dewaegal is on a distinguished road. (+10)

beginner help needed

Good day folks,

I'm 41 years old, 6.3 ft and 224 pound.
    Working as a mechanic so not really much of a workout during day. Since I also take care of my child, I have no time to go to a fitness or go running outside.

I decided to do some 4 kg dumbbell exercises every 2 days, and 30 min intens cycling on a hometrainer.

Not so much of a diet, but I try not to eat anything that has sugar in it, no fried food or anything that looks unhealty to me. Drinking only water is boring so I keep myself with the 1cal ginger ale or diet coke.

my goal is to lose weight but also gain muscle. No need to get ripped, I imagine those 'viking body type' or whatever people call it would do.

sadly diet and exercise is always to pay online, and the free ones are mostly questionable.

I am a very noob in this. could people give me advice how I could lose some weight and/or some schedule for dumbbell training?
    I am willing to buy other tools if needed (not big fitness equipment since space is limited).
    Also I was considering to replace my 4kg dumbbells for something heavier since it is pretty easy to do. how do you decide what weight you need?

thanks in advance

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Check out the stickies in the nutrition section for guidance on fat loss and Fierce 5 for a dumbbell program to consider:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=162916931
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dewaegal View Post
    Good day folks,

I'm 41 years old, 6.3 ft and 224 pound.
    Working as a mechanic so not really much of a workout during day. Since I also take care of my child, I have no time to go to a fitness or go running outside.

I decided to do some 4 kg dumbbell exercises every 2 days, and 30 min intens cycling on a hometrainer.

Not so much of a diet, but I try not to eat anything that has sugar in it, no fried food or anything that looks unhealty to me. Drinking only water is boring so I keep myself with the 1cal ginger ale or diet coke.

my goal is to lose weight but also gain muscle. No need to get ripped, I imagine those 'viking body type' or whatever people call it would do.

sadly diet and exercise is always to pay online, and the free ones are mostly questionable.

I am a very noob in this. could people give me advice how I could lose some weight and/or some schedule for dumbbell training?
    I am willing to buy other tools if needed (not big fitness equipment since space is limited).
    Also I was considering to replace my 4kg dumbbells for something heavier since it is pretty easy to do. how do you decide what weight you need?

thanks in advance

What you can do to dramatically improve yourself is this:

1- education about bodybuilding/fitness through the public library and or book stores
    2- motivation and continuing education through YouTube and this forum. Twitter also has a great fitness community called “100 club 100”
    3- start small but consistent. Do three 20-30 min workouts a week that involve these three things: pushing/pulling/squatting.

For example
    Bench press, rows or pull-ups, squats or lunges

4 - as you educate yourself on beginner to intermediate programs you will expand to new variations of pushing, pulling, squatting.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

dewaegal is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks

Thanks all for the advice. Now l do 3 days a week 4 kg dumbbell lifting for 30 min. And between some cycling as cardio.

It is my first time to do this intens routine at home and hard to stay motivated. But l really want to lose weight and get a bigger muscled body.

Thanks all