Thread: Keto?

Nerdyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Keto?

I did keto to loose fat and it worked well and fast. Has anyone tried it on a bulk or cut? I’m thinking it would work more on a cut. Has anyone tried cutting with a keto diet?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It might have helped you cut because you were steered towards satiating foods and away from foods that trigger your appetite. The ketosis aspect itself doesn't have special fat loss properties.

This is obviously no advantage when bulking. And carbohydrates can make you perform better in the gym. So you could take what you were eating before and add some wholefood carbs and it would probably be a good mass gain diet.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    KETO can work for fatloss 2 ways. One being that a lot of fat is satiating and causes you to eat fewer calories overall, Secondly, those that just eliminate carbs across the board are just lowering calories. Calorie for calorie on a weekly basis, Keto is no better as far as fatloss as a carb inclusive diet.

It comes down to personal preference as far as what kind of eating plan you prefer and perform best on and most importantly, something you can stick to consistently.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just read a couple of books talking about keto. It's all about getting your insulin resistance back to normal by cutting carbs. Protein can also cause insulin spikes but carbs are the culprit. Beans, bread, grains, oatmeal, all giving you that dreaded insulin spike. Insulin is a key hormone and even in a calorie deficit insulin will act as a one way lever for energy/calories to come in but they will not get used during these long insulin spikes. Keto should be great for your weight loss and stay active. Cut your carbs to under 40g on non weightlifting days and once you have reset your system and insulin resistance then you can incorporate 100-150g carb refeeds post workout from clean whole foods such as rice and sweet potatoes. Read the book Superfuel and Genius Foods. Both really good reads. Also there is a book out called Keto-tarian devoted specifically towards a ketogenic diet. So many people are doing it wrong.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GunsNsteak View Post
    I just read a couple of books talking about keto. It's all about getting your insulin resistance back to normal by cutting carbs. Protein can also cause insulin spikes but carbs are the culprit. Beans, bread, grains, oatmeal, all giving you that dreaded insulin spike. Insulin is a key hormone and even in a calorie deficit insulin will act as a one way lever for energy/calories to come in but they will not get used during these long insulin spikes. Keto should be great for your weight loss and stay active. Cut your carbs to under 40g on non weightlifting days and once you have reset your system and insulin resistance then you can incorporate 100-150g carb refeeds post workout from clean whole foods such as rice and sweet potatoes. Read the book Superfuel and Genius Foods. Both really good reads. Also there is a book out called Keto-tarian devoted specifically towards a ketogenic diet. So many people are doing it wrong.
    There are books out there exploring Bigfoot and that the earth is flat, too.

There is nothing magical or special about keto. Some people find it useful to manage hunger and therefore eat less. It's STILL calories in vs calories out.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want to do keto its fine, but don't spread misinformation that carbs are some evil culprit, its just completely false. People lose weight successfully every day while still enjoying carbohydrates as part of their diet.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read the book Superfuel and Genius Foods. Both really good reads. Also there is a book out called Keto-tarian devoted specifically towards a ketogenic diet. .
    Gee and how much are those books? The diet\fitness business is just that; a business. The actual content is generally just misinformation however people eat it up (no pun intended) and are looking for that magic fatloss bullet which doesn't exist. Actual Fatloss books would be about 2 pages long and hard to make money of that.
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 12-11-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) GunsNsteak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I didn't once say you couldn't lose weight while eating carbs so don't get your boxers in a bunch. I was simply stating what I read about insulin and carbs and the action of said insulin. So you keep up the good job of just saying calories in/calories out. There is much more to be said of weight-loss than that. Wow some people cease to amaze me.

I didn't once say you couldn't lose weight while eating carbs so don't get your boxers in a bunch. I was simply stating what I read about insulin and carbs and the action of said insulin. So you keep up the good job of just saying calories in/calories out. There is much more to be said of weight-loss than that. Wow some people cease to amaze me.
    Such as?

As far as the neg, ohhh ouch...

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Insulin in this case is what I was referring to and the books were amazing to read. The neg was just me getting tired of seeing this calories in Vs calories out advice only given with no other advice included. I mean you'd think as much crap there is out there to eat that someone with the knowledge(not saying me) would go a little more into discussion than calories in Vs calories out. Just an opinion not an argument. G2g cook my chicken and veggies. I'm just as lost in nutrition as the next man so don't point fingers for me trying to broaden my knowledge. Again js and that was what the new was for.

Insulin in this case is what I was referring to and the books were amazing to read. The neg was just me getting tired of seeing this calories in Vs calories out advice only given with no other advice included. I mean you'd think as much crap there is out there to eat that someone with the knowledge(not saying me) would go a little more into discussion than calories in Vs calories out. Just an opinion not an argument. G2g cook my chicken and veggies. I'm just as lost in nutrition as the next man so don't point fingers for me trying to broaden my knowledge. Again js and that was what the new was for.
    yes you’re lost due to your own ignorance. We aren’t lost, just you. You confuse yourself for no real reason.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Like I said. Not an argument but since you choose to call me idiotic then please point out in this post what exactly was idiotic. Clean under your own doorstep.

Like I said. Not an argument but since you choose to call me idiotic then please point out in this post what exactly was idiotic. Clean under your own doorstep.
    SMH..
    Not sure why I continue with this forum

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keto only works with apple cider vinegar.

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There was a study basically completely disproving Keto in regards to fat loss benefits. There were no fat loss advantages compared to a regular kcal deficit. I will try to find it tomorrow when I'm not on my phone.

Might there be other non fat-loss related benefits (for example hormonal)? Perhaps, but that's an entirely different story.

Here we go, found it while om my phone...

Study by Kevin Hall. Two months in metabolic ward, zero chance of cheating.

No fat loss benefit.

Link: http://www.thenutritionwonk.com/#!Is...f26b6d6848a8f8

Interesting is all I can say.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Why insulin is a non-argument:

https://weightology.net/insulin-an-u...ad-reputation/