gregorybradley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Review my diet and routine please...

Have recently reviewed my goals. I am 22, weigh 84 kg and I am about 6 foot tall. play Gaelic football (similar to rugby)and looking to maintain/put on muscle as well as improve my speed.

my routine is:

monday: legs-5 sets of 6 reps- deadlifts(100kg), step ups (40kg), lunges (20 kg dumbells), calf raises and quad extension

tuesday: 1 hour indoor football, gym in the evening. Chest- bench, pull ups, incline db press, cables etc

wed: circuit training

thurs legs-5 sets of 6 reps Squats (100kg), lunges (20 kg dumbells),front squats (60kg) calf raises and hamstring curl then an hour of indoor football (barely able to walk!)

fri: upper body wide arm pullups, arnold press, upright row, shoulder press with bar bell and gealic training

sat: rest day or one arm shoulder press, dips, triceps to fore head, dumbell curls etc

sun: gealic training consisting of sprints 90 mins duration

diet is pretty much the same every day:

8.00 am bowl of porridge with mixed nuts, whey protein shake and piece of fruit

11.00am 3 poached eggs and half tin of baked beans and piece of fruit

2.00pm chicken with whole wheat pasta and tomato based sauce

5.00pm tin of tuna and wholewheat pitta with lots of spinach. shot of olive oil and piece of fruit

8.00pm whey protein after gym and then chicken or beef with vegatable in wholewheat pitta

generally snack on natural yoghurt and nuts. any pointers would be appreciated
    thanks in advance!

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    I feel that deadlift is more back than it is legs. So on my "deadlift day" I mix it up with either Pull-Ups or some Bent Over Rows.

Also, stay away from machines, you don't need them. You can do everything with either a barbell or a dumbbell. And I wouldn't go above 5 reps on any compound lift (bench press, deadlift, squat, military press) and for secondary lifts I would do 6-8 reps.

If you want guaranteed results, I'd follow a program like Starting Strength, Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 or WS4SB3.

Also, are you starting a journal or just asking someone to help critique your diet/lifting. If you're not starting a journal, then this is in the wrong section.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683