Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShaynDaPain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am trying these tomorrow. Already got the goods.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    These things look fawking amazing....I will be trying these soon.

Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Douglas_Quaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok guise pretty embarrassing here.
    Made these tonight and it didn't go too well.
    I've always been a pretty decent cook, but we never do much frying in the family and personally never done it myself so I was kind of going into unexplored territory.
    But let me start from the beginning.

First thing that went wrong- ended up being too forecful with my peppers and half of them weren't a book anymore but two seperate halves.
    Second. I had a lot of trouble getting the flax to stick to the peppers even less getting a full thick coating of it. I suppose I could have used two eggs since I had a pretty good number of (big) peppers)
    Third. I noticed something wasn't quite right when I could see grey smoke coming from the pan of oil heating up. Lowering the heat fixed this but little did I realize the whole kitchen was smoked up.
    Fourth. While frying, a good amount of what little flax I did get to stick to my peppers ended up falling off when i turned them

Now I've eaten plenty of jalapeno peppers and also used them in cooking and recipes numerous times in the past and there was really something going on with THESE peppers.
    Not only were they very big but they were also very HOT. I made them probably around 7-7:30PM. It is now 1:10 AM and my fingers are still ON FIRE. Up until maybe 10:30 (after which I took a freezing cold shower) my entire face was burning especially my eyes. I couldn't even open them and there were waterfalls of tears coming out, I was crying like a b1tch. My forehead and eyelids were very red and my fingers were also very very red almost purple. I also had red marks on my right wrist and a part of my right forearm, all red areas felt like I had a red coal pressed against them.

I don't know man. As I said before I've handled jalapenos countless times and never have I experienced anything remotely close to this. Even habanero peppers never burned me as long or as bad as these jalapenos

Thankfully since I made a lot there are leftovers that I'll be able to eat tomorrow without all the hassle again. I guess I'll wear gloves and immediately remove them after eating
    Last edited by DDJ; 08-12-2009 at 10:17 PM.

LIGHT SKINNED MANDINGO G-mane12's Avatar
    G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i noticed if you boil the peppers for like 5 minutes before you do anything to them they come out alot better.. like the ones you get at resturants
    Stickam: ronniecoleman22

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard." -Mike Tyson

tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyealia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to work at StLouis bar and grill as a cook deep frying those ****ers for 3 minutes until golden brown then ready to serve, get a deepfryer =D

boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boxingepic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks so good, going to try this tonight...

yeah, you definitely have to double batter(2x dipping in egg and meal)

gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this looks freakin awesome. wish i could make it here in the dorm. guess i'll have to wait till i get home

MissIvy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissIvy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissIvy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissIvy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great recipe! Jalapeno poppers are my weakness!
    "Proximo sed nolo fumigare"- close but no cigar

MissIvy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissIvy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissIvy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissIvy81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm still a little new at this so this make seem like a dumb question but where would I find flax seed/meal?

ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MissIvy81 View Post
    I'm still a little new at this so this make seem like a dumb question but where would I find flax seed/meal?
    The local grocery markets usually carry them, and for sure they have them at GNC. You can even try small drug stores like Rite Aid. They for sure have them at organic supermarkets, for example Gelsons, Nugget, or Trader Joes. Hope you find them!

Thanks a bunch! Silly ol me found it in the flour aisle at wal-mart!

pwillems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Made this last night using almond meal as I had no flax meal.

FREAKIN' AWESOME

Couldn't get Jalapenos either so had to use some much hotter chillies. Not sure the variety name. I don't mind a bit of heat, so no issues there. Bit of blue cheese dressing on top...

Will definitely be making these again and again and again.

llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you guys have a smoker or grill?? try atomic buffalo turds...

ingredients: jalapenos, little smokies, cream cheese, bacon,

Instructions:
    cut peppers in half, and derib and deseed
    fill halves with cream cheese even don't over fill, just even with the sides is good
    push a little smokie in the middle and then wrap the entire thing with a 1/2 slice of bacon and toothpick it so it stays. then smoke or grill till the bacon is done.

here is a link for pics and instructions.
    http://thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=657

I have been making these for a few years and people go crazy for them. they are freaking awesome.

jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimbojacked will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just made these and they were absolutely delicious, as well I just realized that these things are loaded with fiber which is a plus. One question though, anyone know how much oil these things suck up while frying? For 5 i figured they would suck up approximately 2tbsp worth. Just trying to zero in on the nutritional profile of these.

plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000)
    i like to mix some small shrimp and shredded crap meat adn some garlic with the cream cheese then wrap the pepper with half a piece of bacon .cook in the oven till the bacons done. This is my super bowl party dish
    currently cutting..... again!!

"most people have absolutely no idea what they're capable of" --me

cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I made these correct and took one bite and my mouth was burning for 2 hours afterwards. I dont know if I bought the wrong type of jalepenos but damn! I even emptied out all the seeds first and boiled them for 4 minutes first. And the jalepeno was still crunchy, not like in the restaurants. I tried a 2nd bite and just had to throw them out. They looked just like the pictures too and I dipped them in ranch.

ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cmilot6329 View Post
    I made these correct and took one bite and my mouth was burning for 2 hours afterwards. I dont know if I bought the wrong type of jalepenos but damn! I even emptied out all the seeds first and boiled them for 4 minutes first. And the jalepeno was still crunchy, not like in the restaurants.
    Unless you're just really sensitive to spicy stuff, it shouldn't burn that bad. You just need to use the regular green jalapenos. Not habaneros or anything like that.
    (Success!)Come show your support and vote for Optimum Nutrition to release an all natural version of their casein and egg proteins:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109431591

cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmilot6329 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow that was a quick reply lol. I'm definitely not sensitive to these sorts of things so maybe I did something wrong. I bought the basic green jalepenos as well. The jalapenos seemed extremely thick, not like the ones in the restaurants that are nice and thin.

Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cmilot6329 View Post
    Wow that was a quick reply lol. I'm definitely not sensitive to these sorts of things so maybe I did something wrong. I bought the basic green jalepenos as well. The jalapenos seemed extremely thick, not like the ones in the restaurants that are nice and thin.
    hmm did you reember to tuck your string in before you made them?

BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BLab5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    heat wise, just make sure to remove ALL the seeds(that's where the real heat lies with most peppers)....just don't rub your eyes with your fingers after.

great recipe...trying it out this weekend

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    picked up ingredients while shopping. thanks man cant wait to try this out!
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, the substance I am eating sure tastes like a popper but looks nothing like one lol. I cant cook to save my life. I had problems with the batter sticking to the jalapeno too.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess almond flour doesn't work, all the flour fried off of the Jalepenos for me. I even boiled the peppers than egg and flour. Didn't work for me. It wouldn't stick on the peppers.
    Last edited by queloque; 12-10-2009 at 02:46 PM.
    FEED THE MUSCLE, BURN THE FAT!