LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Little Man Unveils Trap/Leg Dominator

This kills multiple birds with 1-stone. I've spent 3/4 or my 25 years lifting doing heavy farmers walks, while they may make the traps extremely sore, they don't build humps between the shoulders and neck because there's no shrugging and they don't really do much hypertrophy to the quads. This hits the inner quads.

Today was sets of 10, this was my 3rd set of 10. I ate a fig bar between each set. When I'm not doing sets, I'll do 1-set of 15-20, which I did earlier this week and I was still a tad achy from that.

This 105# per hand (210# total), no limits when using the hammer bar, only limit is what you can't lift-

Autec ights Sig evy Sel and Hav Hans and riss of Stee

Ant-Traional Pogrms, Stuet of Insinc raiing

"The ucle Fes Ise"- WW

"Riy [LST NM]..."

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    This kills multiple birds with 1-stone. I've spent 3/4 or my 25 years lifting doing heavy farmers walks, while they may make the traps extremely sore, they don't build humps between the shoulders and neck because there's no shrugging and they don't really do much hypertrophy to the quads. This hits the inner quads.

Today was sets of 10, this was my 3rd set of 10. I ate a fig bar between each set. When I'm not doing sets, I'll do 1-set of 15-20, which I did earlier this week and I was still a tad achy from that.

This 105# per hand (210# total), no limits when using the hammer bar, only limit is what you can't lift-

Why do you bend your elbows when doing the shrug part of it?
    Too big to rig...

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    Why do you bend your elbows when doing the shrug part of it?

Are we not supposed to do this? This is the first I've filmed it.

I take it you are most likely saying "you aren't using perfect form" without saying it, but I could be wrong, If I'm right though, I wanna then see 100# bells being done with straight elbows and lets see the BIGGER traps!

I'm doing it because the weight is too heavy for me, tisk, tisk, but zero care, weight is what matters to squat it up and hit the legs too.
    Last edited by LWW; 06-13-2024 at 07:44 PM.

"The ucle Fes Ise"- WW

"Riy [LST NM]..."

Everyone can explain perfect form with stringbean weights and not actually doing a squat too, this is a compound movement where the squat adds more stress to the traps along with momentum to the movement.

Oh my god, he's bending his elbows.

Here's a demo of someone using stringbean weights saying "you can bend the elbows to get extra rotation" I honestly don't care, what matters is squatting the weight up and shrugging every fricking rep, try it, which no one will.

"The ucle Fes Ise"- WW

"Riy [LST NM]..."

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I see people doing combined compounds like clean and press which have a DL kind of thing a pull a catch and a press and nobody questions that or says it isn't a fine exercise. So a squat-shrug.. if that floats your boat? sure it's a good exercise.

Probably more appeal to sport/athletic types than bodybuilders?

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Probably more appeal to sport/athletic types than bodybuilders?

Doing a squat while holding weights stresses the traps much much harder than standing and doing shrugs, when you are doing down and going back up, you bracing the traps. You can see my traps are super tense during the movement. That’s why everytime I do this with lighter weights even my traps get nailed, the shrug is icing on the cake.

I used to do farmers walks with double that weight in each hand, which wasn’t as great for hypertrophy.

Appeal, lol yeah, that’s why BOOGZ is my kind of bodybuilder, he’s a striated horse who’s passionate about being strong and using these types of things as a staple. He’s now 35, I believe.

"The ucle Fes Ise"- WW

"Riy [LST NM]..."

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks like an improvised deficit trap bar deadlift but with a shrug at the top.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Looks like an improvised deficit trap bar deadlift but with a shrug at the top.
    I agree, it looks more deadlift of some kind than squat to me, but I didn't want to mention that for two reasons. 1) we might reopen some silly squatting the deadlift or deadlifting the squat type debate this is BB.com after all! and 2) I don't really care what it's called if it works

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    I agree, it looks more deadlift of some kind than squat to me, but I didn't want to mention that for two reasons. 1) we might reopen some silly squatting the deadlift or deadlifting the squat type debate this is BB.com after all! and 2) I don't really care what it's called if it works

You can change the form here, if you want to make it more of a deficit deadlift you can take some legs out of the movement, in this example I’m focusing on squatting the weight up, I’m targeting inner quad here and glute gets hit regardless.

