Thread: Cla

Master of The Universe laneanders's Avatar
    laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cla

I have started taking CLA to help rid myself of these last 2 or so lbs of body fat, and I was just wondering if anyone had saw any significant changes when using this. I've been on it for just under a week now, and half of the time has been on days I haven't worked out (weekend). Yet somehow I can actually notice a slight change. Just wondering if anyone else had saw anything noticeable this quickly.

Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    I have started taking CLA to help rid myself of these last 2 or so lbs of body fat, and I was just wondering if anyone had saw any significant changes when using this. I've been on it for just under a week now, and half of the time has been on days I haven't worked out (weekend). Yet somehow I can actually notice a slight change. Just wondering if anyone else had saw anything noticeable this quickly.
    If you notice a slight change it's because you've been eating less calories than your body burns each day. It has nothing to do with CLA. CLA can have benefits but for the sake of burning fat I would not use CLA, instead I would use a product like Meltdown, Hydroxycut, Lipo-6 and whatever else you have in the category.

Kind regards
    Robert Lilja

laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000)

Yeah

My caloric intake didn't change at all, and I hit dead on 2500 every day. Not only that but my cardio has decreased, and I have only done one day of resistance training on CLA. So obviously it's something else aside from nutrient intake or exercise. Again I've been taking it for less than a week, and I'm not going to take any caffeine type fat burners ever again. I hate the crash. So I'm really looking for something different, and I heard so many good things about CLA. I decided to try it, so far it seems to be doing a little bit.
    Last edited by laneanders; 06-14-2009 at 11:52 AM.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My caloric intake didn't change at all, and I hit dead on 2500 every day. Not only that but my cardio has decreased, and I have only done one day of resistance training on CLA. So obviously it's something else aside from nutrient intake or exercise. Again I've been taking it for less than a week, and I'm not going to take any caffeine type fat burners ever again. I hate the crash. So I'm really looking for something different, and I heard so many good things about CLA. I decided to try it, so far it seems to be doing a little bit.
    CLA is absolute junk.

Your supplement ignorance has caused you to fall for the hype of irrrelevant benefits on little furry animals and fat asses.

You my little friend, have experienced the power of PLACEBO!

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    CLA, when used in place of other fats/calories can have beneficial effects on body composition, particularly with regard to fluid retention. I'd recommend it, easily, over Lipo6 or Hydroxycut.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    CLA is absolute junk.

Your supplement ignorance has caused you to fall for the hype of irrrelevant benefits on little furry animals and fat asses.

So a placebo has the power to decrease body fat %? Awesome news retard. When I said a noticeable change I guess I should've specified that while having done less resistance training, less cardio, taking in the same amount of calories, yet somehow burning less I manage to lose a full hundredth of a % point. So...anymore ignorant wastes of space that want to try and hijack a post asking if anyone has seen results with their pathetic blathering about what they seem to know nothing aout?

Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robert Lilja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Read up on the research available and you might change your mind. If you only read ads or talk with reps from different companies you will only hear good thing about all the products that they sell.

And to say you've noticed changes for that short of a time just by using CLA makes me wonder if you have been of victim of the famous placebo ghost.

Kind regards
    Robert Lilja

CLA is absolute junk.

Originally Posted by uhockey View Post
    CLA, when used in place of other fats/calories can have beneficial effects on body composition, particularly with regard to fluid retention. I'd recommend it, easily, over Lipo6 or Hydroxycut.
    This is the kind of reply I am looking for, not some pieces of trash coming in and throwing up garbage. So you say CLA has alot to do with fluid retention. So the weight I've lost would be water weight then?

Originally Posted by Robert Lilja View Post
    Read up on the research available and you might change your mind. If you only read ads or talk with reps from different companies you will only hear good thing about all the products that they sell.

And to say you've noticed changes for that short of a time just by using CLA makes me wonder if you have been of victim of the famous placebo ghost.

Kind regards
    Robert Lilja
    I'd say it has more to do with the water retention the other fellow was talking about than a placebo effect. I wouldn't see how a placebo is going to decrease body fat % or show a marked improvement in ab definition. I would say it has alot to do with my simply shedding some water weight.
    Last edited by laneanders; 06-14-2009 at 12:09 PM.

I'd say it has more to do with the water retention the other fellow was talking about than a placebo effect. I wouldn't see how a placebo is going to decreae body fat % or show a marked improvement in ab definition. I would say it has alot to do with my simply shedding some water weight.
    If you say so. Strange that you only seem to listen when someone has something positive to say and ignore when someone has something negative to say.

I've been working in this industry for quite some time now and I'm just trying to help you, if you heed my advice or not is up to you.

Kind regards
    Robert Lilja

Your post wasn't in the least informative. It was opinion based. You told me not to talk to reps. I have yet to speak to a single rep on here. All the information I've received in regards to the use and uses of CLA have come from articles written on this site by trainers not in anyway affiliated with CLA. You told me my changes were placebo based, yet another opinion. I ignore opinion when I ask for fact.

Examples of Fact from Articles found from this very website:

Some of the most known suggested benefits of CLA supplementation include:

* Increased metabolic rate -- This would obviously be a positive benefit for any type of athlete that is trying to lose weight and improve body composition.

* Enhanced muscle growth -- Muscle burns fat, which also contributes to increased metabolism, which is useful in weight loss and management.

* Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides -- Since many people these days have elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels, even with treatment, this benefit can have an impact on any person who has high cholesterol.

* Lowers insulin resistance -- Lowering insulin resistance has been shown to help prevent adult-onset diabetes and make it easier to control weight.

