InPhiKnight is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I want my first cut tips

I have been hitting the gym and eating alot for a long time(diet haven't been consistent tho) and did gain some body definition. I didn't begin with a low body fat itself. So now I can't even see my abs and I have a little bit of a hanging out tummy. I really want to cut fat but I am don't want to stop my progress with my bulk.

Any tips or ideas on what should I do? I will cut for 1.5 months for sure this summer vacations but I also want to keep progressing with my muscle gain.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post a pic for a better answer.

Although gaining muscle can be done on a small deficit of calories (called a recomp/ maintenance training) the progress is generally slower and most people aren't willing to wait potentially months if not years to see significant results.

If you want to see results quicker one way or another then pick a goal. Cut calorie for more definition and lose fat OR eat a small surplus of calories whilst progressively overloading your muscle through weight training and gain muscle.

If you need someone to help decide which would be the best choice then post a full body pic of yourself.

MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MikeWrightMPS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by InPhiKnight View Post
    I have been hitting the gym and eating alot for a long time(diet haven't been consistent tho) and did gain some body definition. I didn't begin with a low body fat itself. So now I can't even see my abs and I have a little bit of a hanging out tummy. I really want to cut fat but I am don't want to stop my progress with my bulk.

Any tips or ideas on what should I do? I will cut for 1.5 months for sure this summer vacations but I also want to keep progressing with my muscle gain.
    seeing the pic would be great! but in general, I would suggest starting focusing on your abs exercise, and your cardio that would really make an effect, aside that's obvious no fast food and super healthy diet!

InPhiKnight is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Post a pic for a better answer.

Although gaining muscle can be done on a small deficit of calories (called a recomp/ maintenance training) the progress is generally slower and most people aren't willing to wait potentially months if not years to see significant results.

If you want to see results quicker one way or another then pick a goal. Cut calorie for more definition and lose fat OR eat a small surplus of calories whilst progressively overloading your muscle through weight training and gain muscle.

If you need someone to help decide which would be the best choice then post a full body pic of yourself.
    I have decided to cut alright. I was just searching for a way(if there were any) to still keep gaining muscle mass while on a cut.

Edit: I want to cut the maximum amount of fat in this 1.5months. So I guess this recomp thing might not be best for me?

How should I change my diet and training while on a cut? And also I want to be doing other things with a healthy mind(I heard extreme cuts lowers one's thinking ability during that period)

Thanks 😊

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by InPhiKnight View Post
    I have decided to cut alright. I was just searching for a way(if there were any) to still keep gaining muscle mass while on a cut.

Edit: I want to cut the maximum amount of fat in this 1.5months. So I guess this recomp thing might not be best for me?

How should I change my diet and training while on a cut? And also I want to be doing other things with a healthy mind(I heard extreme cuts lowers one's thinking ability during that period)

Thanks ������

The slower you cut, the bigger the chance is for you to gain muscle. Small deficits actually have all the benefits, except time of course.

The "standard" is to aim for a 500 deficit, which would mean a IRL loss of 1 lbs/week on average.

The fast approach is a 1000 deficit, aka 2lbs/week.

Usually we don't recommend going faster than that unless someone is obese.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "