Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by razuel View Post
    Depends on who you ask. Most history books concede that it helped, but obviously it's a matter of perspective (and most Republicans like to say it didn't).

I believe it helped.
    Most conservatives aren't living in reality and are purely ideillogical. They to this day fail to realize that with a completely free market we could be in a depression indefinitely.

angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) angelgarcia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I Rep Back!
    Leave it in the rep comment box.

NOOBS LOOK HERE

FOR GETTING BIG (BULKING)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2691741
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=891263

FOR BURNING FAT (CUTTING)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=81315
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=538637

Other Stuff
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7530731
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108601431

Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was unaware that the president "leads" the economy and is responsible for what our American Dream is

can anyone see the irony?
    "I accidentally a whole bottle of hemlock" ~ Socrates

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post
    Most conservatives aren't living in reality and are purely ideillogical. They to this day fail to realize that with a completely free market we could be in a depression indefinitely.
    It's spelled ideological.

And anyone that doesn't realize that the "New Deal" is screwing us over to this day is blind, deaf, and dumb.

Or they're an Obama supporter.
    NSCA-CPT.

razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KhanPaulsen View Post

And anyone that doesn't realize that the "New Deal" is screwing us over to this day is blind, deaf, and dumb.

Are you kidding me?

What do you think separates us from a third world country? Regulation. We need a system to help the poor, we need programs to make sure the gap between the super poor and the super rich doesn't get wider and wider until there is no middle class.

AdonisSMU said it well.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it."

badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs down

Yeah, just like Roosevelt did with his policies-- which are very similar to Obama's-- right?

We need a pro-active approach, not a wait-and-see policy.
    Roosevelt started us on the path of reliance on big government, just what we need.

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Can you or morbidmind break out an example of where a continuation of hands of market regulation will lift an economy out of deep depression? I have mixed feelings on the new deal programs. I think in the long run they had negative effects on the growth and scope of government obviously but I think that at they time they were probably necessary and I think some good came from the actual programs themselves.

The main divide here is that you 2 both focus solely on the issue of government expansion and the arguable exacerbation of the market correction. Most people take into consideration the citizenry as well or are you going to argue that in the absence of the new deal the suffering of the average out of work citizen would have also been lessened?
    "I'm not like most girls." -most girls

Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dubl10 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    whether you vote for obama, mccain or ron paul, it doesn't matter. Nothing will EVER CHANGE until we abolish the federal reserve.

just sayin.

wake up america!

realize, your votes don't matter! and one person, mccain or obama or ron paul, can't abolish the fed, because he'll get assassinated. like JFK and lincoln.

The FED will make sure their president gets elected, even if they have to cheat, like in 2000 with Bush and Florida. the MASSES must do it. we all must abolish the FED. Americans, stop being lazy and acting like your vote matters, get off your ass, stop being a bunch of pussys, show you care about your country and the rest of the world and get that damn fed abolished.

NOW!!!!

the revolution, has begun. Nov. 22nd.... abolish the federal reserve!!

End The Fed: Join the Fight, 11/22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ7w8...eature=related
    The Truth On Politics, The United States Gov't and the World.
    http://truthknowledge.com/

badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) badbart is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The great mess we call social security.

KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you kidding me?

What do you think separates us from a third world country? Regulalation.
    Regulation + Capitalism = Corporatism

When the government jumps in, sets regulations that only a set of elite companies can afford to keep, it eliminates competition.

We need a system to help the poor, we need programs to make sure the gap between the super poor and the super rich doesn't get wider and wider until there is no middle class.

AdonisSMU said it well.
    We don't need a system to help the poor. People need to do more charity work, but it should never be compulsory.

America has never functioned on the idea that everybody should be close in wealth, it's a stupidly idealistic fantasy born straight from Marx.
    NSCA-CPT.

Originally Posted by shaftoe View Post
    Can you or morbidmind break out an example of where a continuation of hands of market regulation will lift an economy out of deep depression? I have mixed feelings on the new deal programs. I think in the long run they had negative effects on the growth and scope of government obviously but I think that at they time they were probably necessary and I think some good came from the actual programs themselves.

The main divide here is that you 2 both focus solely on the issue of government expansion and the arguable exacerbation of the market correction. Most people take into consideration the citizenry as well or are you going to argue that in the absence of the new deal the suffering of the average out of work citizen would have also been lessened?
    Roosevelt tried all kinds of programs and the depression didn't end until WWII. 8 years of huge government programs that did nothing. Any of his programs still operating today like Social Security area a huge failure.

Originally Posted by shaftoe View Post
    The problem with beauracracy is it is almost impossible eliminate, and always causes other problems indirectly.

As we're finding out today with social security/medicare.

The problem with this entire fiasco is failed companies aren't allowed to fail. I'm not going to produce examples to defend a model (capitalism without failure) that I don't adhere to.

