Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SandalwooodRose View Post
    beta buxxing for some chyna sloot and eventually getting cheated on is not saving all you could u idiot

just be thankful you lucked out with parents instead of justifying why you arent a loser

dweebs like you is what pisses me off the most. trying to sympathize over chit you have never dealt with LOL
    What have I never dealt with? Lol

SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by blueberryboy View Post
    fighting for everything you have

blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    O I've definitely done that. Was raised the proper way

Don't fault someone because their parents were willing to invest in their kid.

Other than that, I didn't receive a single penny for cars , any material item etc...

Would you want your kid renting some chit hole apartment or would you set them up with a place if you had the means?

SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SandalwooodRose has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    O I've definitely done that. Was raised the proper way

Don't fault someone because their parents were willing to invest in their kid.

Other than that, I didn't receive a single penny for cars , any material item etc...

Would you want your kid renting some chit hole apartment or would you set them up with a place if you had the means?
    the typical entitled kid's response

all the little meals you shared with your parents. Who paid for all that? The little christmas gifts here and there

Imagine receiving a large deposit on a house and doing mental gymnastics on why your a fragile little man

Having the security blanket of being bailed out by parents AT AN ADULT AGE is far more than the majority of the population

the typical entitled kid's response

all the little meals you shared with your parents. Who paid for all that? The little christmas gifts here and there

Imagine receiving a large deposit on a house and doing mental gymnastics on why your a fragile little man

Having the security blanket of being bailed out by parents AT AN ADULT AGE is far more than the majority of the population
    So if you were worth 7m - 10 M in your mid 60s ...you wouldn't throw your kid a 105 k bands for help to get into a decent place?

Like I said I saved 65k for it myself , and work full time ..and have a great relationship with my parents .

I know a lot of guys in their parents basement doing a lot less than I'm doing lol
    Last edited by blueberryboy; 05-02-2024 at 09:49 AM.

So if you were worth 7m - 10 M in your mid 60s ...you wouldn't throw your kid a 100 bands for help to get into a decent place?

Like I said I saved 65k for it myself , and work full time ..and have a great relationship with my parents .

I know a lot of guys in their parents basement doing a lot less than I'm doing lol
    So you are admitting you didn't, in fact, fight for everything you have?

O I've definitely done that.

So you are admitting you didn't, in fact, fight for everything you have?
    Still worked hard man

Just got lucky .

I got more pressure on me than neets in their parents basement. It's just that 105k I received just really tied my life together and made a big difference

Now I'm left to make mortgage payments , property tax payments...and I'll be damned if I have to go back and ask for more $...so Ill need to bring my a game- the neet in his parents basement doesn't.

ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ScrillaIsBake has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by nickh04 View Post
    feels like everyone is but me srs

feelbatman
    This feelsbadman

It's just that 105k I received just really tied my life together and made a big difference
    Thank you for continuing to prove my point

Most do not receive this

Do you think you had some special adversity compared to others? If anything, you had it far easier

Imagine receiving 100k from your parents and thinking you fought for everything you have

Thank you for continuing to prove my point

Most do not receive this

Do you think you had some special adversity compared to others? If anything, you had it far easier

Imagine receiving 100k from your parents and thinking you fought for everything you have
    Bro if I wanted to act all try hard alpha I would have just skipped mentioning receiving any help ...I was honest.

I was a bit surprised too when they just handed me over the $

Also the mortgage is in my name...so therfore I had to personally qualify for the mortgage...so I had to make good decisions with my credit etc

I'm a hard working guy , it's just that $$ meant a lot more than me then it did to them ..at their point in life. Both retired ...it's not like I'm having them work some bullchit 9 -5 to fund my down payment...than I'd feel wrong about it

I do alot for parents too: ill take care of them If need be , I house and dog sit when they're away etc..it's just all about having a decent relationship bro

AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AshWar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All the landchad cucks that spam the misc with chit threads got handouts from their mommy and daddy
    Every man should be able to crush offenders penis using his rock solid glutes if he is victim of anal assault attempt

B/S/D: 315/365x5/525

Bro if I wanted to act all try hard alpha I would have just skipped mentioning receiving any help ...I was honest.

