kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz

How did you handle your kids moving away?

My oldest daughter has decided to move to Tennessee with her b/f. (She just told me today.) They will be leaving in 6 weeks. They want to get away from MA and start over. Her b/f landed a great job and there's a ton of work there. She will more than likely be transferred in her job as well.

For those that know me I'm a strong woman. I'm pretty much rock solid and show very little emotion...but this is seriously crushing me.

How do you handle your kids being so far away?
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    My oldest daughter has decided to move to Tennessee with her b/f. (She just told me today.) They will be leaving in 6 weeks. They want to get away from MA and start over. Her b/f landed a great job and there's a ton of work there. She will more than likely be transferred in her job as well.

For those that know me I'm a strong woman. I'm pretty much rock solid and show very little emotion...but this is seriously crushing me.

To be honest I don't even do well when my daughter goes to her dad for part of the summer, I call or text daily. I knew she was happy so that helped a little.
    Worse is my situation with my son he has a drug addiction and made bad mistakes that has caused him to have to do some time incarcerated and it hurts so much to only see him once a month for a couple of hours. I was a walking zombie for the first 6 months when I couldn't visit yet. He has become stronger and clean through this - and I have become a better stronger person.
    My husband would like to leave Las Vegas but I could never leave him behind, my son and I are very close despite his problems.
    Hopefully they are not moving extremely far and you can visit often.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My son moved out a couple of years ago, he is now 24.

My Daughter moved out a few months back, she is 26.

2 weeks after she moved out, he moved back in, along with my brother.

I was so close, so close.

When they all finally move out i am going to the nearest church and lay prostrate on the floor to give thanks to God for finally answering my prayers.

I dont think its ever going to happen.

None of the ones living here have jobs but they pay rent but not much. Now my sons girlfriend is pregnant and of course she doesnt have a job either. She is drawing disability becasue she has some sort of problem that prevents her from getting pregnant.

It unreal how much laundry 3 unemployed people do every day, all day.

They all stay up all night so their tvs and all the lights are on 24/7.

They each have a referigerator in their rooms plus playstations plus computers.

My son has about 6-7 aquariums with all sorts of lizards and what not that need heat lamps on the top and heaters from the bottom as well.

I swear that every outlet in the house has about 4 extension cords coming out of it an the meter runs at such a blur it a wonder they can read it. Last utility bill was $225 for the month.

I cant wait for them to leave.

And you people wonder why I drink while i squat. Its the only peace I get. Do you think they would actually workout? Hell no, they seem to be busy watching tv and arguing with one another.

Of course this is all done in the middle of the night when i am trying to sleep.

My advice. Let them go, convert their room to something as soon as they pull out of the driveway.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Our oldest wouldn't, so we did!
    I'm a sad little man

Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    Our oldest wouldn't, so we did!
    Very funny...mine are still young (11 and 10), and I can not imagine them ever moving out. Are you guys trying to make me cry? I am already upset that they have both moved up to adult sized shoes (damn these kids have big feet).
    Roll Tide

Consciousness: The annoying time between naps.

I wouldn't touch the metric system with a 3.048m pole.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My daughter will be leaving in two weeks for college. She will be a junior. She went to a local junior college for her first two years. She is my only child and I do not know how I will deal with it, but I do know it will be hard.
    Truth is heavy, so few men carry it.

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Our oldest just finished leave today and is headed off to his first permanent duty station in Norfolk, VA, with the United States Navy. Snookums and I are proud of him- we were both surprised and pleased that he completed two fairly technical courses before going off to this assignment. It appears that he will do well with his job, but he's horrid when it comes to personal finances.

hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) hipshimmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hochspeyer View Post
    Our oldest just finished leave today and is headed off to his first permanent duty station in Norfolk, VA, with the United States Navy. Snookums and I are proud of him- we were both surprised and pleased that he completed two fairly technical courses before going off to this assignment. It appears that he will do well with his job, but he's horrid when it comes to personal finances.
    Think of stuff you wanted to do around the house that you couldn't because the kiddies were still there. Maybe that will help. At least I hope it will.

bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm still tryin to get over my youngest goin to school full time--he goin in 2nd grade this yr.
    ◊–◊–◊–◊-Cut Like Diamonds by June Crew–◊–◊–◊–◊
    Old school workouts, weight lifting. Believer in Iron. Following Arnold's teachings and principles.

