dimap1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with protein shakes

I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered. Ive been lifting for many years now, never competitive, just to stay in shape and sane. Every protein shake Ive trained in the past (Whey, isolate, and now dymatize hydrolyzed iso100) I feel bloated and gassy. I attribute this to a partial lactose intolerance however, idk if I should drop shakes all together, or look into plant based powder???

Recently Ive been trying to put on more muscle, and have improved my diet, getting my 3-4 meals of chicken and rice in, and eating healthy, with occasional cardio. Im seeing some results, getting stronger in the gym, but when I drink my shake immediately afterwards, I usually suffer the following day.

Is there something im missing? Am i drinking them improperly? Should I be drinking something else or just avoiding them completely?

Thank you in advance

Registered User dylanstephens54's Avatar
    dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I havent personly tried plant based ones but my mate is similar to you and after swaping to them he had no issues

They are fair bit more expensive though

DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DreamChasinJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're making your recommended daily protein intake you shouldn't need shakes to help. Maybe give up the shakes altogether and attempt to reach protein #s through whole foods.
    I'll tell you one thing I'm also lactose intolerant and have tried plant-based while the stomach issues went away, the shakes were so gross I just quit them completely. Meet my protein# through my meals.

Hope this helps.
    Stick with me, I'll get there.

yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you able to meet your protein intake for the day even without the shakes? If so, it might help to get protein through real foods or switch to plant based protein and see if that helps with the bloating.
    MuscleTech Representative

*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*

I'll try anything twice. capnutra's Avatar
    capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) capnutra has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Brown Rice Protein &/or Pea Protein are easier on the stomach in my experience.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't... you're right."