Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) loseyourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nobody in here has ANY idea what they are talking about.

Registered Sex Offender shitbrickhouse's Avatar
    shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow this thread is intense. OP, as long as you realize your commissions will give you a 50% hit, and you are just doing this for a learning experience, good for you. Next time, buy $100 or even $1000 worth, and make it worth your while. I would recommend investing in something more diversified. Go to ishares .com and research: FXI, ILF, EEM.

Also OP, if you are investing for the long-term, you should def do your trading in an IRA account. Every trade is tax free. Right now if you sell any shares you have +/- tax implications for 2010.

To everyone else ITT...wow. I consider forex to be similar to putting your $ on roulette. And lol at the Rof IRA brah- if you start for Smith Barney in May, then saying you work there is not true.

And to the people holding C, nice...it seems like a good play right now. I don't invest in individual stocks, but if I did I'd be looking heavily in financials. I do hold a financial tracking ETF: ticker IYF, that is balling right now.
    My Pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=34649

Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ultrablack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ****brickhouse View Post
    Wow this thread is intense. OP, as long as you realize your commissions will give you a 50% hit, and you are just doing this for a learning experience, good for you. Next time, buy $100 or even $1000 worth, and make it worth your while. I would recommend investing in something more diversified. Go to ishares .com and research: FXI, ILF, EEM.

Also OP, if you are investing for the long-term, you should def do your trading in an IRA account. Every trade is tax free. Right now if you sell any shares you have +/- tax implications for 2010.

To everyone else ITT...wow. I consider forex to be similar to putting your $ on roulette. And lol at the Rof IRA brah- if you start for Smith Barney in May, then saying you work there is not true.

And to the people holding C, nice...it seems like a good play right now. I don't invest in individual stocks, but if I did I'd be looking heavily in financials. I do hold a financial tracking ETF: ticker IYF, that is balling right now.
    What? Explain. I don't see how FX trading is any riskier than stock trading as long as you use proper money management.

Registered User highmarketrider's Avatar
    highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by loseyourself View Post

Cutting like Diamonds OmniscientCause's Avatar
    OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ****brickhouse View Post
    never said i work there i said i start an internship there in may. 4 areas of interest in the internship are new business development/wealth managment/client service/practice managment.

I was told I could focus in any of those 4 areas, that being said wealth management will look the best on my resume

I will learn how to use morning-star analysis this summer which will be very helpful.

As an aside, I know i said rof instead of roth...doesnt mean i didnt know what one was or of its importance.
    My Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117854711

_gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats man! You're WAY better than traders at investment banks. Good luck bro!

LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000) LoweRider is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I started investing in precious metals and materials.

Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fist-Of-Freedom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Goodnight Sweet Prince.

Originally Posted by DieselLowe View Post
    Right on.

GLD is heavily manipulated right now.
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰LOOK UP☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰✈

Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by loseyourself View Post
    Here's one of my stock pics from last year, notice my % gained:

Come at me bro.
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump
    BRB getting Brawndo, it has what plants need
    BRB Welcome to Costco, I Love You

wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    23 yr. old portfolio manager checking in...

Fck the haters brah...you gotta start somewhere...get yourself 10 shares of 5 companies with decent growth potential over the long term, use dividend re-investment if it's a stock that pays a dividend and contribute to the account as you can.

Not gonna be overnight...good luck man!

OPTT is a $7 alternative energy spec if you're feeling ballsy too
    Sponsored Animal PM Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121279101

Sponsored App Nut Free Test/HGHUp Log (in progress):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127202263

wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wood.aaronj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Final_Rep View Post

Come at me bro.
    lol @ "stock pick"

Try wild ass speculation on a bankrupt company...you buy some Lehman Bros. too brah? Wouldn't be taking your investment advice TBH.
    Sponsored Animal PM Log:

Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by wood.aaronj View Post
    lol @ "stock pick"