The government trying to act on behalf of the citizens by regulating business just ends up screwing us other ways.
    NSCA-CPT.

gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gadsden View Post
    I was unaware that the president "leads" the economy and is responsible for what our American Dream is

can anyone see the irony?
    what?

gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotDOMS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by badbart View Post
    Roosevelt tried all kinds of programs and the depression didn't end until WWII. 8 years of huge government programs that did nothing. Any of his programs still operating today like Social Security area a huge failure.
    i bet mcsame wants to do that like fdr

razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Regulation + Capitalism = Corporatism

When the government jumps in, sets regulations that only a set of elite companies can afford to keep, it eliminates competition.

We don't need a system to help the poor. People need to do more charity work, but it should never be compulsory.

America has never functioned on the idea that everybody should be close in wealth, it's a stupidly idealistic fantasy born straight from Marx.
    I understand your point, although I disagree in the sense that I think we need to find a healthy medium. I do agree that America has never functioned on the ideology that everyone be equal in wealth, but there's a point where the government must step in if we want to continue as a world power. The world economy is different now than it was when this country was founded.

As for our current situation I don't feel that giving corporations MORE tax cuts and moving toward even more deregulation (continuing Bush's policies) will help, but hurt.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it."

SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SaviorSix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The funny thing is...Obama and McCain supporters all actually think they know the "issues"

quite lulz-worthy
    Cynical Optimist, Extreme Moderate

I understand your point, although I disagree in the sense that I think we need to find a healthy medium. I do agree that America has never functioned on the ideology that everyone be equal in wealth, but there's a point where the government must step in if we want to continue as a world power. The world economy is different now than it was when this country was founded.
    I can respect the pragmatism behind your stance, I just disagree with it.

A lot of our problems come from trying to be a world power. I suggest we step down and focus on our own problems instead of solving everyone else's.

As for our current situation I don't feel that giving corporations MORE tax cuts and moving toward even more deregulation (continuing Bush's policies) will help, but hurt.
    Right now tax cuts should be going to everyone given the economy. Raising any taxes (as Obama will do) will kill the economy.

Anywhere tax cuts could happen, should happen.
    NSCA-CPT.

darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50) darb1287 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you kidding me?

What do you think separates us from a third world country? Regulation. We need a system to help the poor, we need programs to make sure the gap between the super poor and the super rich doesn't get wider and wider until there is no middle class.

AdonisSMU said it well.
    Why does everyone insist that those with money must help the poor...im graduating in may and i do not want to support the millions of people that do not work or pay taxes by giving them the money i worked for and went to college to attain...more handouts...

and this is coming from someone who had a hard time deciding who to vote for...but in the end...my money is my money and I have no obligation to help any low life that doesn't do ****...and its not a race issue...blacks, whites, hispanics all are in the group that would get hand outs
    ~NY Yankees
    ~NY Giants

Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000) Gadsden is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gotDOMS View Post
    what?
    The president has no authority, business or intelligence in "leading/running" the economy. The American Dream is not a set thing, it doing it yourself, not having it done for you.

hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I already did
    fin

Registered User mophatthedamaja's Avatar
    mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000)
    o'rly?

Are you kidding me?

AdonisSMU said it well.
    SO we should help EVERYONE right? Great thought no doubt, but not feaseable

Originally Posted by badbart View Post
    The great mess we call social security.
    what's that, i'll never see a dime of that $ lol.

you honestly think in our grab bag of cultures and ideologies we can find a happy medium? I hope your right, i'm not cynical but i don't see it happening...
    reps for life
    TOMaHULK

I can respect the pragmatism behind your stance, I just disagree with it.

A lot of our problems come from trying to be a world power. I suggest we step down and focus on our own problems instead of solving everyone else's.

Right now tax cuts should be going to everyone given the economy. Raising any taxes (as Obama will do) will kill the economy.

Anywhere tax cuts could happen, should happen.
    Well said, I never even considered America not being a world power, nor have thought it'd be a Republican who voice that thought.

Originally Posted by Gadsden View Post
    The president has no authority, business or intelligence in "leading/running" the economy. The American Dream is not a set thing, it doing it yourself, not having it done for you.
    bush2 isnt the american dream and people know that

Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hwpnow View Post
    I already did
    x2

6'2", 191 lbs
    Israeli-American
    2:58:01 marathon
    39:15 10k

Originally Posted by gotDOMS View Post
    bush2 isnt the american dream and people know that
    so that means Obama IS?

imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He's the right guy at the right time to help lead us out of this recession and restore the American Dream.
    nope
    OG Misc Crew - 2006 Checking in

FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) FKO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Organichu View Post
    x2
    x3

hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hwpnow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    fin

Registered User mophatthedamaja's Avatar
    mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000) mophatthedamaja is just really nice. (+1000)
    LMAO

reps for life
    TOMaHULK

AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdonisSMU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

No I spelled it the way it's supposed to be.