Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Richoss' Training Journal

So to be straight forward, I have not made any progress at all since starting lifting weights several years ago. That is right, YEARS, not days or weeks, but YEARS! Now I'm sick of being skinny, I want me some strength and size.

So here is the journal that will track my progress.

I designed a simple program literally 2 minutes before I went to sleep last night

Monday
    Squat
    Barbell Row
    Romanian Deadlift

Wednesday
    Bench Press
    Lunge
    Barbell Shrug

Friday
    Deadlift
    Dip
    Back Extension

That is the basic program, the rep scheme is a couple light warm-up sets for the first two exercises, and then 4-5 sets of 5 reps with progressing weight, and the last set is 3 reps (that is the rep scheme for the three exercises per workout, every workout.

I will go heavy for 3 weeks, and deload on the 4th week, that is one cycle. Each cycle I will change the exercises except the main 3 (Squat/Bench/Dead), and I will be doing this program for 3 cycles (3 months)

I have decided to keep things simple, perform a few compound workouts, full-body, instead of doing splits, assistance exercises and fancy sets. As I'm just after gaining strength and mass.

The area I will need to focus on is my eating, and I will have to eat like a mad-man, whenever I can. Which will be tough because of work schedules (I work from 3-4pm until Midnight with a hour dinner break and one 15minute break, I do this 3x a week).

My overall goal is to weigh in at 64kg (141lbs) by the end of the program, so it's a gain of approx 7.6kgs (16.75lbs)

Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Monday
    28/09/09

Squat
    10kgs x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 35kg x 5 reps / 50kg x 3 reps

Barbell Row
    10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 3 reps

Romanian Deadlift
    20kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 40kg x 5 reps / 45kg x 3 reps

Morning Weight - 56.4kg

A good first workout, gives me a good idea where I am at, and I think in a couple weeks I can set some goals on where I want certain lifts to be at in the future. With the last set of squats, I feel I wasn't going low enough, so instead of increasing the weight on the last set, I'll keep it at 50kg and aim to go lower.

With the Row and RDL, I will aim to increase the weight next week, not sure by how much just yet, but will be increasing.

Came home and had a chocolate milkshake, and then had a big bowl of pasta. Can't report for the rest of the day because it's only midway afternoon.

Next workout will be on Wednesday, with Bench Press, Lunge and Shrug

Wednesday
    30/09/09

Bench Press
    10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps

Dumbbell Lunge
    12.5kg x 5 reps / 12.5kg x 5 reps / 12.5kg x 5 reps / 17.5kg x 5 reps / 17.5kg x 5 reps

Barbell Shrug
    40kg x 5 reps / 50kg x 5 reps / 55kg x 5 reps / 55kg x 5 reps / 65kg x 3

Morning Weight - 56.2kg

Wasn't a terrible workout, legs were still a bit sore from Monday's workout. My bench was a eye-opener on how much strength I have lost since stopping, as I use to be able to bench in the 40kgs area, but it's all about progression. Lunge's weren't the best, as my legs were still sore from squats on Monday. Shrugs were okay, but will be jacking the weight up.

A quick weight room story which nearly left me with either a crushed chest, blown lung or a crushed throat! So I'm benching away, trying to push each rep out, arms are shaky. This frail old guy is trying to do bw step-ups on a bench right next to the pathway of my barbell. He stepped down off his bench and must of lost some balance because I felt my barbell move, I quickly look over and this old guy is trying to regain balance by holding onto my barbell, which is hanging over my chest! It nearly slipped out but I just held on as much I could until he let go of it. I could not believe it, it was a law-suit ready to happen! And it was crazy because the previous night to the workout, I read how a football player in the states crushed his throat when a barbell slipped. Got to love public "leisure centres"

Friday's workout will be Deadlift, Dip and Back Extensions
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=390444731&posted=1#post390444731

Friday
    02/10/09

Deadlift
    10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 35kg x 5 reps / 45kg x 3 reps

Assisted Dips
    (40kg) x 5 reps / (40kg) x 5 reps / (40kg) x 5 reps / (40kg) x 5 reps / (40kg) x 5 reps / (30kg) x 3 reps

Back Extension
    BW x 5 reps / BW x 5 reps / BW x 5 reps / BW x 5 reps / BW x 5 reps

A pretty good workout I thought. This week was a good week, and showed me where I am at strength wise, and helps to build on where I want to be at the end of 3 months time. Next week I will focus on just adding some more weight to each exercise of all the workouts, except the Squat on Monday.

The Assisted Dip was done on a machine, and the (40kg) is a resistance setting, lower the weight, harder the exercise. It does not mean I had 40kg hanging off me and I was dipping. Just to make sure so no one gets confused.

If anyone is reading this log, I would like to hear some feedback on the general program. Is the exercise selection good? Exercise order? What would you change?

Thanks guys, that's Week 1 done and dusted

Monday
    05/10/09

Squat
    10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 35kg x 5 reps / 40kg x 5 reps / 50kg x 3 reps

Barbell Row
    10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 35kg x 3 reps

Romanian Deadlift
    20kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 40kg x 5 reps / 50kg x 3 reps

Morning Weight - 57.1kg (+0.7kg)

Monday seems to be the day for good workouts, as today was another good one. I kept the max the same weight as last week on the Squat, but went lower this week, so next week will be adding more weight. Added some more weight for the other two exercises and seemed to went alright with it, will add more next week. Diet seemed to be on track, as I am aiming for approx 0.5kg weight gain each week, and for the previous week I gained a total of 0.7kg. I want to keep this trend going.

After seeing some other member's journals, I think I should of made my first post a little more "exciting" haha. Should of introduced my journal a bit better, provide a back story and some photos. But instead of doing it for the 1st post, I'll do it for the 6th post.

