GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Rate my progress on bulking

Hi everyone. Im 16 turning 17 my height is 170cm/5'7 and my weight currently is 69.9/154lbs. I started bulking 15 weeks ago i started at 145lbs. And hoping to bulk for another 1-2months
    My lifts have increase decently
    I was wondering if anyone could rate my progress and tell me wheter i gain mostly fat or muscle? And whats my before and after bodyfat%?

Here is some pics
    https://imgur.com/a/FpzJCFu
    https://imgur.com/a/vsRSr4a

Ill rep as many people that reply
    Last edited by GeofGolden; 07-25-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hard to say. Can't really visually estimate bodyfat % at your age, at least not reliably. If you're happy with your progress and want to keep bulking than go for it.

GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Hard to say. Can't really visually estimate bodyfat % at your age, at least not reliably. If you're happy with your progress and want to keep bulking than go for it.
    Do i look like i gain muscle or mostly fat

BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what were before and after lifts.

Also what routine are you running. you do look a little leaner in the after which is good
    July 2019 Stats

5'9 153 10%

db shoulder press: 75x9
    db row: 120x8
    bench: 195x6
    squat: 300x5

Men’s Physique: 43 weeks out.

Goal: 160 5-7% on stage

Originally Posted by BHFK View Post
    what were before and after lifts.

Also what routine are you running. you do look a little leaner in the after which is good
    Do you know which one is before and after since i did not mention? The red shorts are before green shorts are after except for the third one.

The second link i did mention which is which.

Im currently doing fierce 5, been doing it for a year now
    My small lifts havent increase much but my compound does increase much

Bench:60kg 5reps to 60kg 9 reps (Rest between sets went from 3-4 min to only 2 min)
    Ohp:40kg 5 reps to 45kg 5reps
    Deadlift:70kg 8 reps to 90kg 8 reps
    Bend over rows:55kg 8reps to 57.5kg 12reps

Reverse flies:10kg 12reps to 12.5kg 11reps

I could bench 65kg for 5 but due to equipment factor i couldnt add more weight since i train at home.
    Last edited by GeofGolden; 07-26-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Bump

Slideshot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GeofGolden View Post
    Bump
    dude u are geTting to much FAT .. Try lowering your caloric intake.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For a 15 week bulk, I don't feel like you're making much progress on your lifts...

Bench:60kg 5reps to 60kg 9 reps (Rest between sets went from 3-4 min to only 2 min)
    Ohp:40kg 5 reps to 45kg 5reps
    Deadlift:70kg 8 reps to 90kg 8 reps
    Bend over rows:55kg 8reps to 57.5kg 12reps

Reverse flies:10kg 12reps to 12.5kg 11reps

Originally Posted by Slideshot View Post
    dude u are geTting to much FAT .. Try lowering your caloric intake.
    Hmm. Thats weird 200-300calories is my everyday surplus and ive been gaining 2lbs a month

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    For a 15 week bulk, I don't feel like you're making much progress on your lifts...
    Hi. So whats a good progress on the lifts? Putting 5lbs on the bar everyweek will eventually come to a halt very very soon. I appreciate the reply , what do you think about my fat gain did i gain too much?

BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just because you’re in a small surplus doesn’t mean you won’t gain fat, especially if you’re training or sleep or combination is ****.

you’re lifts barely went up for what they could in 15 weeks, especially since they aren’t high to begin with. You added 4 reps to your bench in 15 weeks, or ~ 20 lbs to your 1rm. That’s decent progress for someone who’s already at intermediate / advanced standards. for a beginner tho you could’ve progressed much faster, if not 5 lbs a week atleast 5 lbs every week and a half/ 2 weeks. I’m around your weight right now and I added 20 lbs to my bench in half the time when my bench is already 1.5x + my body weight

Originally Posted by BHFK View Post
    just because you’re in a small surplus doesn’t mean you won’t gain fat, especially if you’re training or sleep or combination is ****.

you’re lifts barely went up for what they could in 15 weeks, especially since they aren’t high to begin with. You added 4 reps to your bench in 15 weeks, or ~ 20 lbs to your 1rm. That’s decent progress for someone who’s already at intermediate / advanced standards. for a beginner tho you could’ve progressed much faster, if not 5 lbs a week atleast 5 lbs every week and a half/ 2 weeks. I’m around your weight right now and I added 20 lbs to my bench in half the time when my bench is already 1.5x + my body weight
    So what advice would you give me? I really find bench press hard to progress on compare to other lifts. I mean 5lbs every week for 6 months thats 120lbs increase and seems unrealistic.

I probably can progress more but due to my equiment limitation i cant , not that i cant buy more weights but my bench is old and i dont think it can handle much more than 350lbs.
    Last edited by GeofGolden; 07-29-2019 at 12:37 AM.

So what advice would you give me? I really find bench press hard to progress on compare to other lifts. I mean 5lbs every week for 6 months thats 120lbs increase and seems unrealistic.

I probably can progress more but due to my equiment limitation i cant , not that i cant buy more weights but my bench is old and i dont think it can handle much more than 350lbs.
    Try to get a gym membership.

obviously it’s unrealistic to keep on adding 5 lbs every week, but your lifts are low enough where adding 5 lbs a week could be possible for a few months.

you also said you train at home so maybe we you aren’t doing nearly enough volume or don’t have the means to do so

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I really find bench press hard to progress on compare to other lifts. I mean 5lbs every week for 6 months thats 120lbs increase and seems unrealistic.
    So let's be "real". Saying 5 pounds a weeks seems unrealistic, is one thing, but you have not added 5 pounds a MONTH, much less a week. On bench press, you've added 1 rep every 4 weeks. (And your lifts shouldn't be anywhere near the point where progress is that slow.)

What workout are you following? As BFHK said, above, you need to join a gym or at least buy more weights.

So let's be "real". Saying 5 pounds a weeks seems unrealistic, is one thing, but you have not added 5 pounds a MONTH, much less a week. On bench press, you've added 1 rep every 4 weeks. (And your lifts shouldn't be anywhere near the point where progress is that slow.)

What workout are you following? As BFHK said, above, you need to join a gym or at least buy more weights.
    Okay, thanks for the advice ill buy more weights until the bench reah its max load capacity then ill switch my workout to the gym instead of home. Forgot to add i do go to the gym but only on workout B day. Btw yesterday i manage to bench 65kg for 5. If i hit 75kg for 5 at the end of my bulk is it good?

Im currently following fierce 5. How about my other lifts? Is it decent or just bad aswell?
    Last edited by GeofGolden; 07-29-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Im currently following fierce 5.

How about my other lifts? Is it decent or just bad aswell?
    No, you are not following Fierce 5. You might be "doing the workout" but if you were following Fierce 5, you would have added to your lifts or done many, many deloads/resets.

Progress on other lifts pretty much just as bad.

No, you are not following Fierce 5. You might be "doing the workout" but if you were following Fierce 5, you would have added to your lifts or done many, many deloads/resets.

Progress on other lifts pretty much just as bad.
    Hi may i know whats the point of reseting the lift by 10-15% besides correcting the form?

Hi may i know whats the point of reseting the lift by 10-15% besides correcting the form?
    Well, something is keeping you from progressing. Dropping down and then going back up can/might help break through. Continuing doing what your doing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. ;-)