Page 31 of 325 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast
    Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    binding, feet, stance, funny business, i don't know much but do u have anything specific you would like 2 know.

best thing to do is find an old front row and play agaisnt him worked wonders for my proping

but things i like my hooker to do are:

1. actually put a hit on/in
    2.to bind as high as he can
    3. be consitant with his stance i prefer side/side rather than one foot behind the other.
    4.keep ur shoulders square and stick ur chest out.

anymore and id have to reveal some of my dirty tricks of the trade
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ElWilson View Post
    Anyone got tips on hooker techniques in scrum?
    u need to set the level of the scrum, get low at first and force ur props to stay low with you, don't go to their level, as for hooking the ball, just have ur half-back put the ball between the props leg as long as you attempt to hit the ball, they arent going to call not in straight (unless u get a real dick ref)

lmk if you need any other tips
    Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, WVU, Red Sox, Orlando Magic
    ~ Misc Rugby Crew ~
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126249503

gurbir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey im a flyhalf and i was just looking to improve my kicking technique, both my drop kicking technique, and my place kicking, are there any links you guys could recommend to help me out with thise and also any sort of speed/agility drills geared towards flyhalves, and i have cones and an agility ladder.

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Snowman723 View Post
    That seems kinda stupid

The best players should play regardless of age
    Truth is spoken here

Originally Posted by Frodo14 View Post
    There is an age limit for playing in the tight 5. If you are under 18, you are not allowed to play prop, hooker, or lock. However, you can play backrow, or in the backs.
    That is ****. They either play or don't play... I can't agree with people make made this rule up

Originally Posted by STEAMTRAIN View Post
    theres a rugby thread,
    i love you guys
    ( yes homo )

leamy is king
    Spencer is king
    Originally Posted by ElWilson View Post
    How many reps for cleans?
    5x3 is what is promoted I think but I would prefer 5x1, 3x1 or 8x1

Originally Posted by GhostLifter View Post
    Have you considered Rippetoe's?
    Idea !

Originally Posted by MiniManx View Post
    Centre lookin for a good training routine 2days per week.

Yea i cant get to a gym everyday no more so need a 2 day trainin routine. Currently 10stone 6lbs but i want to get up to around 11/12stone without gaining much fat so i can still out run people.

I go to the gym 2days a week but i have a Curl bar, dumbells and 40kg free weights in my house. Need some ideas on what to do.

Thanks in advance
    (Reps) Not the most but hey, every little helps
    Rippetoes
    A / B
    A / B as post abovve said

Currently eating

\G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As far as I am aware no such age restriction exists when it comes to playing in the tight 5 in Australia. We have has younger guys playing at hooker and lock with no problems.

I tend to stay fairly up to date with these kind of things and I haven't ever heard of it here.

Reps to Ruga Buga for a):making this thread and B) extensive response above.
    [$$$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$$$]
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC. RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )

"Life always works out for me because I do whatever the hell I want without worrying about the consequences" - Tucker Max.

"I have learned life's most valuable lessons for free underneath a barbell"

N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GhostLifter View Post
    As far as I am aware no such age restriction exists when it comes to playing in the tight 5 in Australia. We have has younger guys playing at hooker and lock with no problems.

I tend to stay fairly up to date with these kind of things and I haven't ever heard of it here.

Reps to Ruga Buga for a):making this thread and B) extensive response above.
    Um... the two year rule applies to all players in Australia, not just tight-five players.

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by N10CT View Post
    Um... the two year rule applies to all players in Australia, not just tight-five players.
    that makes more sense

Currently eating

Originally Posted by gurbir View Post
    hey im a flyhalf and i was just looking to improve my kicking technique, both my drop kicking technique, and my place kicking, are there any links you guys could recommend to help me out with thise and also any sort of speed/agility drills geared towards flyhalves, and i have cones and an agility ladder.
    I saw a video of some coach with danny cipriani (wasps fly) try looking for it on youtube. Great video... Cant comment cause im a forward, it just wouldn't be right if i tried to help a 10 with his kicking

Currently eating

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    whats the 2 year rule?
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    whats the 2 year rule?
    It gets complicated but basically

"If players are within two years of age of the Upper Age limit of the competition, then no exemption is
    required."

You can get an exemption etc. Not long ago a year 10 could play schoolboy 1sts no problem, now there is a bunch of paperwork.

They've also change rules in colts etc. For example in QLD, before this year if you were a colts player and played premier grade you couldn't go back to colts. Now you can go back to Premier Colts.

Reds flanker Poutasi Latuafutu (sp) played premiers one day when he was ineligible, not sure if he was under 18 or what.

\G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yep I have heard of that one before, just nothing that specifically targets tight-five players under 18.
    [$$$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$$$]
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC. RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )

"Life always works out for me because I do whatever the hell I want without worrying about the consequences" - Tucker Max.

"I have learned life's most valuable lessons for free underneath a barbell"

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gurbir View Post
    Really try talking to your coach about kicking, its kinda one of the things you have to feel out for yourself, not many kickers kick the same way. In general though pretty much all kicks you need to keep your head down, point your foot, follow through as much as possible and KICK TO A TARGET.

Location: Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey after playing lock for some time now i have started to train as a back row, problem is in the fitness tests all the back row are quicker and fitter than me (although i have more strenght) the thing is are i never seem to be in the thick of it while playing (only touch at the mo)
    What i'm asking is any Flankers 6, 8 to give advise on where to stand? Do i always go close to the Rucks, Mauls or just stay in line?
    I do watch loads of Rugby but never noticed flankers and where they are before.

Just looking for some advise from more expericed players.

