Registered User hardgainerloser's Avatar
    hardgainerloser is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Comparable alternatives to FT2 Inspire that are available in EU

I have read a lot of reviews about FT2 and it seems like a solid all-around machine for home use, but quite on the expensive side. I can’t seem to find that many reviews for other EU based equipment manufacturers. For example, ATX Fitness, I have an old rack form their predecessor, that was very well built. Could anyone share some feedback on their GMX-2000 or any other product that is readily available within the EU. There really is not a lot to pick from, especially if one wants cables and smith machine in one machine. I am open to both plate-loaded and weight stacks, but prefer stacks, because these tend to use up less space. Thank you for your thoughts.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're not going to find too many alternatives to the FT2, Smith Machines just aren't that popular, but if you're set on this configuration I doubt you could do better than the FT2. I haven't used the FT2, but have owned and traded several Inspire cable units and all were very good, the FT1 in particular would be hard to beat at it's price point.

ATX is another manufacturer I would recommend, but I've never owned one of their cable units, I doubt the quality of their current racks is up to the rack you have, several years ago they moved all production from Germany to China, the racks Produced in Germany were real tanks, couple of the Chinese made racks do not look so solid, of course you have to pay top money for European made products, indeed Inspire and ATX now manufacture everything in South East Asia.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the FT2 and I love the damn thing. I bought it in 2016. I was fortunate that I got the salesman to drop the price 25% and got it for $3000(plus 1 year no interest financing)I just couldn’t refuse that deal . The $4500 price tag of today is insane but I think I would still buy it.

Another unit available is the Tuff Stuff unit. I was going to go with that for $3000 on sale at the time but the inspire dealer matched the price and I liked it a little better. The Tuff stuff does have a nice footprint and fits in a corner better.

Hope this helps
    Attached Images

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I own it as well and am overall quite happy with it; but you’re right about expensive. Here in Denmark it cost me a good 28000 DKK.

ATX is good stuff overall. Little bit too industrial looking at times, but some people like that, and their function has always seemed good. I wouldn’t be afraid to try them myself. Way better than getting something from your local fitness mega store.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113