Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sup guys, I tried this last night... I did it with biceps and triceps, I like it! Woke up this mornin arms feelin pretty sore, my arms were hurtin from the pumps. I prefer this for the limbs, tonight I'll try squats
    Watch these videos on 9/11:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=906859

Cutting to 8-10% body fat GregElder's Avatar
    GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tamacracker,

Glad you had a good workout! Everyone I know who tries this approach gets VERY sore and pumped. It shocks their muscles into growth and/or brings out new cuts.

Good luck with the rest of your work outs this week,

GE

cball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read all 17 pages of this thread the other day, got totally psyched, was about to incorporate this technique into my training when I found another article & thread on H.I.T., leaving me completely confused, as I found both arguments completely logical, and suited for hardgainers like myself (photos: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=231750 ). While I think i could probably attain even more intense pumps w/ the ROB method, i'm highly concerned about overtraining as a cause for lack of progress in the past. The key point that drives my brain insane about the HIT is the two phases after working out that are brought up, not only does your body need time to recover, but it ALSO needs time AFTER that to build muscle. I can only wonder if I've been interrupting the muscle growth by working out after recovery occurs, but before muscle growth occurs. I am sure both methods (while completely opposite), work well for many people, i'll try both out for myself as everyone should. I simply wish I could tell in advance which would be more benefical for MY body. Anyone else uncertain?

designedmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should cycle hypertrophy with the number of sets and reps you do to avoid overtraining... like anything too much, the body adjusts.

Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamacracker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sup guys... tonight I did legs, and I enjoyed my squats and calf raises... I was doin them pretty quickly actually... my legs can withstand alot of stress, so I worked them hard. I think goin to do these every other week, since Im only goin to use them on arms and legs. Ill change squats with leg press and seated calf raises with standin calf raises. With biceps Ill change them with french curls, preacher curls, BB curls, incline DB curls, and hammer curls. Triceps I'll change skull crushers, over head DB tricep press, tricep pushdowns, and close grip bench. I only do one bicep work out, and one tricep workout. I do these till failure.... that's why I will do these every other week. Every two weeks Ill change my routine for my limbs on the ROB approach. I dont think this would be ideal for cuttin though.... I think plenty of carbs should be taken before n after ROB trainin. I didn't eat as much today but I still had a good work out... next time I'll eat more on the days I do the ROB trainin.
    Watch these videos on 9/11:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=906859

Pre-1960s Work Outs FTW! Blashy's Avatar
    Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    In support to Rob's training.

The best work outs and progress I ever made was a simple:

7 excercise 6 sets of 7 reps with 15-20 seconds of rest in between. 1 excersise per body part.

Using a weight that is around 60% of your 1 rep max.

3 times per week full body.

This was over 13 years ago and since then I've tried this and that, now just hiting my 30s I think I'm getting wiser because I've just gone back to this type of training, hehe. Even my wife loves it. She wonders why I've made her do other routines since we've met (4 years), lol .

Funny thing, the man who showed me had this small gym ( 300 square feet ) , he was close to 60, very good shape. After reading more over the years, I figured out he was teaching me the Vince Gironda way.
    You can live a healthy life without Carbs.

You'll die if you eliminate proteins or fats.

robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Blashy
    In support to Rob's training.

The best work outs and progress I ever made was a simple:

7 excercise 6 sets of 7 reps with 15-20 seconds of rest in between. 1 excersise per body part.

Using a weight that is around 60% of your 1 rep max.

3 times per week full body.

This was over 13 years ago and since then I've tried this and that, now just hiting my 30s I think I'm getting wiser because I've just gone back to this type of training, hehe. Even my wife loves it. She wonders why I've made her do other routines since we've met (4 years), lol .

Funny thing, the man who showed me had this small gym ( 300 square feet ) , he was close to 60, very good shape. After reading more over the years, I figured out he was teaching me the Vince Gironda way.
    Thanks so much for your post, Blashy.

For some reason, I'm still subscribed to this thread, which is why I got notice of your post.

Please visit my Web site and forum (http://forum.robthoburn.com), where you'll find lots of ROB-training fans, including myself.

I've discussed ROB training with many of the top university researchers in the fields of resistance exercise, muscle growth, and related matters. There's a lot of support for my method, which as you indicate isn't really 'my method' at all. Vince Gironda talked about it as have many others.

One of the scientists I've corresponded with recently is Dr. Naokata Ishii. He and his colleagues have published perhaps the only studies on a 'ROB-style' training method involving 30-second rest periods. He found that it produce marked increases in muscle mass in women. He uses this method himself.

By the way, I'm from Canada. I now live in Orange County, California with my girlfriend. But my parents live in Toronto. I grew up in Waterloo, Ontario.

Thanks again for your inspiring post. I'm excited to train tomorrow because of it!

Hope to see you at robthoburn.com soon.

Best,
    Rob
    rob@robthoburn.com

designedmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to live in orange county down in mission viejo....

robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I live in Costa Mesa, Designed.

I work out at 24-Hour Fitness Sport Club. Used to train at Club MET-Rx. (Too dark and hot there, but equipment is better.)

Please come by my forum and sign up (it's free). I'd love to have you there.

Where do you live now?

Rob

cbcortez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Max-OT

Hi guys,

Is it right to say that

ROB = Hypertrophy (muscle size gains)

while

Max-OT = Strength gain

????

