Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Figures i would revive this thread

My life took a turn for the worst three years ago when my dad got cancer. I’ve been taking care of him since the beginning until he passed this last March. I also Tore my ACL a year ago and am awaiting surgery. Long story short I also battled an opiate addiction and two months ago at nearly 290 pounds I got fed up and got sober and decided to get my life back on track. Heading on eight weeks of cutting on September 15th And I’m already down to 242 pounds. I’ve got a different approach to my calorie intake and I’m fasting for 36 hours from sunday pm to tuesday am.

I was unsure I wanted to revive this thread or start a new one but anyways I’ll have progress pictures up shortly!

Cheers!

Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ace Corona has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JohnCyr View Post
    Figures i would revive this thread

My life took a turn for the worst three years ago when my dad got cancer. I’ve been taking care of him since the beginning until he passed this last March. I also Tore my ACL a year ago and am awaiting surgery. Long story short I also battled an opiate addiction and two months ago at nearly 290 pounds I got fed up and got sober and decided to get my life back on track. Heading on eight weeks of cutting on September 15th And I’m already down to 242 pounds. I’ve got a different approach to my calorie intake and I’m fasting for 36 hours from sunday pm to tuesday am.

I was unsure I wanted to revive this thread or start a new one but anyways I’ll have progress pictures up shortly!

Cheers!
    We’re all rooting for you, things happen. I went from 254 to 204, and now I’m 280, so I need to diet and exercise too.
    “If you are born to the iron, you’ll know it the first time you lift” —-Joe Weider

pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10) pergol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck man,

You did it once, you can do it again

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi John,

I remember you. I also put some of the weight back on. Not all of it but a lot of it. Mostly due to lack of mental discipline.

I started my new cut at the end of July and I lost 32 lbs so far. Feeling great.

I am sure you can get back to where you were. It looks like you already have a good start. Keep it up.

JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

PROGRESS PICS 2019 - 8 weeks!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I have decided to keep this thread going.. Mainly because if showing others that you can achieve something like this and mess up... you can do it again. No shame in messing up.

Weighed in this AM at 239 pounds. Havent been this weight in over 3 years... this is a great milestone for me. Weight loss will most likely be between 2-4lbs a week for the next month or two i'm assuming, which is fair given all I have to lose. Will re assess my routines when I reach 220 or should I hit a plateau.

Please let me know if you cant see my pics.
    Attached Images

estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey!
    Nice progress so far!

I’m trying to lose weight as well. What drives me crazy is the inconsistency, especially when working out. Water fluctuations really give me a hard time. It's like I plateau for 6 days of the week and then lose everything at once.
    In avg I lose around 2.5 lbs a week.
    I'm doing OMAD with a focus on protein. Most days are 1300-1500kcal.

How does your current diet look like? What's your avg weight loss per week and how do you deal with water fluctuations?

Thanks and all the best!
    Stefan

Originally Posted by estikei View Post
    Hey!
    Nice progress so far!

I’m trying to lose weight as well. What drives me crazy is the inconsistency, especially when working out. Water fluctuations really give me a hard time. It's like I plateau for 6 days of the week and then lose everything at once.
    In avg I lose around 2.5 lbs a week.
    I'm doing OMAD with a focus on protein. Most days are 1300-1500kcal.

How does your current diet look like? What's your avg weight loss per week and how do you deal with water fluctuations?

Thanks and all the best!
    Stefan
    Yeah I feel you 100%... The problem is weighing yourself everyday can drive you nuts and obsessed. It sure does to me.. For example.. Monday AM I was 240.4...Monday before bed at 9pm, I was 244 as I ate my one meal around 1pm..had bacon/sausage and 3 eggs...greek yougurt.. But when I woke up on Tuesday I was 239.1. Pissed twice that night and what not... It really depends on your sodium/carb intake IMO.

Ive felt like I plateaued at 244 for two weeks lately... managed to break it and drop in the 230's this week though... On my 2015 cut... I was doing a IIFYM approach at 1600-1900 cals... when I plateaued, I would have a big ass cheat meal with cake, pizza etc... gain 7-8lbs overnight and lose it all again in 4 days...then my plateau would break...