I've always been "that skinny kid"! You know that skinny kid, that skinny kid you see who is basically skin and bone! Yep that is me, but not for long. After many years of dumb workout programs, inconsistent training, injuries, dramas and anything else that can deter someone from training, I've had enough, I want change. I could wait around and let change come to me, or, I could make change come to me! I prefer the latter option. I'm planning to do this program until midish December, than re-evaluate for the new year. I'm not going to enter the new year as "that skinny kid" again! I will be weighing heavier with some muscles on the frame. I will still be skinny, but I won't be "that skinny kid"

I've tried several journals, much didn't get past 4 workouts, but this one is different. This will be flooded with workouts!

A little history on me for those who don't know... I was born with some problems with my heart. I had closed heart valves, and my veins weren't how they should of been, and I had a hole in the heart. I underwent open-heart surgery at the young age of 2 days old, and doctors told my parents, "He will not see his first birthday"

I was also diagnosed with scoliosis, however, I do not know for sure the angle of it.

These two problems led me to having to travel to the Royal Melbourne Hospital for most of life, when I was younger, I had to have frequent visits, and stay in for several nights. As I got older, I only needed to see the docs once or twice a year.

Having these problems led to my mother being very over-protective of me! But who could blame her, she was just doing the motherly thing. I was not really involved with sports until sadly, when I was 15, my mum was diagnosed with cancer. Doctors said she may live for a few years with it, 5 months later, on October 22, 2003, she passed away after losing the battle. I then suffered some depression, but started playing some sports, which led to me feeling somewhat happy. So I continued to play sports to help battle the depression. I was not a superstar by all means at these sports, but I enjoyed it, and it took my mind of things.

Now we fast-forward to the year 2009, I am living out of home with some housemates, working, working out, and waiting to hear if I get into University (I will find out in '10). I am also studying to become a qualified Strength and Conditioning Coach.

I am also thinking, in the near future, of doing something big to help raise money for cancer research. I'm thinking of a big run, or bike, or maybe climb or something, bit if any of you guys have an idea, please post, as I'd love to hear it.

So this is my introduction to my journal, on my 6th post. I could of went on for a lot longer, but instead of boring you with stuff you probably don't care about, I will continue to bring you stuff you do care about, Workouts!

So stay tuned, keep checking in, and Carpe Diem!
    Attached Images

Wednesday
    07/10/09

Bench Press
    10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 22.5kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 27.5kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 3 reps

Dumbbell Lunge
    12.5kg x 5 reps / 12.5kg x 5 reps / 12.5kg x 5 reps / 15kg x 5 reps / 15kg x 5 reps / 17.5kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps

Shrug
    40kg x 5 reps / 50kg x 5 reps / 55kg x 5 reps / 60kg x 5 reps / 65kg x 5 reps / 70kg x 3 reps

Morning Weight - 56.9kg

A much better workout this week than last weeks one. Bench was good, as I progressed better this time. Lunges were good, the last set I felt some grip strength lost and some fatigue in my legs. Shrugs were good, my grip was lacking a bit from the lunges but managed to pump out 70kg for 3 reps.

Friday
    09/10/09

Deadlift - 10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 10kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 35kg x 5 reps / 40kg x 5 reps / 45kg x 5 reps / 55kg x 3 reps

Assisted Dip - (40kg) x 5 reps / (40kg) x 5 reps / (40kg) x 5 reps / (30kg) x 5 reps / (30kg) x 5 reps / (20kg) x 3 reps

Back Extension - BW x 5 reps / BW x 5 reps / BW x 5 reps / 5kg x 5 reps / 5kg x 5 reps / 5kg x 5 reps

Morning Weight - 57.4kg

A good workout, was happy with the deadlift, but will try for 65kg next week. Dips are going good, I'm progressing and hopefully I can do a couple without the machine in a couple weeks. I will be looking at maybe going for 10kg each set next week for back extensions.

Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foblisk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hahahaha yeah I just noticed that as well . I created a log and just called it " Just lifting " hahahaha. Hey well anyway good luck mate. Sub'd

Monday
    12/10/09

Squat
    10kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 40kg x 5 reps / 45kg x 5 reps / 50kg x 5 reps / 60kg x 3 reps

Barbell Row
    10kg x 5 reps / 20kg x 5 reps / 25kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 35kg x 5 reps / 40kg x 5 reps

Romanian Deadlift
    20kg x 5 reps / 30kg x 5 reps / 40kg x 5 reps / 50kg x 5 reps

Morning Weight - 56.6kg (-0.5kg)

First off, I am not impressed about my weight loss! It was going good, on friday I was weighing in at 57.4kg, than all of a sudden, over the course of the weekend, I lost it all! Will have to eat double to make up for it, I should be weighing in at 57.4kg minimum at this moment!

As for the workout, squats were hard today! I was starting to struggle on the 45kg set, and the next set was extra hard, I may have not went down low enough on a rep, it's hard to tell when you are by yourself. For the last set, I did the first two reps, had to rack the weight, rest for a tiny bit, re-rack and squat.

Rows were okay, felt I cheated on the last rep on the last couple sets, which I need to stop doing.

I started doing these properly this week, and it was a killer! I was meant to do one more set of 3 reps, but I had no more gas in the tank.

Oh I've had a injury scare during squats. It seems when I am holding onto the bar, my left shoulder/upper-pec area is shot with pain. I'm not sure whether my shoulder is out of place compared to my other one, or because of past injuries, but it seems a lot of pain is shooting through that area, and it is painful to squat like that.

Now I'm unsure about next week, and I hope anyone following could help me out here, should I deload next week? Or keep going hard?