Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37
Results 1,081 to 1,087 of 1087
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth196 View Post
    This may have been asked a bajillion times already, but if I wanted to incorporate wrist/forearm exercises such as wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, reverse cable curls, and hammer curls, are those better done on workout days (at the end of the workout), or during off days?

I'm currently doing them during off days (after I do cardio), but not sure if I'm already hitting forearms on workout days to where I should be resting them during off days.

Thanks!

Edit: Or... I guess I should ask, should I bother adding wrist/forearms, or does this program already hit them?

Edit #2: Nevernind, I see the bent over row hits the brachioradialis. I'll hold off on adding any iso wrist/forearm exercises.
    You can do just about whatever you want, directly after medium and light days
    You have to kinda plan for doing accessories on heavy day, because you need to be recovered enough for medium(the hardest day of the week) to not have compromised form

The worst thing you can do is do "things" on off days. It counts as another lifting session and robs recovery. So off day programming needs to be put under a microscope. GPP work/sports etc are fine for off days and increase recovery.

Please remember this is a fatigue based training style, and there is a reason why the widdle weights on light day are still kicking your arse by cycle 2 or early cycle 3 once you are in the groove.

BartAllen2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Your getting warmer.

7 exercises for 2 sets each, 14 total work sets (or 20 "sets" if you count the two warmup sets of the first three as sets).
    Thanks a lot!

Stiff-legged Deadlift question: does the weight have to touch the ground? As usually when I attempt a descent (whereby the weight hits the ground) I usually lose the feeling of a stretch -- I feel it more when I reach about shin level on the descend, but can lose it when the bar makes contact to the ground. I also ask this, as I believe many have stated with SLD the weight starts and finishes at the ground.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BartAllen2 View Post
    Thanks a lot!

Stiff-legged Deadlift question: does the weight have to touch the ground? As usually when I attempt a descent (whereby the weight hits the ground) I usually lose the feeling of a stretch -- I feel it more when I reach about shin level on the descend, but can lose it when the bar makes contact to the ground. I also ask this, as I believe many have stated with SLD the weight starts and finishes at the ground.
    SDL doesnt touch the ground between reps, the RDL does.

for the allpro SDL, it should not hit the ground between reps(else you would lose the stretch/reflex). Most cant get much past the knees with good form when they first start out. The really flexible people can get the weight down to the ankle line by the end of the program, using a platform for the deficit.

Time2Sleep00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What seems to be the problem if i cant get the 2nd set on a heavy day? I eat about 90mins before workout.

Originally Posted by Time2Sleep00 View Post
    What seems to be the problem if i cant get the 2nd set on a heavy day? I eat about 90mins before workout.
    You are fueled by what you eat 8-12 hours beforehand. Your 90 minutes before working is just helping with blood glucose, not muscle stores.

Normally its either lack of cardio, inefficient form, or "dogging" the weight.

Inefficient form = bad bar path that wears out/stresses a smaller muscle group more than the primary movers. As the weight gets heavier, the more this is presented. A common one is lifters "wanting" to bench with a straight bar path, and it will progress till a small muscle group cant handle it.
    Dogging the weight= not doing full acceleration with each rep, so that you can get more reps in. So you are not pushing(or pulling) as hard just so you can get in more reps. This "technique" only works till it becomes impossible to complete a rep without using full force. You cant "slowly" bench/dead with decent weight or you wont be able to lock it out.

juarduarte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

Just about to head into my first test day, my lifts right now are BP 95x11 failed second set at 10 reps, Squat 135x11 Rows 105x11 OHP 55x11 SLDL 145x11 BB Curls 50X11. Height 175 cm and 69.5 KG. Eating around 2k calories. My problem is i'm quite skinnyfat, I would estimate my bf to be around 20%. Just wanted to make sure I'm doing the right thing and cutting to 13% bodyfat is the path for me. Bench press has always been my weakest lift and worried if i cut I will just stall for the whole program. Any feedback is appreciated thanks!

Originally Posted by juarduarte View Post
    Hi,

Just about to head into my first test day, my lifts right now are BP 95x11 failed second set at 10 reps, Squat 135x11 Rows 105x11 OHP 55x11 SLDL 145x11 BB Curls 50X11. Height 175 cm and 69.5 KG. Eating around 2k calories. My problem is i'm quite skinnyfat, I would estimate my bf to be around 20%. Just wanted to make sure I'm doing the right thing and cutting to 13% bodyfat is the path for me. Bench press has always been my weakest lift and worried if i cut I will just stall for the whole program. Any feedback is appreciated thanks!
    Most people are skinny fat. Its more of a motivation thing to get to 13%.

In the beginning you are learning the lifts, developing cns, and increasing endurance. That is the perfect time to cut the fat, since you are not adding much muscle, and have plenty of energy in the beer gut.
    Here is the problem with not cutting first. Food is anabolic, and its almost impossible to add muscle without adding fat. So now what do you do now that you are say 22% and 3-4kg heavier? If you cut you cant progress on lifts. But its pretty demotivating that you still "look the same" even though some lifts might have doubled in working weight.

Id advise everyone to start off with a cut to get to 13%, unless that causes your bmi to go below 20.