Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Going a little above and beyond

Did my chest/tricep workout earlier today to get it done...BUT I feel like doing another workout tonight.

SO im going to go ahead and do Shoulders tonight. You know when the feeling hits you , you just do it and dont think about it.

Anyone else gonna do a little extra tonight in the gym to try and make yourself feel just a little better ??

Good luck to everyone out there pushing the iron today..

Certified Salt Beef Junky MT_Pawkits's Avatar
    MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    Did my chest/tricep workout earlier today to get it done...BUT I feel like doing another workout tonight.

SO im going to go ahead and do Shoulders tonight. You know when the feeling hits you , you just do it and dont think about it.

Anyone else gonna do a little extra tonight in the gym to try and make yourself feel just a little better ??

I couldn't do it, but then again when i do chest I need to recoup before I do shoulders.
    I go all out and doing shoulders that soon, one of the two would be lacking and not getting the training they deserve.

Nope don't need the lil extra to make me feel better, once I am done a body part its done. I do cardio in the evening and that makes me feel better. Try it, your heart is a muscle too.

Good Luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Beer nuts $1.25, Deer nuts under a Buck!~~~~~~~~~~~

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish, you create a liar!

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you've been training long enough to know that your body can handle this "little extra", then go for it.

However, for someone who does not train on a regular basis, or hasn't been training long (probably not you - but for anyone else reading), throwing in "a little extra" can be dangerous because he/she may not realize when they have gone too far until it's too late.

A friend of mine, who lifts weights once in blue moon, was doing shoulder work one day and thought "Hey, this is going so well, I'll just throw in a few more sets." A week later he was at the doctor with an arm he couldn't raise; a month later he still had shoulder pain and was considering physical therapy. I don't know if he has been back to the gym yet (this happened last fall).

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Sounds like you approach your workouts with a little reluctance?? If I don't workout at 6am I think about it all day until I step into the gym, and then it's MY time and the world goes away. "Just getting it done" can not be very productive or very satisfying...

Registered User MazberryDelight's Avatar
    MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MazberryDelight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i also did chest and triceps early this morning , i think i'll probably go do legs after dinner, give my upper body a rest till tomorrow

Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fifty+ View Post
    Sounds like you approach your workouts with a little reluctance?? If I don't workout at 6am I think about it all day until I step into the gym, and then it's MY time and the world goes away. "Just getting it done" can not be very productive or very satisfying...
    Hard to get excited about toning.
    Roll Tide

Consciousness: The annoying time between naps.

I wouldn't touch the metric system with a 3.048m pole.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bamma View Post
    LMAO!! needed that chuckle

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish, you create a liar!

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WOW...what a bunch of downers. Geeeshhh..I was trying to get some people hyper about workingout and maybe pushing a little extra today..lol..

If you cant handle workingout a little harder then normal once in a while you might have problems and maybe need a checkup.

Im not talking about pushing 100% and maxing out on all the different exercises...

Come on people get in there and PUSH IT..PUSH IT REAL GOOD..."salt salt salt salt Salt N Peppa here"..

Originally Posted by Fifty+ View Post
    I workout 5 days a week and do cardio at least 4 days a week. I dont care when I workout. I can in the morning or wait until 11 at night. It really doesnt matter. Maybe you dont LOVE to workout if you have issues waiting?? This is the reason for my post. Its was to get people excited...maybe push a little harder today. thats all.. Now get on it.

Originally Posted by MT_Pawkits View Post
    LMAO!! needed that chuckle
    lol...always someone hyjacking my theads..haha...Thats ok. I just had a great day and workedout nice and hard 2x today.

By the way...neither one of you have pics? Why?

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It has been about 30 years since I felt that I left something in the gym to the point where I felt I had to go back. I do not think that a double-split of chest/tris and shoulders would be beneficial at any level, but if you feel the need go for it.

What has kept me from having those feelings is giving a purpose to every workout and understanding how that workout fits into my overall plan and goal.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Talking

lol...always someone hyjacking my theads..haha...Thats ok. I just had a great day and workedout nice and hard 2x today.

By the way...neither one of you have pics? Why?

Does my not displaying a pic bother you? Sorry.It has been here previous for months. I didn't think a pic was required to employ a little common sense.

Just look at my posts, then read some of your own and then tell me that your pic makes a difference LOL!

Speaking of downers? Have a peek in the mirror big fella.

I don't think you are worthy of sound advice and after reviewing some of your previous posts, I think I have you figured out and will waste my breath no further.

Have a nice day LMAO!
    Last edited by MT_Pawkits; 07-27-2009 at 05:06 PM.

...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

WOW...what a bunch of downers. Geeeshhh..I was trying to get some people hyper about workingout and maybe pushing a little extra today..lol..

If you cant handle workingout a little harder then normal once in a while you might have problems and maybe need a checkup.
    Fifty+ gave your thread a serious, thoughtful reply. If you keep getting so defensive right away, soon other members aren't going to bother with serious replies.

On topic, I tried double splits and am not in good enough shape to handle them. I do like to combine chest, shoulders, and triceps in one workout though, since they overlap so much.

