Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    $27.00 an hour with A+ ? I call extreme b.s unless its an IT job in like a major us city, and the cost of living off sets the price

Credentials: A+ holder

Also Programming > IT Certs. Fight me.
    ★cVc★ OEFx2
    *Circumcised but Anti-Circumcision Crew*
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★ (2006 WRX, Stage 2, CAI)
    "Started from Wall Rose now the whole Recon Corp's fuarkin here"

faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by otakutrevan View Post
    $27.00 an hour with A+ ? I call extreme b.s unless its an IT job in like a major us city, and the cost of living off sets the price

Credentials: A+ holder

Place that offered me a help desk job recently was paying something around $27/hr. I was surprised too.
    "There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle." -Gym Jones
    "The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts." - Marcus Aurelius

?start=(#seconds)

TAMU Corps
    Skydiving
    Great Divide Mountain Bike Route (Jasper AB to Juarez MX) 2014
    Appalachian Trail 2013

The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The_Trooper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CaliSuperSport View Post
    idk how you brahs do IT. Seems dry and boring as fuk.
    it kills the soul so fukken much brah

Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I wish I could land a job with my A+. I've been unemployed for two months. I got my A+ in December and have only gotten a phone interview and a call from a recruiter. Both have ghosted me since. I revised my resume yesterday to see if it would help. Only time will tell.

Meanwhile *******s on reddit are landing entry level/tier 1 help desk gigs with no certs.

"All you need is customer service and people skills hurrrrr"

Then the smug ******* managers wanna chip in...

"Certs aren't worth anything. A+ was a waste of time, and means nothing on a resume hurrrrrr" Then tell that to your chitbag HR team and resume filters.

Then HR chips in.

"Entry level? Deep understanding of Windows server 2012, 2016. 3-5 Years of technical experience. Advanced knowledge and experience with DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP. Bachelors degree in a related field preferred.....

Starting at $12.50 hourly"

Fuk you.

How much "experience" do I NEED for a fukn TIER 1 help desk job? For fuk sakes.

Catch 22 of peace.
    Last edited by Voidgaze; 02-05-2019 at 12:08 AM.

arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000) arabianvenom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OSUBBall23 View Post
    My job sucks so bad right now. My current job can’t be any worse or boring.

My employer is paying for 80% of my IT masters program so I guess that is a plus.

Besides the certifications, any programming languages I should familiar with?
    Join us in the IT thread boyo, I work in Cyber Security and just started posting there myself

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...32001&page=143

SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Voidgaze View Post
    I wish I could land a job with my A+. I've been unemployed for two months. I got my A+ in December and have only gotten a phone interview and a call from a recruiter. Both have ghosted me since. I revised my resume yesterday to see if it would help. Only time will tell.

Meanwhile *******s on reddit are landing entry level/tier 1 help desk gigs with no certs.

"All you need is customer service and people skills hurrrrr"

Then the smug ******* managers wanna chip in...

"Certs aren't worth anything. A+ was a waste of time, and means nothing on a resume hurrrrrr" Then tell that to your chitbag HR team and resume filters.

Then HR chips in.

"Entry level? Deep understanding of Windows server 2012, 2016. 3-5 Years of technical experience. Advanced knowledge and experience with DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP. Bachelors degree in a related field preferred.....

Starting at $12.50 hourly"

Fuk you.

How much "experience" do I NEED for a fukn TIER 1 help desk job? For fuk sakes.

Catch 22 of peace.
    every job / cert expects to know a whole ton of schit. Studying for the NET+ now and you need to know all sorts of shyt that you will never even encounter on a job, brb need to know about factory automation, brb need to know about cell phones, man, fuk off with that garbage. Thankfully I'm 'grandfathered' with my A+

I used to do IT and I'm just getting back into it (no other choice, I actually fukking HATE IT) and it amazes me how garbage and saturated things are
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) insidemane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That chit never got me anything but chitty it support

SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by insidemane View Post
    That chit never got me anything but chitty it support
    I used to do tech support back in the day lmao, any time a macintosh user called I knew it was going to be a long day, some of the dumbest people on the planet

also if the first word to come out of a caller's mouth was "actually" it's going to be a long day
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SirFapsAIot View Post
    every job / cert expects to know a whole ton of schit. Studying for the NET+ now and you need to know all sorts of shyt that you will never even encounter on a job, brb need to know about factory automation, brb need to know about cell phones, man, fuk off with that garbage. Thankfully I'm 'grandfathered' with my A+

I used to do IT and I'm just getting back into it (no other choice, I actually fukking HATE IT) and it amazes me how garbage and saturated things are
    x1000

There is so much stuff they make you memorize (tons of stupid acronyms for example) that is just pointless. Half the stuff consists of things you would just google if you really needed to know. The Linux+ is a little ridiculous with the command line switches and arguments. And none of it matters if you can't problem solve in real life. Which is what these exams/certs should focus the most on but don't.
    "There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle." -Gym Jones
    "The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts." - Marcus Aurelius

?start=(#seconds)

TAMU Corps
    Skydiving
    Great Divide Mountain Bike Route (Jasper AB to Juarez MX) 2014
    Appalachian Trail 2013

Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In the IT field, once you've got a Bachelor's degree, MAYBE a Master's degree as well, all you've really have available to you for showcasing relevant and ongoing skillsets is work experience and certifications. CompTIA is specifically one of those brands that give a well-rounded coverage of fundamentals for their applicable certifications. There are other brands too that are deemed prestigious such as GIAC (though multiple times more expensive). IT is one of those fields where things are constantly evolving, with new technologies, operating systems, languages, etc. as the years go by, you need to show that you are up to date on the latest fundamentals and principles when you're trying to go career shopping. It's not like other professions where once you're done with the education and systems, you're just working until you die and trying to keep out of trouble. IT requires a special kind of mindset where you're willing and excited about learning and progressing year after year after year.

In general there are two types of certifications:
    1) Certifications that showcase acquired knowledge of fundamentals and specific principles in the discipline (CompTIA, GIAC, (ISC)2).
    2) Certifications that showcase acquired knowledge of specific tools (AWS, Splunk, Microsoft, etc.).

One of the neat things about the IT industry is you're not glued into whatever position you end up getting, and prior knowledge from other related sub-fields always translates into useful intuition for another. You can always hop from sub-field to sub-field if you apply yourself to learning and acquire corresponding certifications.

Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OPGenesis View Post
    Technical questions should be extremely easy if you pass the exam. homie. My current instructor has a degree in electrical engineering, worked for the IC half of his life, and barely passed the A+ (901/902) The exam is on par with the LSAT.
    No, the exam is a joke, I took and passed it within 25 minutes, after "studying" for 3 days.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cinderblock View Post
    No one says certs are worth nothing. The only people that even talk about certs are people in Networking obsessed with certs.
    Facts. Lol @ being a Cisco-Cel working one of the dullest and highest stressed positions in IT.
    DCA'ing FXS since Sept2022
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    CISSP or GTFO.

Originally Posted by faxanadu View Post
    IT is definitely one of those fields where only 1 in 10 actually know their chit and can also problem solve. It also seems to attract a lot of introverted people with weak life goals, little passion, and rot'ter it up hard waiting for 5pm to hit.

I had a former IT boss that was a rot'ter. Lord... that was the worst. You do the job of 5 people... but they don't care... because they're a rot'ter. No way you're going to impress a person like that.
    I know these feels, I.T. is the job equivalent of watching paint dry. It has got to be one of the worst careers ever. Anyone that has taken the network + recently, what does the exam look like, what are the necessities to know when going in there?
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Used to have Security+ but it expired. Got CISSP and CCSP and make almost $45/hr though.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

WWPB2D

Nothing worthwile is ever easy.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

"Your one f*ck fantasy" Shortfuze's Avatar
    Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Shortfuze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Makes total sense to me to target your knowledge to what employers want. I think we should have more high schools/educational institutions that cater to specific skill sets rather than give an alll encompasing liberal arts education.

Only caveat is that you have to keep learning/studying new programs in order to stay competitive and relevant. But if you are prusuing something you love then that won't be an issue.
    *Simplicity is the key to life*

Thanks ZBlacktt for the mod rep!
    Thanks ForumSentinel for the admin rep!
    Thanks Gxp23 for the mod rep!
    Thanks 400LB Gorilla for the mod rep!
    Thanks CountryMike for admin rep!
    Thanks Nics1246 for mod rep!

I got married on August 24, 2013!!
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I remember the 90's when companies hired "PC Technicians", which is basically what the A+ is............a bench technician cert

OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Godfrd824 View Post
    No, the exam is a joke, I took and passed it within 25 minutes, after "studying" for 3 days.
    Only way that is possible is if you had prior IT experience, as in already working in the field before you got the cert.

Anyways, negged.
    "I am a rational animal who occupies the intermediary position between angel and beast"

"The upper class is afforded their position by the collective burden the underclass must carry for them"

**Summer Walker Crew**

Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Better Unborn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I make that much from tributes from cash****s, just lmao at having to do anything at all let alone waste hours and money getting some ****gy cert.
    (__Y__) Misc Buck Breaker (__Y__)
    ( o Y o ) Milk Wagon Engineer ( o Y o )
    ~@( Official Youthful Glow Connoisseur )@~

OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OPGenesis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know these feels, I.T. is the job equivalent of watching paint dry. It has got to be one of the worst careers ever. Anyone that has taken the network + recently, what does the exam look like, what are the necessities to know when going in there?
    It's a comprehensive exam. You legit need to memorize everything in the book - mine is 500 pages. You need to know the OSI, how to subnet, topologies, hardware, ports/protocols, media, IP address IPv4 vs IPv6..
    "I am a rational animal who occupies the intermediary position between angel and beast"

"The upper class is afforded their position by the collective burden the underclass must carry for them"

**Summer Walker Crew**

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by otakutrevan View Post

Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

It's a comprehensive exam. You legit need to memorize everything in the book - mine is 500 pages. You need to know the OSI, how to subnet, topologies, hardware, ports/protocols, media, IP address IPv4 vs IPv6..
    I know OSI, TCP/IP models, how to subnet, that chit is easy, topologies, hardware, ports/protocols, IPv4/v6, but not sure what you mean by media. The chit that gets me is memorizing ALL the chit in the book, man I hate these exams so much.
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

I know OSI, TCP/IP models, how to subnet, that chit is easy, topologies, hardware, ports/protocols, IPv4/v6, but not sure what you mean by media. The chit that gets me is memorizing ALL the chit in the book, man I hate these exams so much.
    When I say media I mean the different cable types that transmit the data. So, for example, I'll use the chart below, but they want you to memorize all the forms of media that can be used (fiber optics comes to mind, but there are a ton more), as well as the amount of data it can transfer at the most effective lengths.

