S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000)

Seeiking advice, newbie starting out!!

Hey guys,

I'm seeking advice on to gain muscle or "get big" (which I don't think i physically possible for someone in my position). Basically I'm 6" and 126lbs (yeah, I know wtf!!) and I want to gain some muscle, I'm sick of being this skinny. I'd like to know what's the best option(s) for someone like myself just starting out. Should I get a gym pass or can I make something happen by just working out at home? I don't have any workout equipment at the moment so any suggestions would be appreciated. Not having much of an appetite is probably one of that factors for why I'm so skinny, but I do believe I have a fast metabolism. My doctor says I'll eventually "even out", but who knows when that will happen.. Also, is there an supplements I should take?

mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im not gonna lie to ya, its going to take a long time, your going to have to learn to force yourself to eat and your going to eat horrible tasting things. exercise wise in the beginning anything helps, but i would suggest you look up a routine, i would suggest using a rep range between 6-8 reps, and make sure you lift weight heavy enough that you reach failure within that rep range, dont do cardio, for your situation cardio would only hurt your gains
    i rep everybody who helps.

owe reps for life to:
    pauleccles, jhendi82, throwanade, laxmatt, ccm, yoj, metalman302

mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwcharger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    and supps, aside from protein and a good multi-vitamin, the only thing you need to buy is lots and lots of food. i learned that the hard way

owe reps for life to:

S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000) S1X is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mwcharger View Post
    im not gonna lie to ya, its going to take a long time, your going to have to learn to force yourself to eat and your going to eat horrible tasting things. exercise wise in the beginning anything helps, but i would suggest you look up a routine, i would suggest using a rep range between 6-8 reps, and make sure you lift weight heavy enough that you reach failure within that rep range, dont do cardio, for your situation cardio would only hurt your gains
    Do you have any routine suggestions? I actually bought some xyience CG3 a while back, haven't used it yet. Is muscle milk good?
    Last edited by S1X; 01-01-2009 at 07:10 PM.

chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000) chillster84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    we all started somewhere brah, at 19 you're a bit later than most here, but its at least you didnt come here asking if you should cut because you think you're fat lol..I started recently too and am making solid gains this site will point you in the right direction listen to advice people give you because we know more than your doctor (srs)

search a 5x5 routine on bodybuilding.com or try DC training (but that might be a little too advanced) how many days a week do you plan on working out?

owe reps for life to:

search a 5x5 routine on bodybuilding.com or try DC training (but that might be a little too advanced) how many days a week do you plan on working out?
    Probably about 3 days a week, possibly more.

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/lebrun16.htm

^ check out this page, this is pretty good for begginers

owe reps for life to:

i would strongly suggest getting a gym membership, dont be afraid to ask people at the gym for help too. and even though you are starting out at 126 trust me if you eat and lift in a couple years i bet youll be pushin 180lbs, jus stay motivated and lift heavy

owe reps for life to:

SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gym Pass
    Use the Starting Strength program by Mark Rippetoe
    Eat everything in site

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki
    Read everything on this ^^^^^

^^ strongly suggest rippetoes, but that may be a little advanced tho

owe reps for life to:

Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    and supps, aside from protein and a good multi-vitamin, the only thing you need to buy is lots and lots of food. i learned that the hard way
    correction lots and lots and lots* of food lol

SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^ strongly suggest rippetoes, but that may be a little advanced tho
    SS is perfect for beginners. DC on the other hand is for very advanced lifters

Originally Posted by SecondSucks View Post
    SS is perfect for beginners. DC on the other hand is for very advanced lifters
    yeah i jus thought id mention it because i gained the most mass on that program and the program itself is pretty easy to follow , jus kinda complicated

owe reps for life to:

Originally Posted by SecondSucks View Post
    Eat everything in site
    Anything in particular?

Originally Posted by S1X View Post
    Anything in particular?
    real food, non processed, non fried, no fast food,

eat alot of penutbutter, vegitables, steak, chicken, stuff like that

owe reps for life to:

chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10) chris_bulking is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Search the forums, and read through the stickies, check the main site for teen training guides their is plenty of information and hundreds of threads made by people like you seeking advice and beginner routines.

Goodluck man, stay motivated.

Originally Posted by S1X View Post
    Anything in particular?
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...nts_and_Cardio

R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500) R3VOLUTION is not very helpful. (-500)
    good luck man youll reach them goals i know .