* Reduces food-induced allergic reactions -- Since food allergies can be at play when weight loss becomes difficult, this can be of help.

* Enhances immune system - With the variety of bacteria and poor immune systems in contemporary society, enhancing the immune system's ability to function properly is a positive benefit to all.
    ^ by Mike Hajoway

CLA supplementation was also shown to improve the lean mass to body fat ratio, decreasing fat deposition, especially on the abdomen, and enhancing muscle growth. CLA achieves this reaction by it reduces body fat by enhancing insulin sensitivity so that fatty acids and glucose can pass through muscle cell membranes and away from fat tissue [2]. This results in an improved muscle to fat ratio.

Compelling evidence also indicates that CLA can promote youthful metabolic function and reduce body fat. The unique mechanism by which this fatty acid protects against disease makes it an important addition to any supplement program.

Food intake efficiency! CLA has been shown in animal studies to increase growth rate through increased feed efficiency. In controlled studies, animals that had their diets supplemented with CLA increased their body protein (muscle tissue) while at the same time, had a significant decrease in body fat.

This all occurred in the CLA supplemented animals while their food intake was decreased. Their lean mass increased even though they were eating less! This indicates that CLA increases feed efficiency and also points to a potent nutrient repartitioning effect.

This significant change in body composition can also be attributed in part to CLA?s effect on immune function. When CLA levels fall, interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor-a are involved in the accumulation of body fat. CLA has been shown to inhibit the lean tissue wasting caused by high levels of these cytokines.

^ by Clayton South

These are just a few of several I've read plenty about before even considering using this product. Thanks.
    Last edited by laneanders; 06-14-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Included more information

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your post wasn't in the least informative. It was opinion based. You told me not to talk to reps. I have yet to speak to a single rep on here. All the information I've received in regards to the use and uses of CLA have come from articles written on this site by trainers not in anyway affiliated with CLA. You told me my changes were placebo based, yet another opinion. I ignore opinion when I ask for fact.

Examples of Fact from Articles found from this very website:

Some of the most known suggested benefits of CLA supplementation include:

* Increased metabolic rate -- This would obviously be a positive benefit for any type of athlete that is trying to lose weight and improve body composition.

* Enhanced muscle growth -- Muscle burns fat, which also contributes to increased metabolism, which is useful in weight loss and management.

* Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides -- Since many people these days have elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels, even with treatment, this benefit can have an impact on any person who has high cholesterol.

* Lowers insulin resistance -- Lowering insulin resistance has been shown to help prevent adult-onset diabetes and make it easier to control weight.

* Reduces food-induced allergic reactions -- Since food allergies can be at play when weight loss becomes difficult, this can be of help.

* Enhances immune system - With the variety of bacteria and poor immune systems in contemporary society, enhancing the immune system's ability to function properly is a positive benefit to all.
    ^ by Mike Hajoway

CLA supplementation was also shown to improve the lean mass to body fat ratio, decreasing fat deposition, especially on the abdomen, and enhancing muscle growth. CLA achieves this reaction by it reduces body fat by enhancing insulin sensitivity so that fatty acids and glucose can pass through muscle cell membranes and away from fat tissue [2]. This results in an improved muscle to fat ratio.

Compelling evidence also indicates that CLA can promote youthful metabolic function and reduce body fat. The unique mechanism by which this fatty acid protects against disease makes it an important addition to any supplement program.

Food intake efficiency! CLA has been shown in animal studies to increase growth rate through increased feed efficiency. In controlled studies, animals that had their diets supplemented with CLA increased their body protein (muscle tissue) while at the same time, had a significant decrease in body fat.

This all occurred in the CLA supplemented animals while their food intake was decreased. Their lean mass increased even though they were eating less! This indicates that CLA increases feed efficiency and also points to a potent nutrient repartitioning effect.

This significant change in body composition can also be attributed in part to CLA?s effect on immune function. When CLA levels fall, interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor-a are involved in the accumulation of body fat. CLA has been shown to inhibit the lean tissue wasting caused by high levels of these cytokines.

^ by Clayton South

These are just a few of several I've read plenty about before even considering using this product. Thanks.
    OK Einstein.

Why don't you look at the ACTUAL RELEVANT research and show me positive data on HEALTHY NON-OBESE TRAINED HUMANS!!!!

Not this crap on different species and extrapolations from fat ass populations.

Sucka. Forever a tool for the marketers.

OK Einstein.

Why don't you look at the ACTUAL RELEVANT research and show me positive data on HEALTHY NON-OBESE TRAINED HUMANS!!!!

Obviously you are much more intelligent than me. So we shouldn't continue this because your intellect so far surpasses mine we aren't even in the same league. I bow to your monumental intelligence quotient...no seriously. What kind of idiots reply to these posts. I give up. I asked for feedback on CLA not for dumbasses that want to rant and try to put down individuals for asking simple questions. I asked for people that had taken it before and seen results or had not seen results. Not some retarded egocentric piece of trash that just wants to get his rocks off trying to insult someone obviously his superior in more ways than one. This thread wasn't about ME proving anything to the likes of YOU. It was about people that had taken CLA previously, and had or had not seen results. What about this is complicated?

NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100) NoahBDH is not very well liked. (-100)
    ive had very similar effects, except i didnt notice anything til week 2

OK Einstein.

+1

Ignorance makes money, what more do we need to say.

And to laneanders I also want to say that I have tried CLA, and about a couple of hundred other different supplements on the market, my "opinions" are based mostly on current research but also on my own experiences.

Kind regards
    Robert Lilja