It’s on how you want to lift it up.

"The ucle Fes Ise"- WW

"Riy [LST NM]..."

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    deficit trap bar deadlift but with a shrug at the top.

Since you mentioned trapbar, I’ll inform everyone why I’m wearing those elbow sleeves.

You smart form dorks didn’t ask an actual important question. I bet y’all think I’m wearing them for some joint protection, LOL silly Rabbits………

A trapbar has fixed handles. Here my arms are free, if you don’t wear those sleeves you’ll take the skin off your inside elbow from rubbing against your legs when doing these for 10-15+ reps.

"The ucle Fes Ise"- WW

"Riy [LST NM]..."

"Certified" Reel Nutz mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Since you mentioned trapbar, I’ll inform everyone why I’m wearing those elbow sleeves.

You smart form dorks didn’t ask an actual important question. I bet y’all think I’m wearing them for some joint protection, LOL silly Rabbits………

A trapbar has fixed handles. Here my arms are free, if you don’t wear those sleeves you’ll take the skin off your inside elbow from rubbing against your legs when doing these for 10-15+ reps.

Well that explains the elbow thingies, now tell us why you're wearing your wife's panties on your head? Lose a bet or something?

Don’t lose your sh!t....

I think what Fishman was questioning isn't about doing shrugs with a bend in the elbow the entire time, (like displayed in the youtube video of buddy shrugging), That's very common most of us do that to increase rom.

If you look at your video you will see that at the top of your movement you’re bending your elbows in an arm movement, to a point that it looks like you’re lifting the weight with your arm not the traps. I believe that is what he was talking about..

Could be wrong though.

Again, don't blow an artery or have an aneurysm. I am not critiquing your lift, just tossing in a couple of coppers on what I think Fish is questioning.

Now about those panties?
    𝓐𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷 1976 - 1999 - 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 1960'𝓼

ᖇᗴ丅Ꭵᖇᗴᗪ ᗩ丅 40 ᑕᖇᗴᗯ - ᔕᗝᑕᎥᗩᒪ ᗪᎥᔕ丅ᗩᑎᑕᎥᑎǤ ᗴ᙭ᑭᗴᖇ丅 - ᒪᎥᐯᎥᑎǤ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰ

ƚo| ɒ ꙅɿɘʞʞuꟻ bᴎɒ ɿɘʞʞuꟻ ꙅᴎuoᴎoɿq ɿɘbᴎɘǫ ɘʜƚ ɘꙅu I

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post

If you look at your video you will see that at the top of your movement you’re bending your elbows in an arm movement, to a point that it looks like you’re lifting the weight with your arm not the traps. I believe that is what he was talking about..

Could be wrong though.

D

I’m using my traps to do the shrug, not using my arms to lift. I was doing the movement in the mirror with no weight, of course with weight your body is gonna do different things than without weight. I noticed when bending the elbows you get higher rotation on the traps.

I actually had no clue I was even bending the elbows as I was focusing on shrugging.

My traps are now sore as chit again.

"The ucle Fes Ise"- WW

"Riy [LST NM]..."

I added 1.25# all around which totals 5# to this lift this week, but I didn’t do sets. I just did 1-set of 19 reps.

Holy frick was that ballz to the wallz, I have no shame in setting them down at rep 16 to get some wind.

I did this 20 minutes ago and my breathing is back to almost normal.

I did this with sore calves too!!!

Next time I will do sets again.

I also focused on not bending the elbows, it didn’t make any difference. Not bending the elbows is only an Olympic lifting technique for an efficient clean. This is trap building, not O-lifting.

"The ucle Fes Ise"- WW

"Riy [LST NM]..."

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always thought of the Farmer's Walks as a full body, core type workout and not really a hypertrophy workout, but improving the core should allow you to safely lift more weight with the other hypertrophy type exercises.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951