AntonMontes01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Some feedback :)

I recently transitioned from F5 novice program to intermediate program and I've run into some difficulties and doubts with the new exercises. Just reaching out to see if anyone could give me some pointers?

Incline Bench: In the first repetition, I notice that I'm straining my shoulder when lowering the bar. That sensation tends to disappear as I continue with the reps. I also feel some pressure on my neck. This happens both with the barbell and dumbbells. None of this occurred with flat bench press. Sometimes, it leaves me with some discomfort in the shoulder and neck for a couple of days. The alternative is to switch to the inclined press with a machine, which doesn't give me any trouble, but I wanted to make sure if it's due to poor technique that I could correct.

Reverse Flies: Any advice or exercise recommendations to really feel the rear delts working?

Weighted Back Extensions: I'd like to do this exercise, but my gym doesn't have a specialized bench for it. Any ideas on how I could set up safely?

Flies: This is more of a question than a difficulty with the exercise. Why are flies included in a low-volume program instead of adding another press or dips?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See in bold below.

Originally Posted by AntonMontes01 View Post
    Incline Bench: In the first repetition, I notice that I'm straining my shoulder when lowering the bar. That sensation tends to disappear as I continue with the reps. I also feel some pressure on my neck. This happens both with the barbell and dumbbells. None of this occurred with flat bench press. Sometimes, it leaves me with some discomfort in the shoulder and neck for a couple of days. The alternative is to switch to the inclined press with a machine, which doesn't give me any trouble, but I wanted to make sure if it's due to poor technique that I could correct.
    How would anyone know what your technique is? But lowering the weight and/or learning to brace properly would likely fix this.

Reverse Flies: Any advice or exercise recommendations to really feel the rear delts working?
    Why do you need to "really feel" the rear delts working?

Weighted Back Extensions: I'd like to do this exercise, but my gym doesn't have a specialized bench for it. Any ideas on how I could set up safely?
    Just do good mornings.

Flies: This is more of a question than a difficulty with the exercise. Why are flies included in a low-volume program instead of adding another press or dips?
    Because that's how the creator wrote it.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    On the incline benchpress, are you retracting shoulders before you begin the movement? I find it helps as a bracing technique.

On reverse flyes, which way are the hands facing? Neutrally in line with torso, or pronated in line with shoulders? The latter can achieve the increased feel, but there is a slight injury risk associated with the grip.

On back extensions, if the hyperextension bench isn't available, i'd just use other hinge movements instead such as good mornings or romanian deadlifts. Easier to load and you don't have to spend time finding a machine to do the exercise.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

AntonMontes01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was planning on taking a few more days before updating the thread to see how it evolved with the incline press following your advice. For now, I've significantly reduced the weight and I'm experimenting with both barbell and dumbbell to execute the correct bracing technique.

On reverse flies

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Why do you need to "really feel" the rear delts working?
    Since it's an exercise where I can't easily progress in weights nor perform it while feeling fresh, I thought it was important to feel the muscle working.

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    On reverse flyes, which way are the hands facing? Neutrally in line with torso, or pronated in line with shoulders? The latter can achieve the increased feel, but there is a slight injury risk associated with the grip.
    Pronated. I'm doing it on the pec deck machine, which has a ledge to hold onto when doing reverse flies. How do you guys do reverse flies?

On flies

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Because that's how the creator wrote it.
    But is there anything I should consider about the importance of keeping flies in the program? I'm tempted to replace them with dips or another flat press.

On back extensions

I'll do good mornings and RDL instead. Thanks.

ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like the rear delt machine or thick band rear delt rows with the band set just above head height.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Incline Bench - Most fixed incline barbell set ups are a bit awkward I find for most people. The angle tends to be just too high. Dragging an adjustable bench to a power rack and setting the incline lower will probably fix these issues. If no power rack... Dumbbell presses are a better option.

Reverse Flyes - Rear delts are notoriously difficult to "feel" and usually the traps take over. Some need to do a lot of activation exercises and fiddle around with placements to feel them. On a machine I find this easier while leaning forward more and going for higher reps.

Hypers - Do GMs or RDL's.

Flies - Useless on a lower frequency program IMO. I would rather see a compound movement... even if that compound movement was just dips or push ups. Flyes are a good finisher or pre-exhaust tool (sometimes?).
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See below in Bold.

Originally Posted by AntonMontes01 View Post
    On reverse flies
    Since it's an exercise where I can't easily progress in weights nor perform it while feeling fresh, I thought it was important to feel the muscle working.

Rear delts are a tiny muscle & at beginner levels you're not going to feel anything since they're barely there. Reverse flies are usually just a finisher after other back work. If you want to feel rear delts more on the reverse pec deck, do them with hands horizontal so you're not "pulling" the bars out with your hands, don't go all the way forward on the eccentric, and don't go past sideways at the end of the rep.

On flies
    But is there anything I should consider about the importance of keeping flies in the program? I'm tempted to replace them with dips or another flat press.

If you want to replace them, replace them. But don't ask "is it ok?", "is it optimal", "am i missing out on anything?" etc... just do it.