Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gauntlad View Post
    Low carbohydrate diet is a lifestyle choice, I know type 1 diabetics do it to reduce their level of insulin, but you must understand the information has to be on point if you go down this path.

Keto coupled with high blood sugar levels is dangerous, hence the controversy.

Suggesting that type 1 diabetes can be "reversed" through diet alone is an emotional response, insulin is required for treatment.
    I posted one post above yours a well known paper where type one diabetes was reversed with diet alone.

And also Keto is literally low blood sugar levels, that’s precisely the point of the diet. That is precisely the reason why leading authority on type 1 like doctor Bernstein restrict carbohydrates to under 30 g per day.

ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ninetynine8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    I posted one post above yours a well known paper where type one diabetes was reversed with diet alone.

And also Keto is literally low blood sugar levels, that’s precisely the point of the diet. That is precisely the reason why leading authority on type 1 like doctor Bernstein restrict carbohydrates to under 30 g per day.
    dr Bernstein himself would never say u can reverse it on zero carb

like yeah maybe extremely rare cases, tho i've never heard of that myself. only recent trials in which they say they've done it in the earliest stages, but that's not just doing a carnivore diet afaik

ur not accounting for environmental damage... i bet if everyone ate perfect people would still get fukked up

gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I see, a partially functioning pancreas with enough islet cells to manage type one diabetes without insulin replacement in the honeymoon phase. And for how long, when the cause of this is an autoimmune disease that took out the insulin producing cells in the first place?

Even Dr. Bernstein has to take insulin every day, coupled with a low carbohydrate diet.

And with hypoglycemia being a complication of treatment, I wouldn't be so quick to suggest low carbohydrate, when OP already has a lot of information to take in at diagnosis.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Take a look at this typical case of how type 1 diabetes comes about, what parents and doctors are likely to do about it, and what they actually should be doing:

this girl developed massive health problems immediately after her childhood vaccinations, she eventually was diagnosed with type one, the freaking morons in the hospital kept giving her rice and sweet tea, which shot her blood sugar Into the stratospheric 600, unbearable pain and major health problems continued to pile on, eventually the girls mother grew a freaking brain and watched a typical low-carb YouTuber and learned about low carb diet, with nothing to lose she decided that this is what they’re doing and that that, what do you know? The girls blood sugar is down to 100, all of her health issues have been resolved and with low doses of insulin she’s thriving as a smart, healthy child.

Now it’s up to OP to decide if his son is going to possibly live a life of pain and misery and be very lucky to even be healthy or even alive by age 50, or OP will grow a brain like this mom did, and pursue a ketogenic diet to allow his son to have a healthy pain-free life All the way to grandparenthood:

gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gauntlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keto is literally low blood sugar levels
    Nothing you have said here is true.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should reconsider, there are human trials that show strong correlation and even causation between stupid behaviors, like consuming gluten during pregnancy and kids developing type one diabetes, these are human trials, and they are not up for debate, also recorded human trials that specifically reverse type one diabetes, if caught early on, This is all publicly available information, but you shouldn’t hold your breath to see this information on government diabetes websites, because they tell you that it’s OK to eat cookies and cake and ice cream. As long as you continue to pay for their drug.

Even if the damage has been done, and the person will need insulin for the rest of their life, it is indisputable that low carbohydrate diet will allow for a smaller dose of insulin, which dramatically improves the side effects and long term quality of life of the diabetics. I could give you links to these things all day long, but you can just Google it yourself, these are legitimate medical publications, I don’t understand why this is such a controversial topic.
    Here is a paper I mentioned earlier, medical researchers in Hungary proved they can reverse type 1 diabetes with low carb diet if caught early.

https://www.ijcasereportsandimages.c...-full-text.php

This is because type one diabetes is not an overnight thing, it takes a while for all the beta cells to die, there are many papers like this, and endless case reports etc.

Dr. Bernstein, who wrote the best selling book on type one diabetes, himself a diabetic since childhood who is like 90 years old now, and is considered to be the leading expert on type one diabetes, recommends less than 30 g of carbs per day for type 1 diabetics, these are people like him Who do this all day for their entire life, they have more letters next to their doctor title name than there are letters in an alphabet, I don’t understand what all the seething is about. In the words of Dr. Bernstein glucose is poison for diabetics, it’s that simple.
    Reading the article, watching the video... it's just not a common thing to reverse type 1; it's an autoimmune disease, pretty much your body kills off the cells that produce insulin, and you just can't reverse that. I admit low carb does help with insulin resistance and need, but in most (I say most, not all) type 1 is just a life time issue.

Been type 1 most of my life, so I speak from experience and trial and error. I do moderate/low carb out of choice to help reduce my insulin needs, but even full on keto does not make the need go away; I still need a basal insulin rate (mine is .6 IU/hour) or I will still go into ketoacidosis.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    With Carnivore and keto type 1 diabetics are having a lot of success, even overturning the diagnosis. But op will of course opt for drugs and oatmeal with candies and cake. Because balanced diet. And don’t forget fruits and vegetables! Plenty of fruits and vegetables! Layne Norton says it’s good! PhD.