Thanks

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rugby_Dog View Post
    Hey after playing lock for some time now i have started to train as a back row, problem is in the fitness tests all the back row are quicker and fitter than me (although i have more strenght) the thing is are i never seem to be in the thick of it while playing (only touch at the mo)
    What i'm asking is any Flankers 6, 8 to give advise on where to stand? Do i always go close to the Rucks, Mauls or just stay in line?

Thanks
    thats a sign of a good flanker... you should never notice them because they are here there and everywhere. The only time you shoudl notice them is when they are doing good work!! Stealing balls etc... flankers are the unsong hero's of rugby!! They do everything!!
    OFFICIAL RUGBY THREAD http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291
    MY TEAM: www.walcotrugby.co.uk

"Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!!"

Originally Posted by Will87 View Post
    thats a sign of a good flanker... you should never notice them because they are here there and everywhere. The only time you shoudl notice them is when they are doing good work!! Stealing balls etc... flankers are the unsong hero's of rugby!! They do everything!!
    Agreed. Flankers are everywhere basically. They are getting more and more recognition nowadays along with the rest of the forwards barring no. 8 which I feel has had alot of recognition over the years compared to the rest of the forward pack

Currently eating

Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rugby_Dog View Post

Thanks

well, as people say, they are everywhere. But a lt of the time they are first into a ruck, then they step aside let the fat bastards grunt it out and get ready to tackle, inercept, run with the backs, hit next ruck etc. whatever.

guys, is it true that your allowed to collapse mauls now? I havent played in a while but my my mates dad said you were.
    ☆★★☆★?ɐʌo uıʞɐʇ ɐǝs uǝǝʇ☆★★☆★

negger please......

reps on sight for life:

Jules_d1

Originally Posted by Sex_Pistol View Post
    well, as people say, they are everywhere. But a lt of the time they are first into a ruck, then they step aside let the fat bastards grunt it out and get ready to tackle, inercept, run with the backs, hit next ruck etc. whatever.

guys, is it true that your allowed to collapse mauls now? I havent played in a while but my my mates dad said you were.
    yes, you are allowed to collapse the maul now as long as you are not from the side and come through the gate

Currently eating

Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    damn, some poor guys gonna get his neck broken soon. collapsing mauls could be pretty dangerous stuff.

negger please......

reps on sight for life:

Jules_d1

Originally Posted by Sex_Pistol View Post
    damn, some poor guys gonna get his neck broken soon. collapsing mauls could be pretty dangerous stuff.
    I have to agree, I don't like this new rule change

Currently eating

toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think its more of a bringing down. i think ill have a field day when it becomes leagal to collapse them. ill no longer have to use my trick of falling over in the maul someting i learned from watchin the italians.

is it true that the ELV's are getting played worldwide next season or just in prem 3 in scotland. i read in on one of the clubs websites and as i am yet to go back to training i havnt herd from my club(which i dnt have).
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    i think its more of a bringing down. i think ill have a field day when it becomes leagal to collapse them. ill no longer have to use my trick of falling over in the maul someting i learned from watchin the italians.

is it true that the ELV's are getting played worldwide next season or just in prem 3 in scotland. i read in on one of the clubs websites and as i am yet to go back to training i havnt herd from my club(which i dnt have).
    Worldwide from August 1, 2008.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Worldwide from August 1, 2008.
    This mean we should be doing more cardio in the coming off-season, rather than letting the cardio go and focusing on bulking up as much as possible?
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    This mean we should be doing more cardio in the coming off-season, rather than letting the cardio go and focusing on bulking up as much as possible?
    Well that would depend on individual circumstances and level of play. There weren't too many players at s14 who didn't come back as big or bigger this year (only a few lost some size while alot of teams bulked up). The game can be faster under the ELVs but it can also be alot slower if you want to play it that way.

i better get back in training fast then so i can get used to the new rules although i dnt think i should be effected by them that much being in the front row will need to be fitter tho and get used to alot more ball watching as ive noticed(well i think) the ball gets kicked more with the elv's.

i dnt really know all the rules anyway i allways just play the ref and thier rules as i have found most have different rules anyway.

How much weight and strength do you guys lose during season?

Im actually hoping to start bulking again just before next season.

negger please......

reps on sight for life:

Jules_d1

LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I stopped playing half way through this season. Was interfering with my lifting. Might start again next year. Dunno if I've still got the speed to play on the wing. Might start doing sprints again.
    793 deadlift @ 231 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8k57L5fvPk

Originally Posted by LessThanLuke View Post
    I stopped playing half way through this season. Was interfering with my lifting. Might start again next year. Dunno if I've still got the speed to play on the wing. Might start doing sprints again.
    DAMN strong wing

Currently eating

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toad1 View Post

welll no offence but it is dick heads like you that cause alot of problem!! No offence i hope that you are one of the t*ats that breaks his neck!! Collapsing the maul is the worst thing ever! Usually **** players that are so lazy to do anything else has to do it.

Last person that collapsed a maul against my team ended up in hospital with head injuries!! got the **** stammped out of him!! It is so wrong collapsing them!!
    OFFICIAL RUGBY THREAD http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291
    MY TEAM: www.walcotrugby.co.uk

"Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!!"

Originally Posted by Will87 View Post
    welll no offence but it is dick heads like you that cause alot of problem!! No offence i hope that you are one of the t*ats that breaks his neck!! Collapsing the maul is the worst thing ever! Usually **** players that are so lazy to do anything else has to do it.

Last person that collapsed a maul against my team ended up in hospital with head injuries!! got the **** stammped out of him!! It is so wrong collapsing them!!
    people who collapse mauls should get rucked the F**k out of in my opinion

Currently eating

LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    DAMN strong wing
    . Wing or Outside Centre. Running over people is my game lol
    793 deadlift @ 231 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8k57L5fvPk