Try wild ass speculation on a bankrupt company...you buy some Lehman Bros. too brah? Wouldn't be taking your investment advice TBH.
    Try due diligence and research, calling into the live audio feed from the court case, reading the court dockets of which there are thousands from PACER and KCCLLC.net and getting an idea of what actually happened with Washington Mutual's receivership back in 2008 then determining that the action was at the minimum incompetent and at the worst fraudulent conveyance and understanding that WMI is due a large sum of money to make up for the transgressions of JPM and the FDIC of which just a few examples are "Project West" from JPM and the breach of JPM's confidentiality agreement just days before the seizure.
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump

Try due diligence and research, calling into the live audio feed from the court case, reading the court dockets of which there are thousands from PACER and KCCLLC.net and getting an idea of what actually happened with Washington Mutual's receivership back in 2008 then determining that the action was at the minimum incompetent and at the worst fraudulent conveyance and understanding that WMI is due a large sum of money to make up for the transgressions of JPM and the FDIC of which just a few examples are "Project West" from JPM and the breach of JPM's confidentiality agreement just days before the seizure.
    in b4 bondholders get 100% of any money due to WAMU and the stock price tanks
    Sponsored Animal PM Log:

highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000) highmarketrider is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DieselLowe View Post
    same here i have over $500 worth of silver buillion coins and over 100 1 ounce silver bars. Engelhards Johnson Matthey and Scottsdale silver are my favorites.

in b4 bondholders get 100% of any money due to WAMU and the stock price tanks
    Well Mr. Portfolio manager, maybe you need to read up on corporate law? WMB's Bonds are now owned by JPM and as such they are subject to a separate action than the Chapter 11 case which is for the holding company WMI. Judge Mary Walrath has already indicated that she does not think the WMB bond claims belong in the case and that the "corporate veil cannot be pierced". This means the WMB are irrelevant.

So are you talking about the WMI bonds? You mean the ones that are trading at nearly 100% of their face?

Yeah... Try again fella.

Registered Sex Offender shitbrickhouse's Avatar
    shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lolpie View Post
    What? Explain. I don't see how FX trading is any riskier than stock trading as long as you use proper money management.
    With both stock investing and forex trading, there is a commission, right? There is sometimes a flat fee, but also a percentage fee. Like you might buy 910 Yuan for $1.00, but if you sell the 910 Yuan back immediately you will only get $0.995. That is called the bid-ask spread. So, if you bought and sold repeatedly, one million times a day, your money would eventually dwindle to $0, with stocks and forex.

The difference between forex and stocks, is that forex has an EXPECTED return of zero. Over time, you expect that currency rates will be pretty stable, but with plenty of volatility. So, if you buy 901 Yuan today, it will likely still be worth about $1 in 5 years. A stock, however, has an expected return of about 8% annual. That is because there is an underlying company behind the stock trying to make profits. So if you buy $100 worth today, it will likely be worth $147 in 5 years (could vary greatly).

So if you trade currency, you will likely have ups and downs, but in the end, you will break about even. Then, when you factor commissions, you will lose money. It is similar to playing roulette, in that eventually the house (market makers) will win. But if you buy and hold a diversified portfolio of stocks, you will likely make money over the long-term.

Questions?
    Can you show me a study of forex traders making money on the average?
    My Pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=34649

Come at me bro.
    you should sell that when did you buy that for a $1

ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well Mr. Portfolio manager, maybe you need to read up on corporate law? WMB's Bonds are now owned by JPM and as such they are subject to a separate action than the Chapter 11 case which is for the holding company WMI. Judge Mary Walrath has already indicated that she does not think the WMB bond claims belong in the case and that the "corporate veil cannot be pierced". This means the WMB are irrelevant.

So are you talking about the WMI bonds? You mean the ones that are trading at nearly 100% of their face?

Yeah... Try again fella.