=Anxiety Crew=

Must Read: Encyclopedia of Body Building by Arnold. "Bodybuilding is the best sport." Arnold

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thumbs up road trip

Kim,

Tennesse is a very pretty State........... I'd go visit 'OFTEN'........ lol

Our son is going off to college in Sept, I know it's going to be hard on my wife. But, we'll still have our daughter here who I told the other day she had to go to college here in town because I'd miss her too much if she moved away. I've still got some time though she's just starting HS this year.
    Was friends with Methuselah

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post

When they all finally move out i am going to the nearest church and lay prostrate on the floor to give thanks to God for finally answering my prayers.

None of the ones living here have jobs but they pay rent but not much. Now my sons girlfriend is pregnant and of course she doesnt have a job either. She is drawing disability becasue she has some sort of problem that prevents her from getting pregnant.

My son has about 6-7 aquariums with all sorts of lizards and what not that need heat lamps on the top and heaters from the bottom as well.

I swear that every outlet in the house has about 4 extension cords coming out of it an the meter runs at such a blur it a wonder they can read it. Last utility bill was $225 for the month.

And you people wonder why I drink while i squat. Its the only peace I get. Do you think they would actually workout? Hell no, they seem to be busy watching tv and arguing with one another.

Of course this is all done in the middle of the night when i am trying to sleep.

My advice. Let them go, convert their room to something as soon as they pull out of the driveway.
    I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I feel your pain and would like to loan you an automatic weapon.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I feel your pain and would like to loan you an automatic weapon.
    Don't give him any ideas!!!
    Was friends with Methuselah

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Kim,

Tennesse is a very pretty State........... I'd go visit 'OFTEN'........ lol

Our son is going off to college in Sept, I know it's going to be hard on my wife. But, we'll still have our daughter here who I told the other day she had to go to college here in town because I'd miss her too much if she moved away. I've still got some time though she's just starting HS this year.
    I went to Tennessee many years ago. I lived in Kentucky for about a year and a half. My oldest is 21 and she did move out at 18. (moved back home a couple times.) She's only a few miles away so it's easy. I guess the thought of her being so far away bothers me. My youngest girl is still at home she's only 11.

I will adjust.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry I cant help your plight Kimm. My son moved out when he was 28. I threw a week long party which cost me a fortune but was still cheaper than him living with me. I actually bought him a one way ticket to the other end of the country. Hes now 31 and we actually get on better than we ever did.
    pick it up and put it down

canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadianwoman will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I feel your pain. My 2 adult sons live with me. Going to the gym is the only relief from the madness.
    Last edited by canadianwoman; 07-19-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Big hugs Kim

I only know that my mum cries everytime I drive away to the airport after being home to visit.

I guess it is hard if you have a great relationship with her to let go.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    kimm, you won't be as sad when she starts coming over and looking in the fridge before she even says hi to you. just sayin'.

My mom used to say, "If your laundromat was free, I'd never see you!"

LMAO! You're killing me over here crup.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post

mine is 16, but it won't be long before I too have to cross this bridge. just thinking about it makes me want to cry.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    My oldest had a child.......... so yeah. I never even made it to my 40's before becoming a grandfather? Yet, I look 29. Btw, she's 20 years 6 months old. But, still doing the school/job thing. Big family support as well. Just very very very odd to know.

My other two daughters are 12 and 10. So long time with them and love every minute of it.

It's hard, but we can't stop the hands of time and we all were in their shoes once too. Look at us now.
    US Marine Corps Vet 8 years ( 92/00 ) - Semper Fi - ★cVc★

Certified Salt Beef Junky MT_Pawkits's Avatar
    MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Good Luck!

I changed the locks, it didn't work and strongly suggest moving yourself once they are out, or you may just end up with a nic name like mine. lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Beer nuts $1.25, Deer nuts under a Buck!~~~~~~~~~~~

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish, you create a liar!

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry to hear that, Kim. I'm not sure what to tell you here, as I haven't been down that road...yet. I started late having kids, so my oldest and admittedly, closest (I know, I know), is just 20yrs old. He's got 2-3yrs of school left, and then figures he might end up in TX or LA because of the industries (oil companies are likely) that hire people in his field(Bio-molecular and Chemical Engineering). I think it's going to be harder for him to leave me! He is very close to me, and he's my pal, too.

The thing is, we just have to deal with it. This is what kids do; grow up, move out and live their own lives. The best we can hope for is that we've established healthy relaionships with them, and that they'll want to stay as close as their new real world permits. But as you know, our kids are also all different. Some stay close to us and some may not. I have a feeling your daughter will come to appreciate you even more when she actually moves, and you and her may even become closer than ever. And no distance can stop that from happening .
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10) free816 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im throwing a party no reason to be upset, told the wife i want 2 buy a rv and go where the hell i feel like going. i digress, you will get over it , what part of tennessee are they moving to? not much here in east tn as far as work, a bunch of work in west ten.
    free