I plan on switching between the 2 every like 4 weeks and a week off

ergo Max-OT for 4 weeks, rest 1 week, ROB for 4 weeks, rest 1 week, Max-OT for 4 weeks..rinse and repeat.

so what so you muscle bound cut like beasts crazy ass bodybuilders think?

oh yeah, ive been training for a year now no gains in chest muscleature....go figure. oh but i reckon it was because i was not eating enough and catabolizing myself....so im getting that covered now.

GoldynChyld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea make sure you sign up at Rob's forum. He really is well versed in what you'll need to know/do during this phase of your body building phase. I used to do the program because it works, but I had to stop because of basketball. Rob WHAT's UP MAN? !! Remember me-GoldynChyld. I'll be going to the University of Massachusetts AMherst in the fall. I'm currently working on my game, and just learning how to do olympic lifts better and faster. I look forward to starting back on your program in August so I can put on some muscle in my back and chest.

Peace

GC
    Currently training to be a walk on Umass' Mens Basketball Team.....Try and stop me

I'm @ Umass Amherst right now. Sports Management major '08.

I wanna play college ball so if any of those old coaches that recruited me in high school see this.....Get back in contact with me lol

NOTE: You can now download my e-book on The ROB Concept and other e-books for free at www.robthoburn.com

IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by robertthoburn
    NOTE: You can now download my e-book on The ROB Concept and other e-books for free at www.robthoburn.com
    lol a 2 year bump!

Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Saint 3:16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LMAO....I wondered how a 14 page thread suddenly appeared.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I remember this thread. LOL.

Cell_Tech_Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cell_Tech_Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cell_Tech_Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cell_Tech_Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cell_Tech_Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I been following the R.O.B approach for a few months now. I Like it. I can't do the same bodypart more then once every week or every other week cause its so exhausting mentally and physically to me.

adam666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey have bin using this method for two weeks now and it works great. i have put 3/4 of an inch on my arms and half inch on my chest.. hard training though......really sore after the first couple of days gets better over time though

thanks rob this method is amazing

adam666

Dieting down from 230 bdybuilderchuck's Avatar
    bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im curious to know if any of u guys out there experienced good gains in size while on this program

thx for any help
    Just graduated Physical Therapy school and started working in an Outpatient Orthopedic Clinic

Next on the goal list is to get Strength and Conditioning Certified

yes i have iv gained 5 pounds and 3/4 of an inch on my arms

bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdybuilderchuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adam666 View Post
    yes i have iv gained 5 pounds and 3/4 of an inch on my arms
    how long of a time period did it take for you to gain this
    Just graduated Physical Therapy school and started working in an Outpatient Orthopedic Clinic

Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drudge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff View Post
    I remember this thread. LOL.
    Holy smokes i forgot about this thread years ago. Time to check out robertthoburns site.
    PWA

Originally Posted by Drudge View Post
    Holy smokes i forgot about this thread years ago. Time to check out robertthoburns site.
    it seems as tho a lot of the links on his site no longer work...???

iv bin using this for 2 weeks

Originally Posted by adam666 View Post
    iv bin using this for 2 weeks
    3/4 of an inch in 2 weeks? wow, umm waht were ur arm workouts and were u training them 2x a week or 1x

imy arm workout is alt dumbell curls, preacher curls, tricep kickbacks, tricep extensions, and forearm wrist curls normal and reverse.

i work on my arms 2x a week but if im really fellin pumped i through in a bicep and tricep workout with other body parts

neolux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Time to bump an old thread with a few pics too. I trained under the influence and guidance of Rob back in 2004-05, i was in the shape of my life. Something i want to get back to as compared to back then i look like crap.

1st pic is at my most ripped.
    2nd pic is a 3-4 months later with an increase of cals.
    3rd pic is me a few weeks back looking real rubbish. Training with low number of sets and eating far too much has got me in a terrible condition.

One of the main ways i trained was to use the heaviest set 1st then rest 10-20 secs before doing next set and lowering weight when needed to continue to perform 5-8 reps. Sometimes i would do a few weeks of 2-4 reps and all the time i would do 10 sets for small muscles and 12-15 for larger. I would use 3 days on 1 off, 3 on 2 off and repeat.
    Attached Images

Nothing productive to say FitzChivalry's Avatar
    FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FitzChivalry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Is the e-book still free on that site? I can't find it.
    Last edited by FitzChivalry; 05-01-2008 at 04:59 PM.

neolux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
    Is the e-book still on free on that site? I can't find it.
    I'm not sure buddy. Email Rob and ask if the offer is still available, i'm sure he will reply when he gets chance. I lost mine when my computer died a long time back and i decided to smash it up as it was old anyway.

There used to be lots of information on his site before it changed which is a very sad loss. There was discussions with respected doctors etc with regards training that would make very interesting reading. Rob is a man that likes to ask questions and he has met, or corresponded with some very knowledgable people

Thanks for remembering me

I want to offer a heartfelt thanks to Mr. NeoLux and others who remember my R.O.B. training posts. I was saying to NeoLux the other day that I don't think my name has been mentioned in Bodybuilding.com for years.

The R.O.B. Report is still available for sale on my site. It comes with a free e-book on arginine and nitric oxide. I've pasted the link below: http://www.robthoburn.com/index.php?...d=14&Itemid=34

I no longer write about the R.O.B. training concept, though I frequently use it in my own workouts.

Thanks very much for the (renewed) interest.

Have a wonderful day,
    Rob