Yeah... Try again fella.
    in b4 OP thinks he can continue to make "stock picks" and turn it into a career...if you want to play with pink sheets like a fcktard then enjoy it. Try running $100 million in retirement money at 23 in an office of 4 people and beating the market by 38% in '08 and 22% in '09.
    Sponsored Animal PM Log:

hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hpdcoop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good job on starting to invest, but Citi might not have been the best thing to invest in. You also should buy a bit more next time to make your trading fee worth while.

husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000) husszar is a complete loser! (-2000)
    1, if you want to learn, invest in futures, not equities.

2, you're not going to learn anything from investing $50, i would say a worthwhile amount JUST FOR LEARNING is 5k.

in b4 OP thinks he can continue to make "stock picks" and turn it into a career...if you want to play with pink sheets like a fcktard then enjoy it. Try running $100 million in retirement money at 23 in an office of 4 people and beating the market by 38% in '08 and 22% in '09.
    yur an intern right?

ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThisisnotChad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by thebestrbevr21 View Post
    my first encounter into the wonderful world of Investing.

Ask me anything or just make fun of me I'm just sayin I'm full of excitement and optimism that will more than likely be smashed to pieces when I either lose money or make out very slightly ahead or behind

EDIT: Why cant anyone understand that I'm not trying to make a million or even really 20 dollars in this deal yet. I'm just starting out to gain experience using sharebuilder and in the stock market. Simulators only go so far as far as reality, real money is where its at and im just trying to start out very very small in an attempt to feel out what kind of investor i will become in the future as i continue to gain the knowledge i need to become a smart investor rather than an impulsive one and simply put in 4k my first time and blow it all. id much rather lose my 50 bucks and learn something than lose 4k and learn something.

also i get 50 from sharebuilder for making my first trade so i come out on top anyway even if it is small
    You want experience ??????

READ A BOOK ! Don't just start dumping money into the market as a lesson even if it's minimal. Sure, learn how to use the trading program but educate yourself how everything works before beginning.

LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100) LtDangle is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by _gnasher_ View Post
    Congrats man! You're WAY better than traders at investment banks. Good luck bro!
    probably because there are no traders at investment banks?

Originally Posted by highmarketrider View Post
    yur an intern right?
    Nah man...manage all the stock portfolios...no intern
    Last edited by wood.aaronj; 03-10-2010 at 12:41 PM.
    Sponsored Animal PM Log:

ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500)
    lol @ 100m, 4people, 22% and 38%...

i know plenty of people with much more lucrative jobs and resumes than you from my college alone (not a big name either), being proud of such performance is lol.

Current holdings are: (grouped by sector)

CTXS
    CY
    (sold STX and VMW today)

AFL
    AIV
    BBT
    CFR

GRMN
    ROST
    TTM
    (sold LOW today)

CBI
    FLIR
    FRO
    MTW
    NICE

ESRX
    EVVV
    HOLX
    SYK

HAL
    NOV
    XOM
    (sold PCX today)

AEM
    SLW
    Sponsored Animal PM Log:

Originally Posted by highmarketrider View Post
    you should sell that when did you buy that for a $1
    I have already taken out my initial investment. The rest is profit and I letting it ride through the rest of the bankruptcy case. Friday is a big day for the case. The judge is prepared to make a ruling on a deposit of 3.7 billion dollars in cash. If she rules in favor of WMI, and it looks like she will, then these shares won't be worth $90, they'll be worth closer to $600.

AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't look at the $ you make look at the % you increase or decrease.

OK investing $50 you might come out of this +$5, but thats 10%.. not bad at all. Had you invested $5,000 you'd be up $500.

Originally Posted by ne12o View Post
    lol @ 100m, 4people, 22% and 38%...

i know plenty of people with much more lucrative jobs and resumes than you from my college alone (not a big name either), being proud of such performance is lol.
    Really dude? Because charging 1.5% management fees on $100 million = 1.5 million in gross revenues...that's not too shtty for an office of 4 people.

And when major brokerage houses lost MANY people over 50% of their net worth, being down 12% doesn't look too bad. Neither does being up 22% more than the S&P the following year.

Say what you want brah, but I'm not doing too bad for a 23 yr. old with no degree
    Sponsored Animal PM Log: