Ady20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BUFF Dudes DIY power rack.

Hi guys.

I am building myself a power rack. Unfortunately I cannot do the 45 degree connectors out of wood that the buff dudes are doing with my current equipment. I will use instead some 1x5 studs (2.5cmx13cm ish lumber).

In this situation do you guys think using ``reinforced 90 degree steel connectors`` will bring a big + or benefit to the stability of my power rack or I can just go with the simple ones that the buff dudes used, that were not reinforced.

Thank you all a lot for you opinions. Cheers.

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Used power racks are so cheap, I wouldnt even bother with building a wood one. Your resale value is zero, just fyi. Others are going to say the same thing, go find yourself a used metal rack.

Even your cheapest consumer grade metal rack is going to be better than any wood one you are going to build.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    Used power racks are so cheap, I wouldnt even bother with building a wood one. Your resale value is zero, just fyi. Others are going to say the same thing, go find yourself a used metal rack.

Even your cheapest consumer grade metal rack is going to be better than any wood one you are going to build.
    I don't have any input on building a DIY rack, but currently used workout equipment is neither cheap nor readily available due to everyone buying up stuff to keep working out at home now that gyms are closed.

Ady20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wood is pretty cheap in my country. With all the materials I can build a nice power rack (like the buff dudes one) for max 60 dollars. This including all the piping and everything.

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not sure about your area, but racks are neither cheap nor plentiful now in my area, totally the opposite in fact. WHile you're right, there's zero resale in a wood rack option, and generally correct that in a normal, non-COVID-19 situation, a metal rack is always going to be your best option, but right now, I'd say get two plastic buckets, fill it with cement and get two planks of wood and just use that right now.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    Not sure about your area, but racks are neither cheap nor plentiful now in my area, totally the opposite in fact. WHile you're right, there's zero resale in a wood rack option, and generally correct that in a normal, non-COVID-19 situation, a metal rack is always going to be your best option, but right now, I'd say get two plastic buckets, fill it with cement and get two planks of wood and just use that right now.
    Agreed. I'm selling some stuff right now that's been sitting around and people are messaging me about squat racks, power racks, etc. There's none to be found
    Garage Gym Owner