This time, I'm mainly doing a lazy man's keto diet...not eating many carbs... like once or twice a week i'll have one slice of rye bread toast or some maple syrup In my yougurt and coffee..

Ive been off work for two months and just got back this week so my routine is changing... LAst 2 months was fasted workouts at 7:30 AM... then OMAD big ass breaky... eggs, bacon, sausage and beans... and sometimes light dinner such as salmon...chicken or a steak. I do fast from Sunday evening to Tuesday AM as well. This might change a little due to going back to work but that's basically what ive been doing these last 2 months!!

I average a weight loss of 3-4lbs per week. Same as my last cut in 2015.
    Transformation Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177716261&p=1591136601#post1591136601

2019-07-16 - 291 pounds
    2020-04-29 - 173 pounds

estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10) estikei is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The dieting part is what I’m missing. Like mentioned: OMAD for me, but I don’t do any extended fasting. When you talk Keto, I presume there’s a lot of protein in your diet anyway? Usually this doesn’t match really well with strict Keto, but I get what you’re saying with lazy mans Keto.
    Any insights into your macros? Sorry, but I might just copy what you’re doing

Originally Posted by estikei View Post
    The dieting part is what I’m missing. Like mentioned: OMAD for me, but I don’t do any extended fasting. When you talk Keto, I presume there’s a lot of protein in your diet anyway? Usually this doesn’t match really well with strict Keto, but I get what you’re saying with lazy mans Keto.
    Any insights into your macros? Sorry, but I might just copy what you’re doing
    I'm not really counting cals to be honest.

Typical day would be:

-3 eggs
    -3 slices of bacon
    -half an avocado
    -3cm cube of cheddar cheese
    -2 to 3 scoops of protein isolate
    -6-8 oz of meat... steak, chicken, fish, sometimes seafood and a cup or two of greens (usually broccoli or asparagus or green beans)
    -heavy cream and parmesan depending on the recipe.

sometimes I add a little greek yougurt and berries and one rye toast and 2 oz baked beans maybe twice a week.

I don't really have cheat meals.. I think I had one in 8 weeks ( chocolate dipped iced cream, bacon cheeseburger, mashed potatoes, deep fried pickles and a corndog lol) but that was my OMAD post fasting and didn't gain weight lol

supplements I take omega 3, multivitamin, tribulus stack, BPI A-HD test support, and Allmax ZMA.

Ive also been taking Concerta for my ADHD for the last 12 weeks which helped as it cut my hunger by a good 30-40%.

a good 4 litres of water per day and 8-10 hours of sleep if I can... I have a 16 month old so yeah... not always lol
    Transformation Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177716261&p=1591136601#post1591136601

2019-07-16 - 291 pounds
    2020-04-29 - 173 pounds

Quick update. Down to 196.5 this am from 288lbs in July. If you wanna follow the new thread - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1591136601

2019-07-16 - 291 pounds
    2020-04-29 - 173 pounds

ksha98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey
    Congratulations on your amazing transformation.
    I also had a journey going from 96 kg to 71 kg.
    But i still have the lower back fat so should i drop more kgs and consume lesser calories??
    i have my current photo on the bodyspace from some reasons i a unable to attach link to my thread

Originally Posted by ksha98 View Post
    Hey
    Congratulations on your amazing transformation.
    I also had a journey going from 96 kg to 71 kg.
    But i still have the lower back fat so should i drop more kgs and consume lesser calories??
    i have my current photo on the bodyspace from some reasons i a unable to attach link to my thread
    Thank you!!! In my case, lower abdomen and back fat was last to go! weighted back raises and hanging leg raises helped me at that time. Some men respond well to CLA supplements with regards to stubborn belly fat. Slow and steady loss (1lbs per week) still is the way to go! Youre not too far off!!

2019-07-16 - 291 pounds
    2020-04-29 - 173 pounds