ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)

Injured at 8 weeks out

I also posted this in my journal, but thought I might get more traffic out here..

Day 88 and upper body training,as of this morning, has come to a halt. My shoulder is pretty beat up and damaged. I am told no upper training for 8 weeks, then pt, then possibly surgery.

So here we are with 8 weeks to go and I don't know what to do. I can continue to train lower body and do cardio for the the remaining time and hope the upper body muscle loss is not that significant ( lets be real though.....right) and keep the date for the shoot. I could postpone it, but I really really don't want to do that, or I could move it up a few weeks and even though I will not be quite as lean as I had hoped, be happy with that.

My original thoughts were to just keep plugging for the 8 weeks. Train lower body, abs 3 times per week, and keep cardio where it is...

So....advice anyone?

mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know the extent of your injury, but 8 weeks seems like a really long time before beginning any kind of pt. I had an injury shortly after starting lifting where my shoulder locked in the up position in a dumbbell press exercise, lost my balance, and basically snapped my chit up. After a few days I could move my shoulder with limited mobility, and just worked very light exercises like arm circles, stretching, and band pulls on and off.

In my experience, when you have recovered to a point where you can do any level of pt painlessly, you should be doing it.
    **Jump rope crew**
    **Clarence Kennedy worshipper crew**

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mokkowollio View Post
    I don't know the extent of your injury, but 8 weeks seems like a really long time before beginning any kind of pt. I had an injury shortly after starting lifting where my shoulder locked in the up position in a dumbbell press exercise, lost my balance, and basically snapped my chit up. After a few days I could move my shoulder with limited mobility, and just worked very light exercises like arm circles, stretching, and band pulls on and off.

In my experience, when you have recovered to a point where you can do any level of pt painlessly, you should be doing it.
    Its a grade 5? ac joint separation. No physio til I can get in to a surgeon, which in my neck of the woods will take at least 2 months. So thats where I am at. I moved up my photoshoot to next week.