ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100)

Beginner question for becoming a personal trainer?

I've heard that is a hard work , not so good in money terms except if you become like really good there are cons and pron like always and yeah i know is not the best job, but is better actually than working for have bosses ordering you around and plus you learn something new about exercise and health everyday so why not, i always liked exercising and maybe if i find something better to do in england there is no problem.

1)I am thinking to get a certificate and i am wondering which one in england.
    Also because i watch a video not that i have knowledge ,

2)if i were to pick i would prefer if i had the clients given to me since i am not good for sales,(like for corporation gyms)as i watched in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLcK5l-Rrgw
    So how do i choose that?

3)Secondly what concerns me more about is after you get your certificate, and you start work, the plan for meals,and exercise am i the one to make or do the gym provide's for their clients by your experience?
    and also if i were to make it do i make in into the gym or in my break ? Like do i have to have different working out plans for each individual?

More like my question is :
    When you get back home, do you have to prepare stuff for the gym and if yes what? and do they take a lot of time or can you make this things when you are into the gym?

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. get yourself a trainer, and set moderately ambitious goals that'll take 6-12 months to achieve and involve setbacks along the way
    2. then go and do a proper certification
    3. then work in a big gym
    4. and talk to someone new every day
    5. and teach someone new a movement every day - plank, squat, leg press, whatever you think is useful, but always the same one
    6. and thus in 2 years you'd have talked and taught a movement to at least 500 people, and will have learned something about people and teaching movements

Take the first step, and those months should answer most of your questions.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

amazing advice

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    1. get yourself a trainer, and set moderately ambitious goals that'll take 6-12 months to achieve and involve setbacks along the way
    2. then go and do a proper certification
    3. then work in a big gym
    4. and talk to someone new every day
    5. and teach someone new a movement every day - plank, squat, leg press, whatever you think is useful, but always the same one
    6. and thus in 2 years you'd have talked and taught a movement to at least 500 people, and will have learned something about people and teaching movements

Take the first step, and those months should answer most of your questions.
    amazing stuff kyle always puts out great advice. Interning is always the best. if you aren't willing to do your job for free or for low pay, then it may not make sense to "intern" as a personal trainer. However I did this in the beginning and its a great way to decide if the profession is truly for yourself or not. also never keep your ears shut and always be open to trying new ideas if they make logical sense to a training program dependent one the clients goals too. there are a lot of general accepted principles in training but some clients need more or less volume depending on their experience, goal, injuries, etc. Many factors are important as stated above. Also, as stated by kyle don't just put a client on a machine unless they need it. If they can squat with a dumbbell,barbell then dont regress them. Some people may need a leg press. If it makes sense do it and I CANT THANK MY experience interning was amazing both with being a physical therapist assistant and being an assistant personal trainer. Both prepared me for my current job as a trainer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think it's necessary to work for free. But you get yourself a trainer because if you do martial arts, you had a sensei. If you did music, you had a music teacher. And each of them had teachers, too. But you want to teach yourself all this stuff? Maybe you can, but chances are you're not a natural savant, most of us aren't.

Most trainers have never been through the process of training. So they don't really understand why the chubby 35yo guy doesn't want to take his shirt off in front of the fit attractive 25yo woman and have her pinch his bodyfat. They don't get why the 40yo mother of 3 is tired this morning. They don't grasp that having someone watch your movement and criticise tiny aspects of it is intimidating. They don't catch on to why you get to a certain point and sht just gets hard. Nor will they get how you can basically like a trainer, yet still feel they're not right for you. Still less do they understand why trust and rapport are such an important part of the trainer-client relationship.

Any experienced trainer can write a list of things like that and the would-be trainer will say, "yes, I understand..." and intellectually they understand, but they don't get it. That takes having had the experience of... finding a trainer, setting moderately ambitious goals that'll take 6-12 months to achieve and involve some setbacks along the way.

First, be trained. Second, become a trainer. It's not a popular way to do things, but it's better.

And of course, as you go through all that you can talk to your trainer about the industry and learn some things, helping you decide whether you really want to work in it. If you're thinking about it as a career for a lifetime, spending 6-12 months to learn more is a wise investment of time.

So you do that, then get your education and all that, and you never have to work for free.

ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100)
    thanks a lot , i appreciate your tips!!!

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

my beginning

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    I don't think it's necessary to work for free. But you get yourself a trainer because if you do martial arts, you had a sensei. If you did music, you had a music teacher. And each of them had teachers, too. But you want to teach yourself all this stuff? Maybe you can, but chances are you're not a natural savant, most of us aren't.

Most trainers have never been through the process of training. So they don't really understand why the chubby 35yo guy doesn't want to take his shirt off in front of the fit attractive 25yo woman and have her pinch his bodyfat. They don't get why the 40yo mother of 3 is tired this morning. They don't grasp that having someone watch your movement and criticise tiny aspects of it is intimidating. They don't catch on to why you get to a certain point and sht just gets hard. Nor will they get how you can basically like a trainer, yet still feel they're not right for you. Still less do they understand why trust and rapport are such an important part of the trainer-client relationship.

Any experienced trainer can write a list of things like that and the would-be trainer will say, "yes, I understand..." and intellectually they understand, but they don't get it. That takes having had the experience of... finding a trainer, setting moderately ambitious goals that'll take 6-12 months to achieve and involve some setbacks along the way.

First, be trained. Second, become a trainer. It's not a popular way to do things, but it's better.

And of course, as you go through all that you can talk to your trainer about the industry and learn some things, helping you decide whether you really want to work in it. If you're thinking about it as a career for a lifetime, spending 6-12 months to learn more is a wise investment of time.

So you do that, then get your education and all that, and you never have to work for free.
    Makes sense. Also I was able to work for minimum wage with just my CPR certification at the beginning. This may just be because I knew the right people or possibly due to the differences in which country we live in. I never directly worked with clients until getting certified, but I was able to assist a highly knowledgable trainer when I was 21 years old. Also it is not needed, but I feel the field is not necessarily becoming watered down but also realize that more credentials isn't always better, but over time just like any job if you are passionate about you will be successful in the job. i thank the fact I was able to intern at the beginning of my college schooling because it saved me time and made me realize I should pursue a biotechnology degree and I didn't want to be a physical therapist. However, I realized that helping people achive their health and fitness goals was what I was passionate about. This set me up for success and left me with realizing that although there is some overlap with physical therapy and personal training. I would much rather devise a training program with clients instead of helping physically injured people get back in the gym and to be able to function in day to day life. That being said I think people should put in a minimum of 2 years of actual working out before they become a personal trainer. I too like kyle said had 2 trainers/coaches in my past as well! My first coach taught me a lot on nutrition and macronutrient intake as well as the basics of periodization. The latest coach taught me on RPE and its importance for powerlifting. I know this was a lot but I hope some of it gives background to myself and past.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

EveryBodyspt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lots of pros and cons