Ok..These forums are just like school.If you arent in the click, you are a nobody. I simply made a nice thread and here it is getting turned into a flaming pile of s...h...i...t..

This is getting old. Really tired of people twisting things around to make me sound rude and mean.

Go jump on someone else for once.

kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kgartin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is getting old. Really tired of people twisting things around to make me sound rude and mean.
    Yeah, it kind of didn't make sense to me either...

I thought mikieson was just posting lightheartedly.

just sayin'...

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    i do not think that a double-split of chest/tris and shoulders would be beneficial at any level, but if you feel the need go for it.

What has kept me from having those feelings is giving a purpose to every workout and understanding how that workout fits into my overall plan and goal.

ray
    amen!
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kgartin View Post

just sayin'...
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Mike

Going back to your original post...as a comparison...

I work biceps and chest together. I spend about an hour in the gym and, during the course of this hour, my heart is pumping hard and I am dripping sweat. (been lifting about 4 years now).

When I leave the gym, I am spent...endorphins are kicking in and, once I get out of the shower, I am in a Zen-like state of relaxation. Not a chance I could have the energy to go again later in the day.

So I'm glad you're inspired to hit it. But you may want to consider upping the intensity of your chest day. Adding an extra set, or adding 5-10 lbs on your lifts, may take you to that feeling of productivity most of us desire.

Keep the faith.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    hey kevin, sum1 is gettin a little upset....

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am just keeping it simple

Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok..These forums are just like school.If you arent in the click, you are a nobody. I simply made a nice thread and here it is getting turned into a flaming pile of s...h...i...t..

Go jump on someone else for once.
    Okay, sure. Sorry I even mentioned anything.

Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Now, that's funny right there .

Seriously though, I am the type who every now and then likes to take things to extremes. I was reading the other day about the Sheiko programs, and today wanted to just run a day that was somewhat similar to what I would have been doing anyway, only with the Sheiko volume. So, I hit day #1 of #29. Lots and lots and lots of bench pressing. I never thought 70% of max would feel so damn heavy. It was fun, but I don't think I will be trying that craziness again for a long while.
    Roll Tide

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Originally Posted by kgartin View Post

just sayin'...
    You don't know him yet.
    Roll Tide

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay, FWIW, when I train, I do it wholeheartedly and leave nothing else in the tank. That's it, it's over and done with, and I don't want to see the weights until two days later when I hit 'em again. That's me.

OP, please stop with this "clique" BS--it's getting tiresome. I ain't "part of the crowd" either, and I don't give a damn if I am or not. I just post to (maybe) help those out who may not know what to do--and sometimes post on a whim. Get over it. Have a nice day, train hard, and don't take everything so seriously.

My two yen...
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Count me in that "I had no clue there was a clique here" group. Seems almost everyone here gets along just fine with the exception of, oh I don't know, one person. This group is just about like any other out there. There will be some picking and teasing on everyone. Once someone breaks down and lets it be known that it bothers them, the group is on him like a pack of wolves. The more you cry after that, the worse it gets.

Personally, I was tolerant up until the whole "If you guys vote, I will leave" poll. When it looked like you were about to be voted off the island, the poll was stopped and here you still are, acting about the same as you did before the poll.
    Roll Tide

You don't know him yet.
    If he is that new he doesnt know anything about these forums. All it takes is someone "me" asking a question or making a reply or giving advice and Im labled a TROLL a Jerk , someone who doesnt workout or care about myself because I eat "within reason" what I want.

Face it ...You are one of the people that over the internet are very mouthy and love to cause problems. Thing is...In real life, where you can get knocked down...I bet you are totally different. Just like 99% of the people here.

Wink

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    OP, please stop with this "clique" BS--it's getting tiresome.
    Count me in that "I had no clue there was a clique here" group.
    PMs sent with official invitations to "Kennedy's Klique".

Count me in that "I had no clue there was a clique here" group. Seems almost everyone here gets along just fine with the exception of, oh I don't know, one person. This group is just about like any other out there. There will be some picking and teasing on everyone. Once someone breaks down and lets it be known that it bothers them, the group is on him like a pack of wolves. The more you cry after that, the worse it gets.

Personally, I was tolerant up until the whole "If you guys vote, I will leave" poll. When it looked like you were about to be voted off the island, the poll was stopped and here you still are, acting about the same as you did before the poll.
    So thats the problem? I have let myself become an easy target so im getting jumped on?..Well I really wish there were more "better" mods here.

I didnt have ANY real problems until a month or so ago and it was over nothing at all. Its cool...Im looking at other forums to go to instead of this one. Im on several forums and never have problems. So that lets me know its the people here that have issues.

So enjoy making fun while you can....over 35?..yea...I think not for the most part.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If he is that new he doesnt know anything about these forums. All it takes is someone "me" asking a question or making a reply or giving advice and Im labled a TROLL a Jerk , someone who doesnt workout or care about myself because I eat "within reason" what I want.

Face it ...You are one of the people that over the internet are very mouthy and love to cause problems. Thing is...In real life, where you can get knocked down...I bet you are totally different. Just like 99% of the people here.
    99% wow!

I would hope I am that 1%
    On the list for Bannukah