View Poll Results: What should i do?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Speak with my manager now and ask for a pay bump.

5 38.46%
  • Wait until i have a year in the company and ask for a raise

2 15.38%
  • start applying for other jobs now and leave

6 46.15%
    ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down Found out today that i'm extremely underpaid compared to my colleagues

Srs advices would be greatly appreciated brahs.

Graduated almost a year ago (cs). took a qa position as the market was trash (wanted to be a dev) it was an automation position though so i coded a lot.
    I came to the negotiating a bit afraid (after months of looking for a job all i cared about was being accepted for the position), and we agreed on a salary that is meh for this role in my area. let's say 10% less than the average, but my company is a huge funded start up so salaries are pretty high, I know someone that started the same position with no experience a few months before me and got 20% more.

a few months after starting i was offered to move to a dev (c#) position. This was great for me because this is what i wanted to do. A pay bump wasn't raised up, and honestly i though i will be really underpaid with this salary as a dev in a company like this, but i still accepted the role of course without doubt.
    This week i finally chatted with some colleagues about salaries and what the company usually give, and apparently all junior devs that started in the recent year, with no experience at all (just like me) get 60-70% more.

Honestly i felt like a clown at that moment. I know im not entitled to anything, and that i should be grateful for having a job in this market, but knowing that people that are pretty much at my level make so much more than me just make me feel worthless. And honestly when comparing myself to the rest of the juniors i think i preform very well.

A few points:
    1. I'm only 7 months in this company. 3 as a dev. I think i'm doing well overall iny my job - managers agree.
    2. Comared to the market i'm being underpaid around 25-30%, compared to my company i get 60-70% less.
    3. I have no leverage at all - market is trash, if i'm out of the company tomorrow it will likely take me 3-4-5 months to get a job.
    4. Overall i love working in this company. But for the last week i just kept feeling like trash.

I need advices on 2 subjects here -
    1. How should i operate right now in order to get a pay bump? My first position wasn't a lot far from this one, i coded alot, so this is not really a promotion. And im not even a year in this company, i feel like im in a tough spot.
    2. How can i cope with this chit? I honestly can't stop thinking about it.
    Arsenal FC crew
    Poverty lifts crew
    europe crew
    washing hands before peeing crew
    dead before 29 crew ( lol @ the 30 crew)
    Gonna Semi make it crew

Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    apply for job
    leverage new job for increase or just switch
    ????
    profit
    Make Europe Germany Again

-JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ratfish View Post
    apply for job
    ????
    profit
    /thread
    -Virtue is its own reward

-Survived misc outage 2022 crew
    -My old username (Johnez) did not survive outage :-(

ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ButcherSir has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    apply for job
    ????
    profit
    I'm trying to think if there is a possibility to stay in this job and get a pay bump, looking for a new job will probably take 3+ months
    Arsenal FC crew
    Poverty lifts crew
    europe crew
    Gonna Semi make it crew

Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    option 3

NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000) NESBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Either accept it for what it is or apply elsewhere if you want to move up badly enough. Srs. It's not worth trying to win them over to promote you when they clearly don't want to.

BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cliffs?

BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BaylissG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just read, you’re dumb AF for not asking for a raise

Just save your self respect and leave

brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Start looking for other jobs, but it doesn't hurt to ask for a raise. You know they don't respect you or your work if they underpaid you that much. Your job will be among the first they eliminate if things get tough. Probably best to get out of there.

-JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -JR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ButcherSir View Post
    I'm trying to think if there is a possibility to stay in this job and get a pay bump, looking for a new job will probably take 3+ months
    He just outlined the process to stay at your current job and make more money. Secure an outside offer, present it to your company, and see if they match it. If they do, profit. If they don't, do you really wanna stay with a company underpaying you by 60%?
    -Virtue is its own reward

-Survived misc outage 2022 crew
    -My old username (Johnez) did not survive outage :-(

brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brooootal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The thing is, the moment you point out how underpaid you are and that you deserve more, they'll already fish for reasons to eliminate you. So you should already be ready to bail at this point.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you really want a raise, start looking for other jobs and give yourself an opportunity + leverage.

Or, suck it up and put a couple years in working for a company you like, advocate for a raise when appropriate (reviews), and build up your resume so you can net a really good role when the market improves. Think less about what you feel you're entitled to and more about what you want to earn.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    apply for job
    ????
    profit
    This

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There’s only three options.

1. Deal with it.

2. Ask for a raise matching similar to colleagues, but make sure you have good tenure.

3. Start looking for a new org, interview, get job offer, produce job offer’s salary and benefits/perks if they outshine current org and ask to match it or you quit.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

Originally Posted by -JR View Post
    He just outlined the process to stay at your current job and make more money. Secure an outside offer, present it to your company, and see if they match it. If they do, profit. If they don't, do you really wanna stay with a company underpaying you by 60%?
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    If you really want a raise, start looking for other jobs and give yourself an opportunity + leverage.

Or, suck it up and put a couple years in working for a company you like, advocate for a raise when appropriate (reviews), and build up your resume so you can net a really good role when the market improves. Think less about what you feel you're entitled to and more about what you want to earn.
    Next reviews are only in 5 months.

Do you think asking for a pay adjustment to the new role, now, is a bad idea? rude? Inappropriate? likely to fail?
    Arsenal FC crew
    Poverty lifts crew
    europe crew
    Gonna Semi make it crew

Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ratfish has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Red face

better start now

just monkeybranch like a sloot in a relationship

better start now

just monkeybranch like a sloot in a relationship
    Do you think asking for a pay adjustment now is a bad idea that could backfire on me?
    Arsenal FC crew
    Poverty lifts crew
    europe crew
    Gonna Semi make it crew

baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baroni01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in the meanwhile start stealing office supplies..

Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Moving around is definitely the way to get quicker pay increases, pretty difficult to get them internally even if you’re top notch

Try to get more from the company while also looking for new opportunities

Originally Posted by baroni01 View Post
    in the meanwhile start stealing office supplies..

saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) saltypits has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Send dick pics to your boss.

Unhappy

Do you think asking for a pay adjustment now is a bad idea that could backfire on me?
    sounds like you're already living the worst case scenario srs