Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) LEE-TARQUIN-UK is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

As Ivan Drago said in Rocky 4.... "I fight to win, for me....FOR ME"

I first started with the notion of impressing a girl I was seeing, then to impress women generally. Now I train for myself, how it makes me feel and how I ultimately want to look... If anyone else likes it and comments all the better. If not I know I am happy what I am doing regardless.

RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RLara85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    At a root level everything we do is to attract the opposite sex. A woman doesn't wear tight jeans because the fabric is so nice, she wears them b/c she feels attractive in them and it's in our genes to cause others to find us attractive.

Imagine if the world was all straight men... all the women just died off. Do you think ANY men would work out? Do you think ANY men would wear designer clothes or even bother to shave or bathe? The moment you take away the opposite sex, sh*t suddenly gets real.
    All of a sudden men would be eating beanie weenies out of a can on the street with dirty clothes, unkept beards and smelling like ass. Ivan Drago doing it for himself? Give me a break, in a world of only men, Ivan Drago would have a beer gut and be standing around belching with his buddies while kicking footballs at passing cars.

That's fundamental.

Out in the real world? Having a challenge to top everyday gives meaning to life, watching your body change as a result of your work is pretty damn cool. I don't like to blend in and be the average joe, I like to stand out in a crowd, in a good way. I like to intimidate, not be intimidated, so I do something about it rather than complain.

Health? Pshh, yeah right. If you want to be healthy just jog everyday and eat very clean. Benching 400lbs and having 18 inch arms has NOTHING to do with health, it's a vain sport and we all know it. Sure I'm in good health, I could also be in just as good health doing 25% of the work I do now, so, no, bodybuilding is not about health regardless of what anyone tells you.

Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dusan_GR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RLara85 View Post
    At a root level everything we do is to attract the opposite sex. A woman doesn't wear tight jeans because the fabric is so nice, she wears them b/c she feels attractive in them and it's in our genes to cause others to find us attractive.

Imagine if the world was all straight men... all the women just died off. Do you think ANY men would work out? Do you think ANY men would wear designer clothes or even bother to shave or bathe? The moment you take away the opposite sex, sh*t suddenly gets real.
    All of a sudden men would be eating beanie weenies out of a can on the street with dirty clothes, unkept beards and smelling like ass. Ivan Drago doing it for himself? Give me a break, in a world of only men, Ivan Drago would have a beer gut and be standing around belching with his buddies while kicking footballs at passing cars.

That's fundamental.

Out in the real world? Having a challenge to top everyday gives meaning to life, watching your body change as a result of your work is pretty damn cool. I don't like to blend in and be the average joe, I like to stand out in a crowd, in a good way. I like to intimidate, not be intimidated, so I do something about it rather than complain.

Health? Pshh, yeah right. If you want to be healthy just jog everyday and eat very clean. Benching 400lbs and having 18 inch arms has NOTHING to do with health, it's a vain sport and we all know it. Sure I'm in good health, I could also be in just as good health doing 25% of the work I do now, so, no, bodybuilding is not about health regardless of what anyone tells you.
    that's not the only explanation. look at the old greeks. they didn't give shyte about women 'cos they were a level beneath, and they are the first to develop the culture of athleticism and beautiful physique.
    also i don't believe homo explanations of that subject.

IMO there are several reasons why people lift weights, and mostly it comes down to this:
    - to reach their genetic potential and make themselves more desirable to women than other men (superficially, we are selected because of the quality of our genes, and muscles are one of the best advertisements for our genes)
    - to dominate. for example, there are a lot of huge bbuilders who were pushed around when they were kids. also it always feel good to be strong(er)
    - and more recently health factors, because as a society we are much more conscious about our health than ever before, because for the first time we realize how does it all function and what we need in order to stay heathly

Originally Posted by Xronoz View Post
    I train primarily for myself, but I opening admit that I train for other people as well. Some of them aren't even aware that I train for them, and likely never will be, but my dedication will never die and they are part of the reason.

ME
    Health, self image, etc...

MY WIFE
    Who doesn't want their mate to find them irresistibly sexy?

MY KIDS
    My kids deserve to have a daddy who's healthy and strong. ...someone who sets a good example for them not only mentally and morally, but physically as well. ...someone who can keep up with their energy level and who can ensure that they'll still be around later in life when they're dealing with their own "grown up" problems.

MY BROTHER
    My brother and I are only a year apart. We used to train in martial arts together and had great physiques. Since then we have both become family men and had gotten fat/lazy along with it. The difference between us is that now I'm healthy again and quickly gaining my physique back, and he is doing quite the opposite. He's only 28, and his heart skips beats, he's been told (by a doctor) that he has the lungs of a 70 year old, and is just obviously in very poor health...and he's getting worse very quickly. Part of my motivation is to secretly show him that you CAN get better if you work at it.
    like it!
    i've always wanted to say those words

Carbs are bad, mmkay. shivers316's Avatar
    shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivers316 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have to say that I train mainly for myself, but my girlfriend isn't too far behind me on that list. I definitely wanna be in the best shape possible for her. After all, I'm 31 and only getting older, and she's 23 and smokin' hot haha.