**Summer Walker Crew**

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It is until you get to a higher level and work on many projects. If you generally like technology it can get pretty interesting. I like running my own business but sometimes I'm curious what it's like to do super high level enterprise stuff. Have a couple friends doing it but it would mean a pay cut.
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

Originally Posted by seanb1979 View Post
    It is until you get to a higher level and work on many projects. If you generally like technology it can get pretty interesting. I like running my own business but sometimes I'm curious what it's like to do super high level enterprise stuff. Have a couple friends doing it but it would mean a pay cut.
    Sup, brah? I remember you lol.

**Summer Walker Crew**

When I say media I mean the different cable types that transmit the data. So, for example, I'll use the chart below, but they want you to memorize all the forms of media that can be used (fiber optics comes to mind, but there are a ton more), as well as the amount of data it can transfer at the most effective lengths.

Ok, gotcha', yeah, for the most part those are easy to remember for the most part, anything copper/commonly used, but then you get into some of the legacy crap and the various flavors of fiber and what kind of connectors they use, speed and their varying distances, God, I hate these people so much. So much junk to remember.

Originally Posted by seanb1979 View Post
    I've had some CHOICE jobs in I.T. before, when I was fresh out of high school I used to work at the CCNP level, I'm not going to say how long ago that was, but let's just say the industry was NOT saturated and you would get paid beau-coup money for picking your nose at one of those jobs. I monitored the network for a small ISP in the north east doing the graveyard shift, it has got to be one of the best jobs I ever had, I rarely ever dealt with anyone that wasn't a network admin/engineer and then I had another job working at HQ for a recruiting company, which had the most laid back management I've ever worked with and I made a lot of dough. That chit is another world though, things have changed drastically. When they decided to consolidate I decided to pursue contacts in the entertainment business and get into that, but the dick head I ended up working with was nothing but a flimflam artist and wasted my time and time is money...so anyway, back to I.T. and I remember jack shyt, although it wouldn't matter anyway since tech moves so quickly.

We also had a NOC when I was doing work monitoring the ISP and I wired most of it and the high level configuration that needed to be done at the time was done by the two **** guys that mentored me during my time there. The high level stuff can be fun, if you consider that high level these days, but when the shyt hits the fan it can be stressful, especially when people are breathing down your neck. You say you run your own business, so I'm guessing you can handle that stuff, I was good at working under pressure, because I simply didn't give a shyt, but that's what made me good in those situations.

edit: I should add, these days I don't give a shyt about technology, I may as well be a Luddite, but it was always easy for me to understand quickly, the problem is I find it so painfully boring that it makes things difficult, if that makes any sense.
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP if you're looking into networking it's a solid field. I got my start by getting a lowly CCENT, which landed me my first interview and from there I changed companies for a huge pay bump. I'm not gonna lie though the only reason I got the interview is because my buddy worked at the first company and vouched for me.

Managers were super relaxed and basically said they try to hire referrals exclusively because the new employee will not want to make their friend look bad so they'll try. It was a NOC support job where we had to get certified in different firewalls and other technologies, like F5.

Advice is find someone who already has a job that you'd like and get some basic stuff, like the CCENT I mentioned or CCNA. That should land you interviews at least and utilize all of the companies resources such as physical or virtual labs, company paid training and company paid certifications to make the move to your next, higher paying job.
    Lurking since '05 - the days of VS gorilla/cloud/goku threads

enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000) enfieldvball is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A+ is good to get while you're studying for IT in college, outside of entry level positions it's pretty much worthless. If a job has a requirement for it, it's most likely entry level.

Net+ should be skipped, you should go straight to CCENT/CCNA, Cisco is still the top dog in networking, maybe not in the future but definitely for now, most networking equipment and CLI commands are based off Cisco iOS.

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What's good for someone looking for a career change?
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ

DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveIndeed is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jamalfudge View Post
    What's good for someone looking for a career change?
    Job boards are always full of coding positions. If you can learn to code in a language you see jobs for in your area quite a bit you're set with a middle to upper-middle class job for life if you're a decent employee.

"IT" is a pretty broad blanket and you will want to explore every realm\branch\discipline to figure out what you like the best and what jives with how you like to work. With that said I think it's a little tougher to get into since the requirements are lower for the entry positions.

A helpdesk job is the usual route but those are at best 40k a year jobs and for a career change you may not be able to take that gamble.

Instead learn linux administration or networking. Windows support is full, don't need anyone else.