Cuocu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Trying to Lose Stomach Fat and Get Into Shape (F/17)

I'm 17, 5'4 and nearly 200 lbs. Trying to drop that down to a reasonable 150 lbs as I've been slacking with exercises and eating too much recently. I'm not completely fat, as I have some decent arm and leg muscles, it's mostly my stomach and thighs that I'm concerned about. I'm pretty sure my biggest problem is my diet, though I have no idea how to start counting my calories with half the stuff I eat. I recently joined my school's softball team working out every Monday-Thursday for 2 hours each day so I'm not too worried about adjusting my exercise. My main problem is my inability to run for a long time. Can barely manage three laps around the softball field before I seriously needed a break and can't catch my breath the whole time. No medical problems that I'm aware of, just out of shape.

Any advice or help is appreciated while I try to get down to my personal goal. Thanks!

Registered User lifted07duramax's Avatar
    lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why dont you name somethings you typically eat during the week and how much of it to begin with

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, unfortunately we don't give calorie restriction advice to minors on here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=176473461

But I can tell you that you would benefit greatly from reading the stickies in this forum and the nutrition forum.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP although we do not encourage restricting calories as a minor there is many ways to help you control your weight and lose some without counting calories.

- Consume mainly lean meats, veg, fruits, whole grains and high satiating foods such as potatoes, rice etc.
    - Limit sugar amount especially added sugar.
    - Stick to three meals a day and limit snacks to only fruit (this will help control appetite).
    - Be active.
    - Workout if possible with weights - read the stickies on the workout section.
    - Add cardio for your health (this will also aid in weight loss).

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, get a small notebook and start writing down every single thing you eat and drink and how much--no need to measure or weigh--"2 serving spoons mashed potatoes" is enough. Do that for a week and then look over your log and you should be able to where you could drop foods, quantities, or make substitutions. You have to be brutally honest in keeping your log though. Post #4 has good points on what the bulk of your diet should be.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cuocu View Post
    I'm 17, 5'4 and nearly 200 lbs. Trying to drop that down to a reasonable 150 lbs as I've been slacking with exercises and eating too much recently. I'm not completely fat, as I have some decent arm and leg muscles, it's mostly my stomach and thighs that I'm concerned about. I'm pretty sure my biggest problem is my diet, though I have no idea how to start counting my calories with half the stuff I eat. I recently joined my school's softball team working out every Monday-Thursday for 2 hours each day so I'm not too worried about adjusting my exercise. My main problem is my inability to run for a long time. Can barely manage three laps around the softball field before I seriously needed a break and can't catch my breath the whole time. No medical problems that I'm aware of, just out of shape.

Any advice or help is appreciated while I try to get down to my personal goal. Thanks!
    you need to clean up your diet. Get rid of the fast food, junk food, etc. At your weight that stuff is most likely responsible. As far as your endurance that will come from just doing more of that type of training.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB