tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Too small to train?

My goal is to become a personal trainer. I enjoy working out, like to teach, and like the idea of helping others meet their goals.My wife is in the service and there are 3 jobs available at all bases for the military spouse. Casher or stocker (bx,commissary,BK, etc) Home daycare, or Independent trainer at the Gym. I figure that image is an import part of the job, particularly for the independent trainers, but might be a problem for me because I'm small.I blame it on my genes as my mother needed a booster seat her whole life(according to the NHTSA) and my father is completely out of shape at a whopping 150. It makes me laugh when i hear about the "small" trainers at 160lb. If i was to reach that weight my little 2ft arms would have to have 22 inch biceps.
    It's not that I'm out of shape but I'm not a bodybuilder . Think Bruce Lee not Lee Priest. So my question is how do you "smaller" trainers overcome the stereotype that you have to be Mr Olimpia to know what your talking about? Are there certain niches that you market to?

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't understand your question. You're not training height...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    I don't understand your question. You're not training height...
    At 6ft 202lb you have a bmi of 27.4 and i imagine most people would see you as big.You weigh weigh a respectable 200lb.
    Me being 5'2 I could have the same bmi, low body fat % and would still be seen
    as the small guy who can't get over 150lb.

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tinyhulk View Post
    At 6ft 202lb you have a bmi of 27.4 and i imagine most people would see you as big.You weigh weigh a respectable 200lb.
    Me being 5'2 I could have the same bmi, low body fat % and would still be seen
    as the small guy who can't get over 150lb.
    Most people are not coming to you to get big, almost always the opposite, in fact. If you are training military personnel, I think you need to train them mainly in functional strength, which will be most useful. Hypertrophy probably will be less desirable, though some may want it. If you are training civilians, very likely, they will tell you they either want to "tone" or "lose weight", both of which invariably mean to lower their bf%...I'm afraid I don't see your dilemma. Just get in there and do it and see what happens...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    Most people are not coming to you to get big, almost always the opposite, in fact. If you are training military personnel, I think you need to train them mainly in functional strength, which will be most useful. Hypertrophy probably will be less desirable, though some may want it. If you are training civilians, very likely, they will tell you they either want to "tone" or "lose weight", both of which invariably mean to lower their bf%...I'm afraid I don't see your dilemma. Just get in there and do it and see what happens...
    Thanks for the advice.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    learn to speak spanish and train only Mexicans

seriously though...just get into great shape yourself. For instance u dont have to be tall to have great abs and midesction.
    "Humility comes before honor"