Bodzah is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny fat at wits end, just don't know which route to go for my body

I used to be a little chubby when I was younger and got some fat on my chest that I don't like.
    I was 70kg and 6'2 and started the gym, i bulked up to around 87kg but wittled down to 83kg from not eating right/holidays etc so i wasn't doing it on purpose.

i decided to stop bulking because ultimately all i ever wanted was to get this fat off chest and get rid of a 'man boob' look so went on a misson and decided to cut to whatever weight it took to get there. i started at 82kg 6'3, im now 76kg and have lost noticable weight on my stomach but not the chest. Now i feel like I am just getting too skinny and the fat is still there, according to my PT at the gym im 11% BF which I struggle to believe.

even though i'm a lot lighter then i was back then i'm stronger and a hell of a lot lighter.

now i'm thinking I should just do a huge bulk again and then cut and add muscle to the fat area to fill it out but feel like i'm just bulking then cutting and keep changing my mind and getting nowhere.

I have decided to post this because I just need advice based on my body what you would suggest. I need a kick up the ass so feel free to give me any abuse you can think of!

any comments greatly appreciated, good or bad
    Attached Images

BigNutJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey mate in your case you definitely want to add some muscle mass, even if you are slightly increasing your body fat% it will make a world of difference to your physique and you wont even notice the chest fat anymore.

FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep lifting and progressing. The more muscle you build, the better it will look when you cut, otherwise you will stay "skinny fat". I think you should slow bulk and develop more muscle. At that point you should cut and see where you stand. It will likely be a nice improvement.

Best of luck

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

In my head I always thought if I add muscle to the fat then it's just going to look worse, I'm going to start at the start of September

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Bodzah View Post
    Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

In my head I always thought if I add muscle to the fat then it's just going to look worse, I'm going to start at the start of September
    It's the right decision. Don't get put off when eating slightly above maintenance causes some water retention or bloating. This happens to a lot of people and they never really build enough muscle as a consequence.

If you have muscle on your frame, you can get away with a higher BF% and still look good. It also makes dieting easier without needing to eat like a bird.

From the picture what body fat would you estimate at? I always thought I was closer to 20 then 10

Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bodzah View Post
    From the picture what body fat would you estimate at? I always thought I was closer to 20 then 10
    maybe 17%?

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Blitzilla View Post
    maybe 17%?
    I reckon you're more like 14% - not fat at all, just skinny.

I always thought I was. To be fair I've put on muscle and lost fat since I started. I'm the lightest I've been in years, Im looking forward to bulking. Thanks all for your comments

mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mrfjsf294 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would bulk for sure if I were in your shoes. If you keep cutting, i doubt you will be happy with the results unless your end goal is to just simply have a low bf%. Build some muscle, gain a little fat in the process, then do a cut to see what you've gained.