Thread: Cottage Cheese.

amandaxox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cottage Cheese.

I recently bought some cottage cheese because iv been wanting to try it for some time now. Now that its in my fridge I cant seem to work up the courage to eat it.(Grosses me out for some reason .. i think its the texture).

If anyone one knows some good ways to eat cottage cheese or some good things to eat cottage cheese with, let me know !!!

take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by amandaxox View Post
    I recently bought some cottage cheese because iv been wanting to try it for some time now. Now that its in my fridge I cant seem to work up the courage to eat it.(Grosses me out for some reason .. i think its the texture).

If anyone one knows some good ways to eat cottage cheese or some good things to eat cottage cheese with, let me know !!!
    Love it with oranges...mmm.

Try splenda and cinnamon too.

If you hate the texture, try blending it until smooth...?? maybe?? donno - never tried. lol

Howlin_Mad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlin_Mad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlin_Mad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Howlin_Mad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am with you on the taste of cottage cheese. The ONLY way I can eat it is if I mix it with a fruit of some sort. My wife likes to mix it with a fruit cup of mandarin oranges.

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It tastes awesome with pineapple. I think fruit and sweetener of some kind is the least scary way to try it out. Or you could mix it half and half with a fruit yoghurt. You could also put it through the blender to get the chunks out, if they disturb you

And if you find you don't like it, don't think that it has to become a diet staple- there are plenty of other high protein options out there
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlackBarbieDoll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I miss splenda, pb and cottage cheese
    www.summacumfitness.com

ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArcticBlue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a big fan of cottage cheese. I don't care much for it blended with sweet things, but I like it with all sorts of savory things. Tuna + cottage cheese + salsa is really awesome. Sometimes I will add cottage cheese when I am scrambling eggs, and its gets melty, or I will add it to spinach. Of course, I just like it with black pepper as well :P
    XBL Gamertag: Gizniccy

steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelleD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mix in some blueberries, apple sauce, pineapple. eat it on toast.

EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I prefer cottage cheese blended (i wish they just sold it that way!) I can't eat it sweetened if it's not blended..
    It's great mixed into protein pancakes, smoothies, SF pudding, pumpkin,
    I usually add sweetener to all those, they come out tasting a bit like cheesecake which is awesome if you love cheesecake and not the calories!

Or as savory filling for casseroles/lasagnas/veggie bakes/ instead of ricotta cheese..
    Mix it into pasta sauce for a creamy rose sauce that's much healthier then the cream varieties..

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    love it plain. but also so good mixed w/ protein powder, in a protein pancake (you won't even taste it), mixed w/ fruit (like frozen berries), w/ pb in it, toasted on top of bread, etc. i bet you'll get over the texture thing quickly. otherwise just use it for pancakes or blended or baked in other things. but... it is totally a healthy food, but if you don't like it or can't get beyond the texture, don't eat it. you don't have to like it just b/c it's good for you. tons of other foods out there.

just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10) just.demi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you whip it up in the food processor with some protein powder, the texture changes into a smooth pudding-like consistency. You can even place it in the freezer for about an hour and eat it like ice cream. Other things you can whip into the mixture is cocoa, peanut butter, bananas, etc. The varieties are many. I also use spices such as cardamon and cinnamon to add some exotic flavor.
    I won't stop until I conquer my body and mind.

DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000) DomesticDiva is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's good on a whole wheat cracker or mixed in with with hot ww pasta (add some garlic powder and parmesean cheese for a taste close to alfredo).

What kind did you get? You might find the small curd variety more to your liking. Or as others have said, you can blend until smooth.
    **OBF/House of Rage Winter-Spring Transformation Contest Log**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141865541

FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FleurDeLis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I put it in a blender with some SF jello I made and blueberries
    "Amat victoria curam"

ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ctninja9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i like it by itself but you can mix it with strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, blackberries, or pinapple if you want.
    Repping will be appreciated...

chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_2vGT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tablespoon of peanut butter in a bowl. Microwave for 30-45 seconds .. add in cold cottage cheese and mix..

My faviorte.

kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by chris_2vGT View Post
    Tablespoon of peanut butter in a bowl. Microwave for 30-45 seconds .. add in cold cottage cheese and mix..

My faviorte.
    me too.... its like heaven!

I also use it as a salad dressing, I mix in some Mrs. Dash and mix it in my salad. I put it on homemade pizza as cheese, I bake it ontop of chicken, I mix it with fruit, I mix it with pumpkin, I mix it with oatmeal, I cook it ontop of veggies (squash/eggplant)

Long story short- stuffs amazing! lol

bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you don't like it, don't eat it.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.
    Plato

VPX and Gaspari FTW!!

robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Holy crap---i never knew you could cook with cottage cheese! i love it plain, as is, but this opens up so many new options for me. mixed with pizza, pasta, eggs, etc. cannot believe i did not know all of this. we should start a "cottage cheese" recipe thread.....

kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfprr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I couldn't survive without this stuff

I go through 2kg every 2 wks.....Fortunately, Costco is a close friend of mine
    ~*~"You can stop now. Stop trying to figure it out. Stop trying to get enlightened. Stop
    concentrating. Stop investigating. Stop meditating. Stop trying to stop. Be as you are."
    Kenneth Folk.~*~

seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50) seebee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oooh.. i just miss having those!!.

red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just recently started putting cottage cheese on top of sliced cucumber. Yum!

I've also found that different brands have different consistencies and textures. I've found Dean's 1% Low Fat to be the best overall. If you don't like one, try a different one.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kate920 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

fabulous cc recipe website

http://www.stumptuous.com/the-cottage-cheese-page

My favorites: dice up some peeled apple, put it in a bowl with a little cinnamon/splenda, microwave for a minute til apple is soft (like pie), mix in cottage cheese and devour.

Perfect "lasagna" - barilla pasta, light spag sauce, Italian seasoning, red pepper and cottage cheese.
    "When you're going through hell, keep going."

ssquirt34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ssquirt34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ssquirt34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ssquirt34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ssquirt34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ssquirt34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ssquirt34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ssquirt34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Try eating it with spenda and/or some cinnimin. some other ways to eat is if you do protein shake add it to that. Let me know how it goes.

transformation started... aussieangie's Avatar
    aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I mix some in with my protein powder pancakes. But i love it, so I normally eat it alone as the taste is fine with me. But with cinnamon and splenda it tastes good too..
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10) RitaTrue is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Howlin_Mad View Post
    I am with you on the taste of cottage cheese. The ONLY way I can eat it is if I mix it with a fruit of some sort. My wife likes to mix it with a fruit cup of mandarin oranges.
    I like cottage cheese with fruits too, preferably canned or soft fruits, like peaches or pineapple. Yogurt's good too.

But lately cottage cheese has become like rice to me--I eat it with many things. Fruits or vegetables.

I like cottage cheese with mixed vegetables, cucumbers, beans, or spinach.
    Maybe odd. But I like it.

cholley-cole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I didn't know you could cook with cottage cheese, and it never occured to me to mix it with anything other than sweet stuff like strawberries, sugar free jelly, cinnamon, etc;

Good tips in here, thanks

dragonfly411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I mix mine with lots of different things. I like it with pineapple, blueberries, a little bit of honey, cinnamon, lets see, strawberries, apple, banana...

wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wbk3331 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I like it with yogart, fruit, veggies, on garden salads.