Page 48 of 325 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 9750
    Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What's the story with watson and white? I am unaware and don't want to pay for a book haha

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dickyw View Post
    What's the story with watson and white? I am unaware and don't want to pay for a book haha
    Luke Watson's dad=Cheeky Watson, a one-time would be Springbok who basically told the entire rugby fraternity to f-off by playing for an all black team. He feels that Luke is paying for this now because the rugby fraternity in SA is huge and still harbouring a grudge. Jake White never rated Luke and never picked him(except for that one time I think) at either senior or u-21 level. The Watson family, namely Cheeky, apparently threatened White with legal action in order to get Luke onto the team. Luke is an incredibly forceful personality and can be quite a polarising figure. It's all quite a media circus with both sides with a lot of stupidity flying about.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

JoFus93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Brothers

I am new blood to rugby but my veins flow deep with athleticism and sport.

Fitness wise, I got worked on my first season of practices.
    Offseson, I used a tool that is one of the best investments I've made in a long while.

I bought this timer that I use religiously for my workouts called, "GYMBOSS", It's results and carryover into the stop and go nature of the sport speak for itself. I would definitely look into utilizing this tool to add that extra umph into your workout.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dom_88 View Post
    Luke Watson's dad=Cheeky Watson, a one-time would be Springbok who basically told the entire rugby fraternity to f-off by playing for an all black team. He feels that Luke is paying for this now because the rugby fraternity in SA is huge and still harbouring a grudge. Jake White never rated Luke and never picked him(except for that one time I think) at either senior or u-21 level. The Watson family, namely Cheeky, apparently threatened White with legal action in order to get Luke onto the team. Luke is an incredibly forceful personality and can be quite a polarising figure. It's all quite a media circus with both sides with a lot of stupidity flying about.
    Yep, and the Watson family allegedly (according to Jake White) basically wrote a list of demands, including Luke Watson being the in the team, and gave White an ultimatum. For some or other reason they backed off soon after. Also, Watson was never meant to be named in the squad before the World Cup (40 man squad that played Samoa), but just before the team was announced someone (at the behest of the Watsons / political pressure) wrote his name down on the squad list, White wasn't at the conference and so could do nothing to stop it.
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All the cloak and dagger bull**** aside...Luke Watson is still a very good player, he does very well in the Super 14 but i don't think he's a test caliber player and apparently White agreed

He just can't compare when you have players like Spies, Kankowski and Van Niekerk at your disposal
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)

WOW strong arm. Must be Spies!
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Snowman723 View Post
    All the cloak and dagger bull**** aside...Luke Watson is still a very good player, he does very well in the Super 14 but i don't think he's a test caliber player and apparently White agreed

He just can't compare when you have players like Spies, Kankowski and Van Niekerk at your disposal
    Exactly.

Ryan is too good to not be in contention for the boks. I watch the sharks games every weekend and he is a major driving force and usually the fine line between winning and losing. (except for the last few weeks as he has been sidelined with injury but is back this weekend for the cheetahs game)

Currently eating

Oustide Linebacker 44 Dakidwondah's Avatar
    Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a problem with my tackling now a days I dont have the same mentality and aggresivness that I've had before. Before I would hit and drive back, now I dive with my head downand hope I hit him. How do I stop this?
    Position: Outside Linebacker
    'Pain is weakness leaving the body'

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Off to Brussels for a little tour today... Pics and stories will follow haha we're playing some boarding school and then the full on Belgium under-17s. Should be good fun!

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good luck dude!

Currently eating

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Off to Brussels for a little tour today... Pics and stories will follow haha we're playing some boarding school and then the full on Belgium under-17s. Should be good fun!
    lol nice

my highschool toured Cayman Islands my junior year and we raped their national senior mens team lol

be gentle with the minnows!!!!
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    off to uni as of today. start training at Robert Gordon Uni
    Position: Hooker
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 120kg
    Club: Buckie RFC
    Supporter of: London Wasps, New Zealand, Scotland

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Afternoon all,

Havent been around for a while as i have been on holiday in Croatia for 3 weeks, amazing time but it was not a good idea just before the season started!!

Have had alot of reading to do to catch up with the thread..... over 10 pages CRAZY!!

How is everyones preseason training or games going? We had our first league game yesterday against the team which is tipped to win the league. We lost 30-21. not happy we lost but we are happy that it was only 9 points because the club we played has a season wage bill of ?90,000 and we have to pay to play at our club. so all in all we done very well. First time everyone has played together and we had 8 players under the age of 22 in a mens league boasts well for the future.

What sort of training are people doing during the season, or what did you do before your season ended?

I completed starting strength just before i went away so looking for a new routing now.

Will
    OFFICIAL RUGBY THREAD http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291
    MY TEAM: www.walcotrugby.co.uk

"Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!!"

Unfortunately no pics yet but I'll get some action shots up when I can... We ended up playing 30 minutes against a school from Brussels and then 40 against another one from Zurich. Against Brussels we had a slow start (late night English loutishness played a part in this) and we gave them a 14-0 head start and ended up losing 19-14. We should have won that, and then proceeded to spank the Zurich boys (being fair, they don't get good competition playing in Switzerland).

Those two games and the amount of drinking lead to a few injuries so we only had 14 players for the Belgium game, although the Brussels school leant us a couple who turned out to be plenty good, and we played probably our best game ever to draw it 13-13, could have gone either way really they had 3 tries held up in the first half but we were all over them in the second... all in all a great game and a great time, can't wait for my league to start this sunday. I have to say that the ELV's made almost no difference to me as a 10, and didn't seem to give anyone problems (except for when we collapsed a maul only to be told we weren't allowed to until we're 19+).