Might as well be drinking a cup of glyphosate every morning with that kind of diet.

What exactly are you feeding your son op?

I know it's not meat/eggs/banana every morning because this wouldn't be happening. It's from the chemicals in processed foods.

Jordan Peterson was able to reverse diabetes in his daughter from putting her on a all-meat diet.

People saying Type-1 is a genetic fluke are morons too. There are countless studies showing chemicals used in foods giving people diabetes. They don't directly give you diabetes, but they cause the autoimmune disorders that cause it.

https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/21/8/...ane%20(DDT)%2C
    Last edited by swoleyo; 05-19-2024 at 02:05 PM.
    Mod neg Cry-Baby Crew
    NEG ONLYFANS THREADS CREW
    EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF CREW
    RAW DOG CREW - PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY

gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by swoleyo View Post
    Might as well be drinking a cup of glyphosate every morning with that kind of diet.

What exactly are you feeding your son op?

I know it's not meat/eggs/banana every morning because this wouldn't be happening. It's from the chemicals in processed foods.

Jordan Peterson was able to reverse diabetes in his daughter from putting her on a all-meat diet.

People saying Type-1 is a genetic fluke are morons too. There are countless studies showing chemicals used in foods giving people diabetes. They don't directly give you diabetes, but they cause the autoimmune disorders that cause it.

https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/21/8/...ane%20(DDT)%2C
    Thank you, guy who does not have type 1, telling me I am a moron. If I could undo this I would. In a moment. I would do any diet, any lifestyle change, anything to undo this. It just does not work that way; whatever the reason you have it, you have it. So you can fck right off, go jam the largest dildo you can find right up your ass. I will send you one if you want.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Just to point out, the thing you see on my lower left (in picture) profile pic is an Omnipod dash pump; all the non type 1 diabetics saying it's reversable in here, go fck yourselves. I'd love for that to be the case, more than you'd ever know, fck off on the advice.

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Reading the article, watching the video... it's just not a common thing to reverse type 1; it's an autoimmune disease, pretty much your body kills off the cells that produce insulin, and you just can't reverse that. I admit low carb does help with insulin resistance and need, but in most (I say most, not all) type 1 is just a life time issue.

Been type 1 most of my life, so I speak from experience and trial and error. I do moderate/low carb out of choice to help reduce my insulin needs, but even full on keto does not make the need go away; I still need a basal insulin rate (mine is .6 IU/hour) or I will still go into ketoacidosis.
    All you've done is lived with it for years, repped.

Just to point out, the thing you see on my lower left (in picture) profile pic is an Omnipod dash pump; all the non type 1 diabetics saying it's reversable in here, go fck yourselves. I'd love for that to be the case, more than you'd ever know, fck off on the advice.
    I think it’s very important for you to read precisely, neither I and I don’t think anybody else in the thread has said that you can reverse type one in late stages, I specifically said if the damage has been done, you may need to be on insulin forever, but if you follow the low carb diet you’re going to significantly reduce your need for insulin, if your type one is early stage then your beta cells are still alive and it has been shown in human data that it’s 100% reversible, reversible specifically with ketogenic diet. I even Provided the link to the paper.

I don’t think you should get offended when people point out the risk factors and how to prevent this from happening in the first place, don’t you want other people to not have what you have? The point here is not to blame you for getting type 1 because either you or your parents made bad choices with regards to their diet, or you were strongly predisposed genetically, or something happened which was not anybody’s fault, or a combination of these things which is the most likely reason. The point is to try to prevent new people from this happening to them.

Originally Posted by gauntlad View Post
    All you've done is lived with it for years, repped.
    I know right? What would I know about it.

I do really do appreciate all the poster ITT with actual advice though, for a kid to go through this. I would never wish it on someone, you can live a normal life but man, it is life changing.

I will say again to OP, NEVER let your son think he is less than any other kid, ever. He can and will have a normal life, he just has one more thing going for him, but he is never less than someone else.

I think it’s very important for you to read precisely, neither I and I don’t think anybody else in the thread has said that you can reverse type one in late stages, I specifically said if the damage has been done, you may need to be on insulin forever, but if you follow the low carb diet you’re going to significantly reduce your need for insulin, if your type one is early stage then your beta cells are still alive and it has been shown in human data that it’s 100% reversible, reversible specifically with ketogenic diet. I even Provided the link to the paper.

I don’t think you should get offended when people point out the risk factors and how to prevent this from happening in the first place, don’t you want other people to not have what you have? The point here is not to blame you for getting type 1 because either you or your parents made bad choices with regards to their diet, or you were strongly predisposed genetically, or something happened which was not anybody’s fault, or a combination of these things which is the most likely reason. The point is to try to prevent new people from this happening to them.
    Diet has nothing to do with type 1. But to address the other things you said, and thank you, honestly, for the sentiment behind your posts.

