Thread: Super Sets

Nihil31 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Super Sets

Hey so i was recommended to use Super sets for my workouts instead of my current standard type of workouts. Alright so my primary goal is to get a bit leaner but at the same time to slowly add on some size so basically a rwhat i was thinking of doing for 8 weeks, Any opinions or recommendations or if its even a good idea, note all, are 10 reps and three sets
    Upper Body

Hammer Dumbell Bench Press+Hammer Curl
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press+ Dumbbell Kickback
    Deadlift+Shrugs

Lower Body:
    Goblet Squat+Calve Raise
    Romanian Deadlift+Lunges

i plan on adding in 4 sets of 30sec Planks on possibly upper body before i do the workout itself to avoid any problems of exhausted muscles

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The exercise selection, order & superset pairings don't seem great for muscle building. If you're not looking to save time, I don't see much reason to superset an entire workout but for losing weight it won't hurt I guess. Don't really get the pre-workout planks either, but give your workout a try if you feel it'd work for you and adjust from there.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    The exercise selection, order & superset pairings don't seem great for muscle building. If you're not looking to save time, I don't see much reason to superset an entire workout but for losing weight it won't hurt I guess. Don't really get the pre-workout planks either, but give your workout a try if you feel it'd work for you and adjust from there.
    For the planks, it was literally just to get it out of the way and strengthen my core really, as we all probably had where we tried to do a plank after biceps tend to be a bit difficult lol

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nihil31 View Post
    For the planks, it was literally just to get it out of the way and strengthen my core really, as we all probably had where we tried to do a plank after biceps tend to be a bit difficult lol
    Well most people don't do planks at all, but still don't get prioritizing planks while keeping something like DLs at the end of the workout... but the whole program is set up diff than I'd want to do it. Give it a shot if you feel it fits your preferences & goals, and adjust based on how you respond to it.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Well most people don't do planks at all, but still don't get prioritizing planks while keeping something like DLs at the end of the workout... but the whole program is set up diff than I'd want to do it. Give it a shot if you feel it fits your preferences & goals, and adjust based on how you respond to it.
    Was just a recommendation by a friend, was originally doing full body workouts 3x a week but it was the first week anyways so nothing much of a loss really, i was originally doing a 5x a week 2-3 muscle group set up but always looking at ways to improve it and put on muscle during the recomp

Was just a recommendation by a friend, was originally doing full body workouts 3x a week but it was the first week anyways so nothing much of a loss really, i was originally doing a 5x a week 2-3 muscle group set up but always looking at ways to improve it and put on muscle during the recomp
    You'll prob see better results just picking a proper novice program (or any program) & following it for a while, rather than constantly looking to improve your own. That usually leads to spinning your wheels due to lack of any consistency.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only good thing supersets are good for is saving time.

Not sure why you are putting planks on a pedestal though…

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Not sure why you are putting planks on a pedestal though…
    It's the exercise we all love to hate and hate to love.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey so i was recommended to use Super sets for my workouts instead of my current standard type of workouts. Alright so my primary goal is to get a bit leaner but at the same time to slowly add on some size so basically a rwhat i was thinking of doing for 8 weeks, Any opinions or recommendations or if its even a good idea, note all, are 10 reps and three sets
    Upper Body

Hammer Dumbell Bench Press+Hammer Curl
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press+ Dumbbell Kickback
    Deadlift+Shrugs

Lower Body:
    Goblet Squat+Calve Raise
    Romanian Deadlift+Lunges

i plan on adding in 4 sets of 30sec Planks on possibly upper body before i do the workout itself to avoid any problems of exhausted muscles
    I don't think you understand what a superset is. You use opposing muscle groups back to back. Chest and back, etc.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For raising the heart rate and keeping it there, consider giant sets, partner up a push, a pull and a leg movement, maybe even an ab movement or explosive movement or cardio movement.

Example

Bundle 1
    Squat
    Bench
    Row
    Jump rope 2 min

Complete 3-5 rounds in 15 min or less.

Bundle two
    Deadlifts
    Db incline press
    Backwards walk on treadmill 2 min

Complete 3-5 rounds in 15 min or less

Bundle three
    Leg press
    Dips or shoulder press
    Pull-ups or lat pulldowns
    Situps AMRAP

Leg curls
    15 jump tucks
    Barbell curls/close grip Diamond push-ups
    40 yard sprint uphill

Keep a trash an nearby for vomiting
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!