Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Location: Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat = Sprinting time? really so..

Basically the West side lot say your Squat means you can realisitcally pradict your sprint time for 40m.

So if you sprint twice a week, improve on sprinting, do that for 6 months instead of squat will you be able to back calculate your 1 rep squat from your sprinting time?

Basically if your sprint goes up will this make your squat go up even if you don't squat?

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rugby_Dog View Post
    Basically the West side lot say your Squat means you can realisitcally pradict your sprint time for 40m.

So if you sprint twice a week, improve on sprinting, do that for 6 months instead of squat will you be able to back calculate your 1 rep squat from your sprinting time?

Basically if your sprint goes up will this make your squat go up even if you don't squat?
    no. strength can corrolate with speed as more force is being applied i think?

Currently eating

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    basically sprinting speed is stride length x stride frequency...

so basically they think that your squat relates to stride length - but what you have to add in there that there were some world record 100m champs who very rarely squatted... but some that do a lot...

proving there are always different means to getting a result...

highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    squatting can make you faster because you can generate more force in each stride (providing you also get on training for speed), but sprinting won't make you stronger...

JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    World class sprinters can squat ridiculous weights.

Just sayin.
    JOURNAL: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110936481

PSU

neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    deadlift > squat for sprinting

if you want to get faster you have to sprint

Lifting alone wont do anything

If you only sprint you wont be strong

And not all world class sprinters squat a lot..

SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So if Sam Byrd can squat 1000lbs. that means his 40 must be redicously fast. Now i do believe squatting and hamstring work in general can greatly improve your 40 i dont think it has any correlation of X amount of lbs you squat = X amout of time you run

heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heardy10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SecondSucks View Post
    So if Sam Byrd can squat 1000lbs. that means his 40 must be redicously fast. Now i do believe squatting and hamstring work in general can greatly improve your 40 i dont think it has any correlation of X amount of lbs you squat = X amout of time you run
    His forty might not be incredible but I would bet his 10m is.
    Current/ Goals (August 14, '09)
    Max bench 255/ Max Bench 285
    Box Squat 225x3/ Box Squat 300x3
    40 time 4.89/ 40 time 4.65
    Section Semi's/ State Quarters

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive read and heard have no idea where. that squating double you're own wight is the best thing you can do for speed.

but doing sprints plyo's etc will be alot easyier.

i also wouldn't say you could predict sprint times from squats based on that i would be one of the fastest players in my rugby team. i'm not i'm one of the slowest but i'm also one of the fatest. but there is logic in it. more leg strength more power more speed i guess
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is no strong correlation between squats and 40m time. But it has been shown that there is a correlation between 10m time and relative squat strength (3RM/BW). Improving your 10m should improve your 40m.

Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    basically sprinting speed is stride length x stride frequency...

so basically they think that your squat relates to stride length - but what you have to add in there that there were some world record 100m champs who very rarely squatted... but some that do a lot...

proving there are always different means to getting a result...
    Those types you who don't squat are

1. naturally gifted

2. Have weaker starts than their counterparts but can usually make up ground with their top speed.

A good example of this is Tyson Gay. He was one of the best 200m runners because his top end speed and his ability to run the curve as best as anyone has seen. He since tested the waters on the 100m race and he would usually come back later in the race to win. But ever since he started to train with squat more seriously he stepped his game up to another level. The result? last week he broke the American record, unofficially a 9.67, the fastest time ever recorded regardless of wind factor.

Squat. (especially since nobody on here is not as gifted as him)

The other guys who don't usually weight train... they're usually the same guys that come in 6th, 7th, 8th place.
    美國海軍陸戰隊 E5, USMC 06'-14'
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦
    *Misc Photography Crew*

“In order for man to succeed in life, God provided him with two means, education and physical activity. Not separately, one for the soul and the other for the body, but for the two together. With these two means, man can attain perfection.” - Plato

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JerG View Post
    World class sprinters can squat ridiculous weights.

Just sayin.
    carl lewis???

Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Reps n Sets View Post
    A good example of this is Tyson Gay. He was one of the best 200m runners because his top end speed and his ability to run the curve as best as anyone has seen. He since tested the waters on the 100m race and he would usually come back later in the race to win. But ever since he started to train with squat more seriously he stepped his game up to another level. The result? last week he broke the American record, unofficially a 9.67, the fastest time ever recorded regardless of wind factor.