I just think you're conflating type 1 and 2, type 1 is simply a genetic disorder, not the fault of anyone or anything. You get it, you don't, sht happens and it can't be undone. I did (not knowingly?) a carnivore diet when I was diagnosed, nothing but meat, no carbs (close to 0 as I could manage) just to not need insulin. It didn't 'cure' me. The doctors told me that it was all down to a simple thing, my body was actively killing the cells that produce insulin. You can't just fix it, maybe in rare cases? But most, you can't.

swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swoleyo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diet has nothing to do with type 1. But to address the other things you said, and thank you, honestly, for the sentiment behind your posts.

I just think you're conflating type 1 and 2, type 1 is simply a genetic disorder, not the fault of anyone or anything. You get it, you don't, sht happens and it can't be undone. I did (not knowingly?) a carnivore diet when I was diagnosed, nothing but meat, no carbs (close to 0 as I could manage) just to not need insulin. It didn't 'cure' me. The doctors told me that it was all down to a simple thing, my body was actively killing the cells that produce insulin. You can't just fix it, maybe in rare cases? But most, you can't.

I just linked a study showing chemicals in foods do cause the autoimmune disorder that causes type-1 and here's you "duurrr diet doesn't do it, let me go drink some more red 40"
    Mod neg Cry-Baby Crew

I just linked a study showing chemicals in foods do cause the autoimmune disorder that causes type-1 and here's you "duurrr diet doesn't do it, let me go drink some more red 40"
    Not denying that chemicals can cause type 1, more-so that it can be fixed; not sure most kids (or parents) know better though, most 5 year olds don't know about chemicals in foods.

Would food color be a massive cause? Unlikely, but I'll give you it, it's possible.

I doubt red 40 caused mine, or OPs son's, but hey, you never know.

Not denying that chemicals can cause type 1, more-so that it can be fixed; not sure most kids (or parents) know better though, most 5 year olds don't know about chemicals in foods.

Would food color be a massive cause? Unlikely, but I'll give you it, it's possible.

I doubt red 40 caused mine, or OPs son's, but hey, you never know.
    Get this app on your phone and start scanning the bar codes on the food you buy. You'd be surprised at what's in it.

It's called Yuka
    Mod neg Cry-Baby Crew

Get this app on your phone and start scanning the bar codes on the food you buy. You'd be surprised at what's in it.

It's called Yuka
    Hey but let me ignore years, decades, of experience and listen to you, fck ass internet guy, on how to deal with my life issue. I'll ignore all the doctors and specialist and listen to you. You. You the internet guy, who knows it ALL. Everything about diabetes. Fck off you cck sucker.

Investing the difference r32gojirra's Avatar
    r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WiseOldApe View Post
    I disapprove of this post - you're a grown man taking the opportunity of a little kid's illness to belittle someone else. You should be ashamed of yourself. You really should.
    And I disapprove of your repeated posts about you suckin dinks and the other cute little “games” you played with your bros

But here we are
    By reading this post you acknowledge r32gojirra is an online persona and all posts by r32gojirra are satirical in nature. Comments by r32gojirra shall not reflect on the integrity and morals of the author portraying the online character nor any professional or contractual affiliates of the author.

AP4C
    HTC
    Repped by kimm into 200kcrew crew

Hey but let me ignore years, decades, of experience and listen to you, fck ass internet guy, on how to deal with my life issue. I'll ignore all the doctors and specialist and listen to you. You. You the internet guy, who knows it ALL. Everything about diabetes. Fck off you cck sucker.
    Lol you think the pharmaceutical industry wants to help you. They want a patient for life.

I gave you a link to a tool to help you and you just yell at me like a woman instead of trying it.
    Mod neg Cry-Baby Crew

Diet has a lot to do with type one, as mentioned earlier a good example is the study that shows women who consume gluten during pregnancy having twice as much chance to have children with type 1

You can actually ask your Google AI this question right now, and it will clearly tell you that there is a role of a diet in developing type one diabetes, most notably vitamins such as zinc and others protect against it, while nitrates such as in processed garbage meats Promote the development of type one.

Certainly genetic factors are very important, I’m not denying that, you basically have to play the hand that you were dealt at birth, but you do have to make your best attempt to play well.

If your disease has progressed beyond the point where it can be reversed with diet, then simply use the diet to lessen your dependence on insulin and improve your health outcomes.

Lol you think the pharmaceutical industry wants to help you. They want a patient for life.
    This is very true also for the food industry, margins on meat are very low, at best 30%, but the margins on corn are massive, Between 700 and several thousand percent, it’s no wonder why this disgusting crap like cereal and grains is being pushed down everybody’s throats. While meat is hated on.

my favorite part is how American diabetes association on their website celebrates sweets, cookies, and cakes, and specifically tells diabetics that they can continue eating them as long as they take their medication

Pure evil. And you can bet your ass at today’s appointment or whenever OP will take his son to the doctor They will put him on a high carbohydrate diet. These are clueless retards.