before your workout either protein is fine, but since your looking to bulk up i would go with the mass gainer.

the mass gainer is probably expensive, since I know they are always overpriced for what they give you. your best option next to time is just to bulk up on whey protein and buy some oats and peanut butter and grind that up into your whey protein. add as much oats as you want to up the calorie content.

in general 40g of oats is 150 one table spoon of peanut butter is 125 calories and one scoop of whey is usually like 125 calories.

so if you add 80g of oats (300 cals)
    one table spoon of p.b (125 cals)
    one scoop of whey (125 cals)
    thats 550 calories.

if you mix it with milk add another 150 calories = 700 calories

cheapest and healthiest weight gainer there is

K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K3V1NL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sam_swift View Post
    it depends what type of protein is in the mass gainer. if it's slow digesting you should take it at night before bed and in the morning once you wake up. the whey isolate protein should always be taken after your workouts no matter what. if you want to take another scoop of protein before your workout either protein is fine, but since your looking to bulk up i would go with the mass gainer.

the mass gainer is probably expensive, since I know they are always overpriced for what they give you. your best option next to time is just to bulk up on whey protein and buy some oats and peanut butter and grind that up into your whey protein. add as much oats as you want to up the calorie content.

in general 40g of oats is 150 one table spoon of peanut butter is 125 calories and one scoop of whey is usually like 125 calories.

so if you add 80g of oats (300 cals)
    one table spoon of p.b (125 cals)
    one scoop of whey (125 cals)
    thats 550 calories.

if you mix it with milk add another 150 calories = 700 calories

cheapest and healthiest weight gainer there is
    i dont think you should take weight gain before bed all those cals will turn into fat

sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sam_swift is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    notsureifsrs.jpg

why would they turn into fat? u been listening to ur bros at the gym??

all the ingredients from the protein shake i recommended are clean calories.....i dont see how drinking them at night is any different than drinking it during the day..it's not like your digestive system takes a break while you sleep....

metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by K3V1NL View Post
    i dont think you should take weight gain before bed all those cals will turn into fat
    lol. the broscience is strong in this one.

Originally Posted by wingedsailor View Post

Paul
    best advice for you is to eat more food and rely less on protein shakes. from what you posted most of your meals are either protein shake or weight gainer. try eating more food. i'm bulking right now and this is my diet

meal 1: oats, milk, whole eggs
    meal 2: rice, chicken/turkey/fish, fruit, water
    meal 3: whole milk, skim milk, 1 scoop nitrocore 24
    meal 4: rice, chicken/turkey/fish, fruit, water
    meal 5: turkey wrap, fruit, water.
    ****MISC STRENGTH CREW****

****PLANET FITNESS CREW****

****EDM CREW****

wingedsailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all of the advice and I will continue to welcome more. What I posted was just the supplement part of my diet, of course I eat and am aware that it cannot be done on supplement alone. From what I understand (I am not an expert) taking the wieght gainer prior to bed will keep you from becoming catabolic when you are at rest. Your body will continue to burn cals when you are sleeping, so if you have nothing in your system there may be mucle degradation. I am happy to hear others views on this as well. I have just started this routine so I am not far enough in to not make adjustments.

Again thanks for the advice,

Paul

xkayxzeex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need Clearification

Is it ok if i take

- mass gainer in the morning and before sleep
    - whey before and after workout?

Cheers

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xkayxzeex View Post
    Is it ok if i take

- mass gainer in the morning and before sleep
    - whey before and after workout?

Cheers
    Rather than explain why you're wasting your money, and doing something that is not needed, I will just answer the question.

Yes, that is fine.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823