fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Putting together full body functional workouts

I'm in NY and gyms are STILL closed but i have to say that I've enjoyed doing at home, full body functional type workouts that mix together both HIIT/plyometric movements as well as some strength training movements. I've been following a free 12 week program on youtube (Heather Robertson) and enjoying it but it will be coming to an end soon.... So I was wondering if there is some kind of template I can follow to put my own full body routines together.... I see people putting random workouts together all the time like this but I don't understand how they pick the exercises to do to make sure everything is balanced. My focus is on lower body and abs.

The only template I came up with is something like this:

HIIT/Plyometric movement
    Lower body exercise + upper body exercise
    Ab movement
    HIIT/Plyometric movement
    Lower body exercise
    Ab movement

So maybe it would be something like this, 40 seconds on, 15 second rest, for a certain number of rounds:

Jump Squats
    Lunge to shoulder press
    Planks
    Burpees
    KB Swings
    Crunches

But i feel like there are so many variables - am i doing enough exercises? should i be doing it for reps or for time?? how many rounds should I do? Should i do less rounds but throw in a few more exercises? does it matter?

Maybe I am overthinking it.....

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by fitfanatic123 View Post
    I'

But i feel like there are so many variables - am i doing enough exercises? should i be doing it for reps or for time?? how many rounds should I do? Should i do less rounds but throw in a few more exercises? does it matter?

Maybe I am overthinking it.....
    You are overthinking it. My suggestion would be to google search "prison workout". You'll find an endless amount of routines/programs/exercises that you can do with your bodyweight in your own priso...I mean home.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    40s on 15 off is a HIIT protocol and aerobic based,
    if that's your only goal that's cool, but you make it sound like you are seeking some form of anaerobic resistance training type results as well?

If this is the case, I would focus on picking a Lower body compound, upper body push, upper pull. 2 accessories of choice a workout.

Example,
    goblet or pistol squat
    push up variation that allows you to hit failure within a 3-15 rep range ideally.
    pull up/row variation of the same.

2 accessories, could be a ab exercise (rkc plank, hanging leg raise) arm (tricep dips, band or db curls) rear delts (face pulls with band) side delts (lat raises). etc

probably do this 4-5x a week. keeping reps within a 3-20 range and close to failure where possible. sets.. 4-5+

add weight or change to harder variations when suitable
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee