LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Union Jobs, Biden.....

This is what he keep saying, Union jobs!

I understand Unions a very long time ago were formed to protect workers.

I’ve never worked for a Union myself, but I never liked the idea of paying dues and being forced to go on strike, I’d much rather just apply to other jobs and move up, plus pay increases from strikes and protests don’t really show much increase in the pockets as because the companies just raise any expense to even it all out.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would think that the dem's very accepting attitude towards illegals/undocumented immigrants wouldn't sit well with unions. When you've been accustomed to the wages of of Mexico or Central America, working for much less than current union wages is still a huge pay increase.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There is nothing inherently wrong with unions, there is when they are mandatory.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    There is nothing inherently wrong with unions, there is when they are mandatory.
    Dude, if you dont mind saying; what do you do? Like for a living.

I'm having a hard time creating a mental picture of you and knowing your profession would help.

Unless you'd prefer to post an actual picture of yourself in which case, nevermind the question.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    Dude, if you dont mind saying; what do you do? Like for a living.

I'm having a hard time creating a mental picture of you and knowing your profession would help.

Unless you'd prefer to post an actual picture of yourself in which case, nevermind the question.
    It might. I was a musician for about 20 years. Played in punk/thrash bands and involved in various levels of record labels from the time I was 15 until I decided to be home with the family about 10 years ago. I also owned and operated two record stores and a club in the 90’s and early 2000’s. Pretty much retired these days.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It might. I was a musician for about 20 years. Played in punk/thrash bands and involved in various levels of record labels from the time I was 15 until I decided to be home with the family about 10 years ago. I also owned and operated two record stores and a club in the 90’s and early 2000’s. Pretty much retired these days.
    very cool! So you're a street smart Hustler and very well read. Dude, I totally dig the cut of your jib!

and I was so freakin off in my mental image - I had you pegged as a buff market analyst! Can you believe it!

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    where ?
    dont tell him! He'll promise you stardom but steal your soul!!!!

Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    very cool! So you're a street smart Hustler and very well read. Dude, I totally dig the cut of your jib!
    Likewise.

and I was so freakin off in my mental image - I had you pegged as a buff market analyst! Can you believe it!
    lol, working on the buff part. market analyst, not so much.

Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    where ?
    Where did I own a club? Chapel Hill, NC.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    This is what he keep saying, Union jobs!

I understand Unions a very long time ago were formed to protect workers.

I’ve never worked for a Union myself, but I never liked the idea of paying dues and being forced to go on strike, I’d much rather just apply to other jobs and move up, plus pay increases from strikes and protests don’t really show much increase in the pockets as because the companies just raise any expense to even it all out.
    The REASON unions were formed a long time ago is because at the time there were no legal protections for workers. No vacations, no 8 hour day, no weekends, no safety protections, no protections from harassment or cheating by the corporation. Workers were just about helpless without them.

Since then, government has stepped in a created a legal framework to provide many of the protections that unions were formed to provide. So on the face of it, unions are far less relevant than they originally were. And it's also true that the reputation and effectiveness of unions were sullied pretty quickly by organized crime and corruption among union management, once they gained power.

I agree with you that unions aren't nearly as effective as they've claimed to be, or as they should be.

The problem is, government is mostly owned by the same corporate interests that unions were originally formed to protect workers from. That's one reason minimum wage hasn't increased in many years, even as inflation has continued. Many companies are trying to redefine their workforce, to consider them all independent contractors, so that they don't have to provide insurance benefits or employee protections. So more and more workers are losing these protections. I think unions are going to become more relevant again.

I don't particularly care for unions either, I've had some unpleasant experiences with them. But if we want to put them behind us and break them, then the government is going to have to become active and ensure that workers are protected from exploitation and dirty corporate tricks. And the only way that will work is if the corporations do not own the government.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    The REASON unions were formed a long time ago is because at the time there were no legal protections for workers. No vacations, no 8 hour day, no weekends, no safety protections, no protections from harassment or cheating by the corporation. Workers were just about helpless without them.

Since then, government has stepped in a created a legal framework to provide many of the protections that unions were formed to provide. So on the face of it, unions are far less relevant than they originally were. And it's also true that the reputation and effectiveness of unions were sullied pretty quickly by organized crime and corruption among union management, once they gained power.

I agree with you that unions aren't nearly as effective as they've claimed to be, or as they should be.

The problem is, government is mostly owned by the same corporate interests that unions were originally formed to protect workers from. That's one reason minimum wage hasn't increased in many years, even as inflation has continued. Many companies are trying to redefine their workforce, to consider them all independent contractors, so that they don't have to provide insurance benefits or employee protections. So more and more workers are losing these protections. I think unions are going to become more relevant again.

I don't particularly care for unions either, I've had some unpleasant experiences with them. But if we want to put them behind us and break them, then the government is going to have to become active and ensure that workers are protected from exploitation and dirty corporate tricks. And the only way that will work is if the corporations do not own the government.

My father used say, Joey, a job is more than a paycheck. That is one of many repeated Biden stories to avoid a question.

How did this guy who went to a state college and was a professor or teacher end up making god knows how much money and setup his kid in lucrative rackets in making god knows how much from foreign nations and knowing nothing about the job?

El, it don’t take a genius to figure out that Senators and even VPs don’t get paid that much, so where does Biden aka “the big guy” get that money??????

He ain’t got a Buildings with his name on it across the country, buddy!

"Certified" Reel Nutz mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My experience with unions is limited, but I did learn that they are good at protecting the deadwood.
    𝓐𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷 1976 - 1999 - 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 1960'𝓼

ᖇᗴ丅Ꭵᖇᗴᗪ ᗩ丅 40 ᑕᖇᗴᗯ - ᔕᗝᑕᎥᗩᒪ ᗪᎥᔕ丅ᗩᑎᑕᎥᑎǤ ᗴ᙭ᑭᗴᖇ丅 - ᒪᎥᐯᎥᑎǤ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰ

ƚo| ɒ ꙅɿɘʞʞuꟻ bᴎɒ ɿɘʞʞuꟻ ꙅᴎuoᴎoɿq ɿɘbᴎɘǫ ɘʜƚ ɘꙅu I

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My experience with unions is rather extensive and has been very positive over 2+ decades working with one. My disclaimer is that I'm Canadian and work in the health/mental health field, so YMMV.
    They not only protect the deadwood but also fight against the tyranny of oppressive governments and managers while ensuring safe working environments and fair wages.

Years ago I was very sick from work and off of work. While my benefits were taking forever going through bureaucratic red tape and I was going broke. I informed the union of my status and they paid my essential bills for a month until my benefits kicked in. They asked for nothing in return.

When I was green at the workplace and my manager asked me to do something unethical and I protested, my union was there. Knowing the union had my back I was able to speak out against unethical treatment they were prescribing a teen patient. I held onto that position for years while the perpetrators were quietly transferred and the teen spared.

I think a lot of this depends on your line of work and the way individual union groups operate. Some are good, some bad, and some simply horrible.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure about that. Not being a closed shop allows the teeth to be knocked out of the union. Then, what's the point?

It's hard to just say union/good union/bad. It really is dependent on the union leadership, the industry ect.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Not sure about that. Not being a closed shop allows the teeth to be knocked out of the union. Then, what's the point?

It's hard to just say union/good union/bad. It really is dependent on the union leadership, the industry ect.
    I think it depends on the circumstance too. We have about every trade represented in my industry. What drives me crazy is when union related divisions of labor result in reduced worker safety. An example would be electrical operators (medium voltage) not being able to use “tools” instead having to call for an electrician to open the bolts on a switchgear, but now they are in a room where technically they shouldn’t be in because the equipment is over 6kv. There are a lot of other minor annoyances I deal with day to day, but overall I try to use the unions to accomplish my goals and am usually successful when I make a good argument for them to push for something or throttle back on other things. The leadership of the union does make a huge difference though.

BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000)
    The union axe swings both ways.

I have a union job (healthcare). The ups are we get our contract renewed every 5 years, get pay raises, bonuses and management can't boss us around.
    However, in my sector, I work super long hours, work like a dog and we have some lame asses that only show up at work to get a paycheck and we ALL get paid the same. Plus I have a lead role but can't push too much on some team members cos the union rules come into play.

We had a night shift guy last year who was fired cos he was found sleeping in the company vehicle in the parking lot (caught on camera). He called the union and told him he was having "work stress". Union got HR involved......he got his job back and also went on some sorta "stress management" class for a month and got paid at the same time. He still works with us.
    July15th, 2013 ==>155 lbs
    Current => 175lbs

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a union job. It has its pros and cons.

Pros - they fight for a lot of better benefits, healthcare, etc. for us and really push back when we are being screwed. Which is a lot so it helps a lot.

Cons - they keep the turds around.