Thread: problem

pr35120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pr35120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pr35120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

problem

my girl been trying to lose wieght after our last kid.i.ve got all the equipment, at home.she tried different things,of course dieting and all that.nothing works.she went to the doctor and he gave her adex.it worked at first,but its not working anymore.right now i got her wieght training 3 times a week and doing cardio 4 to 5 times a week.oh yeah shes benn trying to lose this wieght for over 6 years.i just want to know that i hooked her up with the right workout routine.if you guys have any suggestions,or comments. i need her to lose this wieght ,ive been waiting for too long.i dont know how long i can wait ,for this to happen.so i need you guys feedback.

happily married hottie! aznprincess's Avatar
    aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000)
    well, the obvious observation...how's her diet? is she eating under maintenance consistently and patiently?

i'm pretty sure the answer is no.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Also, she has to want to do this for herself. Not because you think it's taking too long.

As aznprincess said, diet is key.
    -

pr35120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pr35120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pr35120 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    Also, she has to want to do this for herself. Not because you think it's taking too long.

As aznprincess said, diet is key.
    shes been saying she wants it,and u dont think 8 years is a long time.and i have been helping

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so what happens if she doesnt lose the weight? If you see shes been trying it shouldnt turn you off from her.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How long you can wait??? Are you going to die or something if she doesn't lose weight?

What exactly has she tried?
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

Horticulturist/Pet Sitter georgiehopper's Avatar
    georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pr35120 View Post
    my girl been trying to lose wieght after our last kid.i.ve got all the equipment, at home.she tried different things,of course dieting and all that.nothing works.she went to the doctor and he gave her adex.it worked at first,but its not working anymore.right now i got her wieght training 3 times a week and doing cardio 4 to 5 times a week.oh yeah shes benn trying to lose this wieght for over 6 years.i just want to know that i hooked her up with the right workout routine.if you guys have any suggestions,or comments. i need her to lose this wieght ,ive been waiting for too long.i dont know how long i can wait ,for this to happen.so i need you guys feedback.
    If she's stuck for 8 years, it's probably the diet. Maybe you could post a typical menu for her.
    I think it's good that she wants to lose the weight. It only gets harder as you get older. ..and I think it's great that you're encouraging her to do so...it's much healthier.
    "He Hath Made Everything Beautiful in His Time"

Originally Posted by FemmeFatale28 View Post
    so what happens if she doesnt lose the weight? If you see shes been trying it shouldnt turn you off from her.
    do you take care of yourself.if you say yes,would you get turned on if your man was 200lbs at 5'2 tall,for 8 yrs..dont lie,to make your point.

Originally Posted by georgiehopper View Post
    If she's stuck for 8 years, it's probably the diet. Maybe you could post a typical menu for her.
    I think it's good that she wants to lose the weight. It only gets harder as you get older. ..and I think it's great that you're encouraging her to do so...it's much healthier.
    shes been eating light meals 3 times a day,more salads.we're both in our mid 30's.she has had 5 kids in her lifetime.the last one was 8 years ago.but i've gotton the machines,she's been dieting.and i've gotton her supplements.shes been excercising,maybe,not the way i would like.but we changed her routine,like i laid out before.but she's already slipping back some.i just hope she sticks to it.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    shes been eating light meals 3 times a day,more salads.we're both in our mid 30's.she has had 5 kids in her lifetime.the last one was 8 years ago.but i've gotton the machines,she's been dieting.and i've gotton her supplements.shes been excercising,maybe,not the way i would like.but we changed her routine,like i laid out before.but she's already slipping back some.i just hope she sticks to it.
    You're 5'10" and 265 lbs and you're complaining about her...you've got a hell of a nerve...

How about you focus on yourself...because you got some work to do seriously...
    Last edited by kimm4; 01-24-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Totally agree Kimm4....

Is it you or her that wants to lose this... if she does and it is you leading her and what you are doing is not working for you why should it work for her...
    Supplements and machines of every description are not going to work without alot of old fashioned hard work...
    Maybe if the two of you embarked on this together, because you want to do it for yourselves and each other... then maybe you would both make some progress...
    Getting there slowly.... and slowlier

OK... so all my stats are rubbish at the moment...

DL - 220lbs.... finally... still aiming for 330....

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    You're 5'10" and 265 lbs and you're complaining about her...you've got a hell of a nerve...

How about you focus on yourself...because you got some work to do seriously...
    see , i knew you were going to act like if it was you i was talking about.or should i say you were going to put yourself in the situation.proabably not saying it the way i want it to come out.and you know what, ive been working out for over 6 years.and you dont know,how i look like.and truly we all work to do.stop acting like that, and give me some real advice.

Originally Posted by smdiskin View Post
    Totally agree Kimm4....