Squat. (especially since nobody on here is not as gifted as him)

The other guys who don't usually weight train... they're usually the same guys that come in 6th, 7th, 8th place.
    Tyson Gay doesnt squat over 225 lbs. It says so on his website that he doesnt because of a past injury. He's been working on his start but I can tell you that he hasn't been squatting heavy.

Olympic sprinters do not squat rediculous amounts. I think Ato Boldon said his max squat is 350 for a full squat and I'd assume most sprinters would be around a similar amount.

roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your telling me that asafa powell cant do 4 plates a side? get out of here
    Negs current month join date's on sight crew

neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neonbengal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Captin_Awesum View Post
    Tyson Gay doesnt squat over 225 lbs. It says so on his website that he doesnt because of a past injury. He's been working on his start but I can tell you that he hasn't been squatting heavy.

Olympic sprinters do not squat rediculous amounts. I think Ato Boldon said his max squat is 350 for a full squat and I'd assume most sprinters would be around a similar amount.
    Thats right i'm no elite sprinter but i have trained with some in a D1 program and know people who do. We don't do full squat and its rare to find a track guy that does it heavy (like 400+). Now if you wanna talk half or quarter squat..

Mainly that elite level speed is all genetics, they have been faster than u can believe since like age 13 before even touching weights. And i know a lot of track people that don't do weights its other forms of resistance training.
    Last edited by neonbengal; 07-08-2008 at 12:36 AM.

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Vertical Jump correlates better to a 40 time. It's all about the relative strength, with everything else equal, a 800lb squatter at 200lbs, will be faster than a 800lbs squatter at 210lbs.

As for sprinters, you have your springy people (Carl Lewis or even Randy Moss) that are gifted on their elastic ability (plyometric), think skinny-tall. And then you have your static-strength dominant people like Ben Johnson, Maurice Greene, Justin Gatlin etc. who aren't as naturally 'bouncy', but are significantly more muscular.
    The new wave of superstars of the last 10-12 years (in my view) represent springy people who went in the weight room and got strong as hell to complement their plyometric ability (Asafa Powell, etc).

To give you an idea, the weight training programs of a sprinter and a thrower are VERY similar, the difference is when they're done lifting, the sprinter goes sprint and the thrower goes throw.
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.

this whole subject has been discussed at cf before... if i wasn't on vacation i would search there.... but you would be surprised...

bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It all depends on ur body type, generally the stronger u are the faster u go, however there are exceptions to this. Another point here is that running faster becomes much easier if ur strong. The efficiency of the running increases. If your naturally fast, getting stronger will simply make u faster. Basically all sprinting is, apply most impact to the ground in least possible ground contact time. There was a high school sprinter, with non jamaican genes/black if u want to blame genetics, and he only did track training (sprints/drills) for 3 months a year. The rest of the time was spent lifting. He full squats 460 and his bench press is 300+, he beat a couple really seasoned world youth level sprinters, 1 of the sprinters he beat is now in world juniors (tyrone halstead). His name is nathan riva.

Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captin_Awesum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bench_press_man View Post
    It all depends on ur body type, generally the stronger u are the faster u go, however there are exceptions to this. Another point here is that running faster becomes much easier if ur strong. The efficiency of the running increases. If your naturally fast, getting stronger will simply make u faster. Basically all sprinting is, apply most impact to the ground in least possible ground contact time. There was a high school sprinter, with non jamaican genes/black if u want to blame genetics, and he only did track training (sprints/drills) for 3 months a year. The rest of the time was spent lifting. He full squats 460 and his bench press is 300+, he beat a couple really seasoned world youth level sprinters, 1 of the sprinters he beat is now in world juniors (tyrone halstead). His name is nathan riva.
    I've heard rumors and stories about that guy so I wont turn this topic into something controversial. But I've nonetheless always wondered how he trained and had success regardless of the truth about those stories.

bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50) bench_press_man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Captin_Awesum View Post
    I've heard rumors and stories about that guy so I wont turn this topic into something controversial. But I've nonetheless always wondered how he trained and had success regardless of the truth about those stories.
    i have to agree with u on this, he is never open on his track training, AT ALL.

hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hurdle68612 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    40m time is firstly all about explosion and fast twitch muscle fibers. While there's no doubt that having stronger legs with help to improve your time, it's not nearly as much a factor as proper running mechanics and explosive strength. I would have to agree that there is a stronger correlation between vertical jump and 40 time than there is with a persons 1RM squat and 40 time. Explosion can potentially be increased through working out but fast twitch muscle fiber comes down to genetics. I would guess that most world class shot putters would have trouble beating a sprinter on a JV track and field team despite being able to out-squat them by hundreds of pounds.
    It's pronounced Canada, and no I haven't

well in 1968 olympic lifters beat lots of the sprinters in the 25m. And they all got big ass pounds on the bar when squatting full ATG. It all depends and we cant speak for one person and compare to the entire general public. When Kim Collins doesnt lift weights but has a fukin rapid first 40-50m, the reason is simply his body can accelerate quickly NATURALLY, but I look at many others and without strength, they wouldnt hit top speed in the entire 100m dash! Genetics vary, but no matter what, strength helps. The best results are coming when the naturally "bouncy" super gifted guys are coming and hitting the weights hard, and thats where we're getting such huge performances in sprints, especially this year and last so far. The trend will continue. Some people are better off being more heavily muscles and some are not, it also depends on body type.

Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100) Compton24_OLD is not very well liked. (-100)
    It's all about strength to BW ratio, not having too much bodyfat, form, genetics(more faster twich, white muscle fibers) and endurance. Squat will help you to a certain point but if you're not adding in the rest of the equation with your actual sprinting, form, and ultimately genetics, you're going to come to an abrupt halt.
    I got mod negged-contribute to getting me back in the green by repping me!

currently cutting. "I'm dead serious this time."

Personal records-405x2 squat(may 3, 09)
    500 deadlift
    225x26 on barbell bench
    bodweight of 217+165 lbs on dips for 2 reps(may 5, 09)
    close grip 325
    155x2 barbell curl

REBEL_0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

if you think of sprinting as a series of horizontal jumps you will quickly realize why your vertical is a better indicator of your sprinting speed. sprinting is all about applying force very quickly to the ground. ground contact during a sprint is verrry short and therefore you must be able to apply a max amount of force in the brief time your foot is on the ground. again you can see why a high strength to bodyweight ratio is favorable. but dont get confused....a higher squat doesnt always mean more force applied to the ground. for example someone with ok plyometric ability who squats 300 pounds may only be able to apply 170 pounds of force to the ground. a guy like tyson gay who may squat 250 with elite level plyometric ability may be able to put 240 pounds of force into the ground. the higher force, along with other factors, will make a better sprinter. so for those of us without elite genetics, a workout program to build raw strength, and a solid plyometric program to help transfer that strength into the ground works very well.

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think the speed at which you move x amount of weight is a good factor in sprinting. So if you can squat 225x1 in 2 seconds and I can squat 225x1 in 1 second I would think my time would be faster. This is all speculation and not tested at least by me but it would make sense that the speed of the rep would mean more than the max amount of weight.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!
    =============================================

roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roid_monkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1-have you guys seen tyson gays posterior? he squats more than me end of story

2- Barry Sanders 585 for 5 reps.

3-ladainian tomlinson 630 max

Three things you need to know about Tyson Gay:

1) His "225 squat" isn't a one rep max
    2) It's a full ass to grass
    3) He wouldnt reveal all his lifts to the public anyways, in a article earlier it said he wouldnt take any vitamins or any supplements, now couple months later it says he uses variety of supplements (the basics + couple other things). Dont trust everything he says, plus that was last year before the season started.

Also dont forget Ben Johnson had a 660 squat x6 reps and 2 sets. This was also his "maintenance" strength training and it was done to slightly below parallel.
    However sprint speed is largely determined by hip height, thus a vertical = better sprint speed. Two different things, but if you want to be running at full potential, then you need a big ass squat + slap the backboard on the net.
    Last edited by bench_press_man; 07-10-2008 at 07:16 AM.

ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    All world class oly lifters have a faster 10m time than 100m world class athletes

Originally Posted by ElWilson View Post
    All world class oly lifters have a faster 10m time than 100m world class athletes
    thats an arragant statement. Some of the middle weight guys can keep up with sprinters out to about 30, but the heavys have no chance. also this is just an estimation that you probably read in mens health in a "why you should olympic lift" article. There has never been a race between a world class sprinter and a weightlifeter, ever.

LIGHT SKINNED MANDINGO G-mane12's Avatar
    G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108808121

^^^^ i would say most olympic level sprinters squat... alot
    Stickam: ronniecoleman22

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard." -Mike Tyson