bobby5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Disassembling Bodymaster leg press?

I’ve always loved the body master leg press and found one for sale and having it shipped. I was curious if you guys had any pointers on how to take it apart to move? I figured it would be easier to move apart than fully assembled. I assume the carriage just slides out from the top and comes off and the frame bolts together?i haven’t received it yet so I really haven’t seen how it was together. I just don’t want to bend a guide rod or something. It’s this model here http://www.barbellsales.com/images/BMLegPress.jpg

SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bobby5 View Post
    I’ve always loved the body master leg press and found one for sale and having it shipped. I was curious if you guys had any pointers on how to take it apart to move? I figured it would be easier to move apart than fully assembled. I assume the carriage just slides out from the top and comes off and the frame bolts together?i haven’t received it yet so I really haven’t seen how it was together. I just don’t want to bend a guide rod or something. It’s this model here http://www.barbellsales.com/images/BMLegPress.jpg
    14mm Wrench/socket There's a top plate that I believe is 4 bolts, after that, you loosen the bolts holding the rods, take them out and pull the carriage out. After that it's 8-10 bolts to split the seat from the sides, looks like 8 on yours. And there you go

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Remove 4 bolts on each side. Remove the 4 bolts holding the linear guide rods in place, which will enable you to remove them and the sled. Remove 2 bolts on each side securing the weight storage posts. This will leave you with the front section (w/ seat), rear section and sled. Seat can be removed from front section if you wish. I believe that rear triangle is mostly welded, but I could be mistaken. Even if it is, at that point it will be manageable to get through a standard doorway.

bobby5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the help figured it would be easier to take it apart than manhandle it fully assembled