sudden101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

where can i find plans to build my own leg press

hi guys, can any body help me. where can i find plans to build my own leg press machine, i want to incorporate that into my leg days and going to the gym is out of the question. i have looked around but it seems that me an google equals nothing.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Probably not a good idea unless you're an experienced metal fabricator. MIG/TIG welding experience and equipment is a must.

As far as plans go, simply take a tape measure and a note pad to the gym, and do some sketches from the leg press there. If you qualify for the above, drawing up a set of plans should be no problem for you.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Probably not a good idea unless you're an experienced metal fabricator. MIG/TIG welding experience and equipment is a must.

As far as plans go, simply take a tape measure and a note pad to the gym, and do some sketches from the leg press there. If you qualify for the above, drawing up a set of plans should be no problem for you.
    thanks for the reply iron. welding is no problem. as for the tape measure i tried that but apparently they dont take kindly to people coping their equiment. the nearest gym is 50 miles from me. in case somebody was wondering.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sudden101 View Post
    hi guys, can any body help me. where can i find plans to build my own leg press machine, i want to incorporate that into my leg days and going to the gym is out of the question. i have looked around but it seems that me an google equals nothing.
    Why not squat? It is a whole lot cheaper and will not take up any more room.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about going online and referencing a product you like. Inquire about specs to the customer service board and see if they will offer up a drawing as a guide to putting it together. Tell them you need to determine if you have the room for their product.
    "Nobody's a natural! You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better. It's hard to stay on top"!

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Why not squat? It is a whole lot cheaper and will not take up any more room.
    Not everyone "can" squat or wants to squat. If I had a legpress I would never squat again.

blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000) blastertech70 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You will get plenty of "na-sayers" I have fabricated/welded all my life and if your the DIY don't worry in most cases it is better then what you can buy.

It wouldn't be to hard to build your own, I have buillt all my own equipment but the leg press. Just left that to last and then never got to it.

You just need to determine at what incline you need and probably the hardest part would be finding and buying some radial bearing that would carry the load.

Basically, make a stationary seat at the bottom of your incline and a rack/base that is driven on a radial bearing on each side. Incorperate a stop/lock at the bottom.

They make I-rail that has recessed mounting screws and radial bearing with mouting feet in differentt sizes that you can buy. Popular in industrial production and automation.

www.granger would be a great source.

BTW.. when I was building my equipment I got the basic idea from the "Atlas" equipment the only diff from theres and mine is the "sticker"
    9-26-08 407 lbs
    5-25-09 315 lbs
    5-26-09 313 lbs
    5-10-09 310 lbs
    6-21-09 308 lbs
    6-26-09 306 lbs
    6-30-09 305 lbs
    7-13-09 298 lbs
    9-15-09 295 lbs

112 lbs total loss

Goal weight = 230 lbs

" There are no victims only volunteers"

hi guys thanks for all the intrest to my post,actually i do squat, but going to heavy when you train alone, is a bit risky for me. i have had injuries from squating before, and i dont want to take a chance again.

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sudden101 View Post
    hi guys thanks for all the intrest to my post,actually i do squat, but going to heavy when you train alone, is a bit risky for me. i have had injuries from squating before, and i dont want to take a chance again.
    i built my own squat rack.if i fail to get back up it will catch the bar.much easier to make i would think than a press.

having said that it wouldn't catch me if i passed out.like you say it can be risky alone.

Zyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's great that you wish to build your own equipment. That's becoming a lost art these days. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result if you go through with it.

Another option would be a power rack. You can safely squat in it and use it for for many other things. There's some plans floating around for home made power racks if you think that would be a good option. It would be the best single piece of equipment to own.

Originally Posted by Zyn View Post
    I think it's great that you wish to build your own equipment. That's becoming a lost art these days. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result if you go through with it.

Another option would be a power rack. You can safely squat in it and use it for for many other things. There's some plans floating around for home made power racks if you think that would be a good option. It would be the best single piece of equipment to own.
    hailz guys well ive started with my build. will post some photos when its finished. havent located any decent plans, yet, so i will build from memory.maybe i can inspire somebody else
    @ zyn i already have a power rack. rather a power cage. after the leg press i plan to build a decent calve machine.
    Last edited by sudden101; 07-02-2009 at 04:43 AM.

BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stick to front and back squats and single leg exercises.

The leg press is over rated.
    "The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."-T. Edison-

"Governments should also decrease the role of economists - they're no more reliable than astrologers, and they do more damage."-N. Taleb-

"A fundamental characteristic of our economy is that the financial system swings between robustness and fragility, and these swings are an integral part of the process that generates business cycles."-H. Minsky-