RlTHVIK is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not Losing Weight

First off, i know i've been weighing my food and tracking my macros correctly. But im at 2000 calories now at 5'7 205.6 lbs and cannot seem to lose weight lifting 5-6x a week (im on a 6 day split but because of the weather it's been 5 some weeks). my myfitnesspal is open, my username is: rithvikk. Why am i not losing weight? Should my deficit be even lower? Is it because of the meds im taking (ritalin, *****, and trazedone).

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    meds can't defy the laws of nature. There is only one reason you aren't losing weight - you are consuming more (or the same) energy as you burn.

Perhaps you are miscounting - perhaps not. Either way, the answer is to reduce calories from whatever point you are at now to a lower point.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    meds can't defy the laws of nature. There is only one reason you aren't losing weight - you are consuming more (or the same) energy as you burn.

Perhaps you are miscounting - perhaps not. Either way, the answer is to reduce calories from whatever point you are at now to a lower point.
    My trainer had me on 2300, now has me on 2000 since yesterday. Should i give it a week and then adjust?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You gave the impression that you were on 2000 calories for the past 5 weeks - is that not the case? How long have you really been accurately counting your intake for.

Details matter.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You gave the impression that you were on 2000 calories for the past 5 weeks - is that not the case? How long have you really been accurately counting your intake for.

Details matter.
    I've been counting calories accurately for 3 weeks. I wasn't losing weight at 2300, so he bumped me down to 2200. I was gaining weight, and now at 2000 i haven't seen progress. It's only been a day but if after a week i haven't lost a pound do i go down to 1900 calories? Idk why im on such low calories at my BF and weight. Ive cut before but i don't remember how drastic my calories were.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RlTHVIK View Post
    First off, i know i've been weighing my food and tracking my macros correctly. But im at 2000 calories now at 5'7 205.6 lbs and cannot seem to lose weight lifting 5-6x a week (im on a 6 day split but because of the weather it's been 5 some weeks). my myfitnesspal is open, my username is: rithvikk. Why am i not losing weight? Should my deficit be even lower? Is it because of the meds im taking (ritalin, *****, and trazedone).
    You need to drop calories. drop to 1700 and sit there for a month. at 5-7 and 205 you have a lot of fat so don't be afraid of big deficits. If you keep flirting with small deficits you'll be cutting forever.
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 02-09-2019 at 09:27 AM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

I'd give it a solid 2 weeks at 2000 calories before changing anything. If still no joy, the reduce calories.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You need to drop calories. drop to 1700 and sit there for a month. at 5-7 and 205 you have a lot of fat so don't be afraid of big deficits. If you keep flirting with small deficits you'll be cutting forever.
    If i go to 1700 immediately won't i eventually plateau? And have to be on like 1200 calories to get to shredded levels?

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If i go to 1700 immediately won't i eventually plateau? And have to be on like 1200 calories to get to shredded levels?
    No it doesn't work like that. You plateau when your cals in and out match. At 1700 you may go all the way to the finish line with no plateau. One way to take forever cutting is by running a small deficit, plateau for 3 weeks, drop a few more cals, plateau AGAIN and keep this up and waste a ton of time plateauing constantly

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

No it doesn't work like that. You plateau when your cals in and out match. At 1700 you may go all the way to the finish line with no plateau. One way to take forever cutting is by running a small deficit, plateau for 3 weeks, drop a few more cals, plateau AGAIN and keep this up and waste a ton of time plateauing constantly
    aren't you prone to losing muscle mass this way? and usually i drop calories if i dont lose weight for a week.

aren't you prone to losing muscle mass this way? and usually i drop calories if i dont lose weight for a week.
    No not if you get in your protein and train properly. I'm 6-0 and 180 and cut on 1700 with no loss. A lot of the cal amounts depend on how active you are during the day. I'll repeat, with so much fat you can run a larger deficit.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

No not if you get in your protein and train properly. I'm 6-0 and 180 and cut on 1700 with no loss. A lot of the cal amounts depend on how active you are during the day. I'll repeat, with so much fat you can run a larger deficit.
    Alright i put myself at 1800 calories. 135 Carbs 50 Fat 203 Protein. When i get to a lower weight do i decrease protein and increase carbs?

Alright i put myself at 1800 calories. 135 Carbs 50 Fat 203 Protein. When i get to a lower weight do i decrease protein and increase carbs?
    decrease carbs and/or protein.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

decrease carbs and/or protein.
    i track my **** accurately unless my foodscale is weighing things wrong idk why im not losing weight.

down to 1700

i track my **** accurately unless my foodscale is weighing things wrong idk why im not losing weight.

down to 1700
    Stay at those cals for 3 weeks every day and you'll lose. If you don't lose then your tracking and counting is way off.

The key is to not take in 1,700 5 or 6 days a week and be higher on the other 1 0r 2 days. That would NOT be 1700 a day.

The best way is to track daily and figure weekly. Add 7 days of calories and divide by 7 and that is your actual daily amount,

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This actually answered my next question. Dont mean to steal the thread but Im 223 lbs at 5'11. My maintenance calories Ive figured at 2400 approximately. So what deficit could I safely run without risking muscle loss? Im assuming from this post around 1700-1800?

37 yo, Marysville WA illpinoise's Avatar
    illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

down to 1700
    assuming exercises and daily activities constant try this:
    1) Intake 1700 cals per day for 2 weeks
    2) weigh yourself every morning after urinating
    3) compare weekly averages (week 1 vs week 2)
    4) if you lose weight (0-1 lbs), maybe lower the daily intake for the third week or increase exercise
    5) if you lose weight (1-2 lbs), you're good!
    6) if you gain, then you're not counting properly
    7) repeat for weeks 3 and 4 and so on