Location: Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well we had our first league game last saturday, we were better than the other team, won nealry all the lineouts scrums rucks and mauls but lost by 5 trys!!!!
    Why you ask? Well our backs decided after a phase or two they would kick into space, which really meant kick to the oppositions backs who ran over for a try every time!!!! So annoyed with them!

On the plus side it was good to play the whole game, fitness was good but my legs gave out a bit near the end with the continues scrumming. I do love collapsing a maul, its dangerous but really quite fun!

Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joelio36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey guys,
    I've started playing rugby recently, and I love it!
    But in my first match I missed so many tackles!
    I commit fully but my agility is similar to that of a baby giraffe.
    Any advice on making the connection?

May sound retarded, but I'm new

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Joelio36 View Post
    Hey guys,

watch his hips and feet and get your feet as close as possible to theirs...

Where the hips go, the man follows. Just don't watch the ball too much; that's how people fall for dummies.
    Friendship b/w women:

Friendship b/w men:

Originally Posted by Joelio36 View Post
    Hey guys,

Ask your coach for a tackling session, or to put you in situations where you'll be tackling a lot in training. One of the reasons my tackling has improved is because for a few weeks we'd spend a while in each session practicing number 8 pick ups, with me being the target for him to run at. By the end I brought him down every time.

Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dedaw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'd like to thank you so much for this thread. Really helpful and a great inspiration for me as it's my first year of Football and I hope to continue to play. Thanks again man!

-DeDaW

titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

love rugby

got a broken right leg out for ages i mean ages pain in the ass well anyway got tackled and fell funny lol

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh ****, lovely. Sorry to hear that. One word of advice .... dont rush to get back take your time and come back when you are ready.
    OFFICIAL RUGBY THREAD http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291
    MY TEAM: www.walcotrugby.co.uk

"Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!!"

S&C Coach/ Rugby Coach GregNuthurst's Avatar
    GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi guys,

Hope everyone's season started or ended well. Neither N10CT or myself have been around much, due to being crazy busy. Have a few things on the go, one project that will definitely interested most in this thread. Hopefully have details this week.

GregN
    http://www.rugbycoaching.org

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GregNuthurst View Post
    Hi guys,

Hope everyone's season started or ended well. Neither N10CT or myself have been around much, due to being crazy busy. Have a few things on the go, one project that will definitely interested most in this thread. Hopefully have details this week.

GregN
    im intrigued
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    im intrigued
    so am i

Currently eating

S&C Coach/ Rugby Coach GregNuthurst's Avatar
    GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    so am i
    So am I actually

Hoping to have something up and running this week or next. But have something much bigger much soon. If you are a player or coach keep an eye out.

One thing we are working on is very simple, but the benefit to players and coaches could be massive (esp coaches at club and school levels).
    http://www.rugbycoaching.org

Tstering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I only joined up to here a few weeks ago and it is really great to see a thread about rugby. Rugby is pretty much my obsession having played it since I was 5 years old. I play for a team in England playing in the Kent 1 league (basically the top league in the county). We've had an almost perfect start to the season with an opening win against a newly promoted side 25-10 and then this weekend a massive win 62-0 against some old rivals. Sadly it doesn't put us top as we started the season with -2 points due to a technicallity from the previous season.

I also play for and run an invitational 7s team (Olafs Axes, www.olafsaxes.co.uk) whose season is now over. Was the first real season we've done the 7s circuit and we came back with 4 cup wins, 2 cup finals, 1 plate win and 1 plate final, so a pretty succesful season for the first time.

I'll be checking in here regularly now to read all the rugby stories from you guys.

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by titty View Post
    got a broken right leg out for ages i mean ages pain in the ass well anyway got tackled and fell funny lol
    Originally Posted by Will87 View Post
    oh ****, lovely. Sorry to hear that. One word of advice .... dont rush to get back take your time and come back when you are ready.
    x2, just goto town on those beach weights, one of the props i played with had a freak leg brake last year and it looks like hes been doing that and he looks alot better and is looking like he is going to come back alot fitter than when he got injured.

as for my current season i'm currently roting away in the 2nds which is so annoying but it is good to be actually competing for a 1st team place for once think ive joined the only club in scotland with alot of front row players and i am looking to move to hooker as the tightheads at the level i'm playing at are gash which means i'm not learning or developing in anyway as a player and i feel i could play at a higher level as a hooker and not as a prop so learning a new postion is fun.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Originally Posted by Tstering View Post
    I only joined up to here a few weeks ago and it is really great to see a thread about rugby. Rugby is pretty much my obsession having played it since I was 5 years old. I play for a team in England playing in the Kent 1 league (basically the top league in the county). We've had an almost perfect start to the season with an opening win against a newly promoted side 25-10 and then this weekend a massive win 62-0 against some old rivals. Sadly it doesn't put us top as we started the season with -2 points due to a technicallity from the previous season.

I also play for and run an invitational 7s team (Olafs Axes, www.olafsaxes.co.uk) whose season is now over. Was the first real season we've done the 7s circuit and we came back with 4 cup wins, 2 cup finals, 1 plate win and 1 plate final, so a pretty succesful season for the first time.

I'll be checking in here regularly now to read all the rugby stories from you guys.

I'm from Kent man which club do you play at?

We won our first ever league match (only played friendlies and tournaments up to now), but the thing I liked most was that we had a big issue with the team last year (very fighty, thuggish players) and this year they have clearly sorted it out and it was a very good spirited game. Tough, but no sin binnings or anything like that.

Although slightly bad news is that definitely one and maybe up to three teams in our league may not have sides for this year (many of their players have joined academies). At least it might be easier for us to win it

Tstering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I play for Old Olavians.

Which team in Kent do you play for?