I was a bit surprised too when they just handed me over the $

Also the mortgage is in my name...so therfore I had to personally qualify for the mortgage...so I had to make good decisions with my credit etc

I'm a hard working guy , it's just that $$ meant a lot more than me then it did to them ..at their point in life. Both retired ...it's not like I'm having them work some bullchit 9 -5 to fund my down payment...than I'd feel wrong about it
    Sigh

Blabbering on about a bunch of nonsense lol

Don't go around talking about "how hard you worked and fought for everything", when in fact you received top 1% assistance

Even for the sake of your parents, that's extremely disrespectful to them

Thank your dad next time you see him and acknowledge you wouldn't be in the position you are without him

Sigh

Blabbering on about a bunch of nonsense lol

Don't go around talking about "how hard you worked and fought for everything", when in fact you received top 1% assistance

Even for the sake of your parents, that's extremely disrespectful to them

Thank your dad next time you see him and acknowledge you wouldn't be in the position you are without him
    O I'm greatful for sure

My parents aren't going to be doing that if I'm an ingenious pos bum

frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) frankdtank20 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I graduated college with a manageable amount of debt. In today's money about $20K. My parents gave me money toward rent when I was in college too. After that my dad gave me money from a family member who died and didn't have a lot but said they wanted everything they had to go to me.
    Light weight! Light weight baby!!!!

blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AshWar View Post
    All the landchad cucks that spam the misc with chit threads got handouts from their mommy and daddy
    Wrong

I was given enough of an inheritance where me nor my kids ever had to work a day

Used it to pay my first year of university & then gave the rest to children's charities like St Jude's

Boomers aren't stupid, they know how expensive the world was becoming; most young people/couples have financial help from parents

However I could not fathom sitting around doing nothing my entire life & silver-spooning your children is the worst thing you could ever do to them
    *Tolerance is the lube that slides the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of civilized society*

*We didn't deserve snailsrus*

As always: not medical advice but medical opinion crew

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was never given anything from my parents. Furthermore I had to quit school and start working at 16. I managed to pull myself together without any help. Hustled my ass off. Payed for my own college cash. Bought my own house. Etc. Everything I have I bought myself. With money that was earned not given.

Its kind of laughable how rustled dudes get when other guys are given advantages by their parents. Their parents were smarter/more successful then yours. And in turn they passed that onto their kids. Good for them. They deserve it.

If you want to change the cycle its on your to grow wealthy and give your kids an advantage in life over other plebs.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jizzfarmer View Post
    Way more than you think.
    This. I was surprised, but finally realized it in college. I'm quite frugal and worked full-time, so it didn't add up; they had no job during college, no work experience period, better car than me, then land jobs that pay less and are somehow doing well financially. Sure, a lot of it is students loans, but the cars do not make sense. Once I realized it, I just put my head down and grinded; being jealous wouldn't help me.

Then they can make cash offers 20% over list on homes. Parents are helping out a lot more than I thought. I even hear it from older guys at the gym that say "i just can't get them off the payroll".

A lot of travel often, constantly have new clothes, live in the best condos in town, but work in the arts making under $50k...hmm
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parents help when they can with as much as they can. It might be buying a used car, helping with a house downpayment, letting you stay at their house for awhile while you're looking for a job. Now that I'm old and close to retirement I've identified some resources that I could give to my kids earlier than me dying if the need arises.

headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    More than you think. Parents bought my first car, but I paid them back (interest free loan)..

Everything else I’ve done alone.

PhotoChopin' That Angus OutdoorsBrah's Avatar
    OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

Anyone I know who doesn't have trash parents/family.... have received leg-ups from their parents be it small or larger(er) depending on the family's amount of resources.

Things like:

• Down payment for house.

• Phone bills and other minor bills are taken care of (if the family isn't rich... but still wants to help/support in some way)

• Babysitting grand children so parents save thousands a month in day care costs.

• Paying for weddings, vacations, ECT.

• Leaving or gifting rental properties or other investment vehicles to give the children a head start.

Botton line is, no-one will brag about these things, but most of the decently comfortable people I know had HUGE help from parents. Only white trash and alcoholic/sub-par working class families (in my experience) scoff at or flat out can't help their kids, while educated and middle- upper-middle class families take pride in giving their children all the competitive advantages that they can. Its how $$$ stays and grows within family's.

My children will without a doubt inherit at least one rental property to cover their mortgage and I will personally be setting up their Roth IRA's the day they turn 21. All of my cohort will be doing similar things. I don't associate with people who don't/can't help their children get ahead early due their poor choices in life and couldn't identify with them not wanting to give their children the best life possible SRS
    Last edited by OutdoorsBrah; 05-02-2024 at 10:10 AM.
    Outdoors brah is a purely fictitious persona. Any contextual or graphic creation, opinion, or post made by Outdoorsbrah is not a reflection of real life or reality in any manner, expressed nor implied.

*Photoshop / PhotoChop Crew*
    *High Test Crew*
    *Graphic Design Crew*

headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OutdoorsBrah View Post

My children will without a doubt inherit at least one rental property to cover their mortgage and I will personally be setting up their Roth IRA's the day they turn 21. All of my cohort will be doing similar things. I don't associate with people who don't/can't help their children get ahead early due their poor choices in life and couldn't identify with them not wanting to give their children the best life possible SRS

Why wait until 21? Jfl if you’re not setting those accounts up when they’re preteens.

Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    I was never given anything from my parents. Furthermore I had to quit school and start working at 16. I managed to pull myself together without any help. Hustled my ass off. Payed for my own college cash. Bought my own house. Etc. Everything I have I bought myself. With money that was earned not given.

Its kind of laughable how rustled dudes get when other guys are given advantages by their parents. Their parents were smarter/more successful then yours. And in turn they passed that onto their kids. Good for them. They deserve it.

If you want to change the cycle its on your to grow wealthy and give your kids an advantage in life over other plebs.
    I dont get rustled at guys who received tons of chit from their parents but don't walk around acting like they earned it. They don't need to walk around acknowledging it but don't come into conversations like these and try to fit in like you had no advantage LOL.

Imagine you're having a conversation with Shaq's son and he told you: "My dad said i'm only getting $1 million inheritance while he's worth $500M. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you!!!!!"

Fukn clowns i swear lol

usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) usersignup2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    comparing yourself to others is for losers. it will get you nowhere unless you're the type who can motivate yourself and use it as fuel to excel.

in my experience, people use it as an excuse for failure. the only person you should compare yourself to is the person you were yesterday and the person you will be tomorrow.
    2022 Option Trading Realized Gains: $125,348 USD
    2023 Goal: $140,000
    2023 Option Trading Realized Gains: $142,035 USD
    2024 Goal: $80,000

merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by donblaximus View Post
    What are you trying to assess with this data?
    simple human interest and curiosity, just trying to start a dialog about a thought that popped into my head.

Thx OP for posting this shiet

So fkn angry rn knowing how disadvantaged I was with parents and how important that piece of one's life is

FUARK
    sorry bro, my bad

Originally Posted by monster0ultra View Post
    The prime years of your life are all that matter. I wasted my 20s working hard. I'd be way more jacked and would have gotten way more sloots if I had just let my parents support me.
    Unfortunately true, but it's an experience you can pass on to your children or help/guide them on the right path.

sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    More common than you think..

Currently shopping for a house and most houses we’re checking out are $1 mil+. Yet, if you go to an open house, there’s always at least 1 couple in their mid 20s with their very obviously well off parents. Only thing I can conclude is that their parents are likely going to pay for the house, because it’s unlikely that a 25 year old couple can buy a house in that price range.

6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 6gorillion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

ding ding ding

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For my first car my parents paid half..a 1967 mustang was $3,600..I was 16 when I bought it (i'm 45 now), my step dad was Jewish and he put me to work since I was 13 yrs old, washing cars and mowing lawns. Made me get a work permit when I was 15 and a half and my first job was Carl's Jr. Saved up enough to buy the Mustang. Drove that for 3 yrs learning how to work on cars and with my dad helping me restore it, sold it for $24,000..of which I got half (I did say my step dad was Jewish..right?)

For my first home I was given $10k after I graduated..in which I had to work 2 jobs during school..because again parents would only pay for half of my eduction. My parents were not poor by any means, but I was never just given anything. Been working since I was 12 and haven't stopped, when I was going to college I was working night shifts at a grocery store and selling men's suits after class at Nordstrom. I was living off of ephedra