Is it you or her that wants to lose this... if she does and it is you leading her and what you are doing is not working for you why should it work for her...
    Supplements and machines of every description are not going to work without alot of old fashioned hard work...
    Maybe if the two of you embarked on this together, because you want to do it for yourselves and each other... then maybe you would both make some progress...
    your right,but i have been working out for a long time,consistantly.ive been trying to give her lil push .its more for her,than it is for me.thats for sure.but i dont know
    ?i just wanted some advice on a routine, or if what i laid out was fine.appreciate the comments though.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    see , i knew you were going to act like if it was you i was talking about.or should i say you were going to put yourself in the situation.proabably not saying it the way i want it to come out.and you know what, ive been working out for over 6 years.and you dont know,how i look like.and truly we all work to do.stop acting like that, and give me some real advice.
    Ok let me give you some real advice. She has be the one to want to change for herself, it's not something you can force her to do no matter how hard you try. Now if she's the one complaining about her body and crying to you, then yes this opens the door for you to speak up and say "Get off your ass and do something about it!!"

Oh I have a good idea on how you look. I've been training for over 2 decades. I've been working in nutrition/with clients for years. But you're welcome to post a pic and prove me wrong...

It's not going to matter what kind of training program or cardio she decides to do. It's all going to fall back on the diet, this is what gets us the results.

Ok let me give you some real advice. She has be the one to want to change for herself, it's not something you can force her to do no matter how hard you try. Now if she's the one complaining about her body and crying to you, then yes this opens the door for you to speak up and say "Get off your ass and do something about it!!"

Oh I have a good idea on how you look. I've been training for over 2 decades. I've been working in nutrition/with clients for years. But you're welcome to post a pic and prove me wrong...
    yes,she is the one complaining about her body.thats why i was asking for advice on the routine i laid out .if it was right or if you suggest something better.i didnt ask for the other stuff,just real advice.thats why i asked you guys on this forum,for advise.because i was thinking that the women on this forum,would have better idea.than i would or can suggest something better.

It's not going to matter what kind of training program or cardio she decides to do. It's all going to fall back on the diet, this is what gets us the results.
    i know all that,her diet is on track.thats why i asked about the routine.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If she hasn't lost the weight in 8 years her diet is NOT on track. She's obviously eating inadequately for her goals or scoffing cookies behind your back.
    Weight and fat loss is 90% diet, 10% gym.

Why don't you get her on here and get her to do the research for herself?
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

happily married hottie! aznprincess's Avatar
    aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000)
    post her calorie intake/ day, macro break down and give us an example of a day of food.

Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou View Post
    If she hasn't lost the weight in 8 years her diet is NOT on track. She's obviously eating inadequately for her goals or scoffing cookies behind your back.

Why don't you get her on here and get her to do the research for herself?
    shes been trying off and on for 8 yrs,but for the past 3 yrs she has been on track.at least,with her diet.but she was just using the treadmill a couple of times a week.maybe slipping back here and there.maybe , she was getting frustrated with her results.because she would give it her all for a couple of months ,with no results.but she was still doing it.so i came up with the plan, i laid out and was thinking about what you guys thought .i appreciate your feedback,as for getting on her and doing her own research...she expects me to do it.she does'nt like doing research on the computer.

justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50) justass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, if you can you're going to have to give the ladies here a little more to work with than "her diet's ok" and "I have machines, what should she do?" That's simply not enough information for them to base responses on.

Sometimes when guys post questions about getting help for their girlfriends/wives it seems as if some people in this section go on the attack, and they make judgments about your motives (which, in truth, is none of anyone's business... I personally would love it if my man were concerned enough to go into a women's forum to ask questions for me), however, there IS a legitimate reason why the questions should come directly from her. Quite simply: you can't be with her every minute of every day, so you most likely don't really have access to the level of detail that we need to formulate proper responses.

If she has access to a computer get her on the boards. If she's too shy to post then direct her to the stickies at the beginning of the training and nutrition sections of the women's forum. They will give her a good place to start, then if she has questions she can post her own.

Good luck.
    Citius! Fortius! Altius!

www.miamifuryfootball.com

Justass of the Piece, #3.14
    Miami Fury starting center, retired roller derby player and coach and continually aspiring tough chick

Originally Posted by justass View Post
    OP, if you can you're going to have to give the ladies here a little more to work with than "her diet's ok" and "I have machines, what should she do?" That's simply not enough information for them to base responses on.

Sometimes when guys post questions about getting help for their girlfriends/wives it seems as if some people in this section go on the attack, and they make judgments about your motives (which, in truth, is none of anyone's business... I personally would love it if my man were concerned enough to go into a women's forum to ask questions for me), however, there IS a legitimate reason why the questions should come directly from her. Quite simply: you can't be with her every minute of every day, so you most likely don't really have access to the level of detail that we need to formulate proper responses.

If she has access to a computer get her on the boards. If she's too shy to post then direct her to the stickies at the beginning of the training and nutrition sections of the women's forum. They will give her a good place to start, then if she has questions she can post her own.

Good luck.
    thank you for your feedback,and im gonna try to get her on.you are right,im not giving enough info and im gonna try to get her on.thank you very much.

cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou View Post
    ^^
    THIS.

If her diet was on track she would not be overweight. Period. Diet determines the size of your body; exercise determines the shape.

her diet is not on track, otherwise you'd be seeing changes...it's that simple.