Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    ProudManlet's Bodyguard PolishPhenom's Avatar
    PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000) PolishPhenom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Murrmanski View Post
    Mind blown that FFXI was only mentioned 2-3 times in this entire thread.

In my opinion, it was the GOAT MMORPG. I tried WoW a few years after FFXI's release but it just wasn't the same. Nothing stimulated my teenage imagination like FFXI. The only thing that came close was Diablo 2 when I was like 8-10 lol.

I found the San'Doria theme music on youtube awhile back and got overwhelming nostalgia.

Sadly, I don't think i'll ever have time to properly immerse myself in MMORPGs ever again. Phuck, those were good days of gaming though.
    Agreed. Ffxi was an absolute classic. But WoW still takes #1 for me.

The good old days for sure.
    *Jake Gyllenhaal Brah*

Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tunabolt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry boyos, but you don't know the GOAT unless you "vertical firewalled" to crowd control and destroyed swarms of monsters in Ragnarok Online.

These swarms or bosses can easily swallow you in and one-shot you if you were one step too short or late. Takes very meticulous spacing, positioning, and executing. You really feel the rush from mobbing an entire room/map and especially against faster running monsters.

Never played another MMO that actually requires this kind of skillful execution. Nowadays it's just tab targetting, autoattack, and spam fixed rotations.

Selere is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tunabolt View Post
    Sorry boyos, but you don't know the GOAT unless you "vertical firewalled" to crowd control and destroyed swarms of monsters in Ragnarok Online.

These swarms or bosses can easily swallow you in and one-shot you if you were one step too short or late. Takes very meticulous spacing, positioning, and executing. You really feel the rush from mobbing an entire room/map and especially against faster running monsters.

Never played another MMO that actually requires this kind of skillful execution. Nowadays it's just tab targetting, autoattack, and spam fixed rotations.
    You don't know grinding until you try hunting for a 0.01% drop from a monster that only appears once every few hours.

newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There’s been some great mmos that released in their prime, mainly BDO n BNS even TERA wasn’t bad.
    Problem with asian mmos is they aren’t usually profitable trying to maintain quality so either they are pay to win garbage or just generally too time consuming or difficult for casual gamers to keep up, unlike wow.
    The upside is the pvp is legendary especially the rush of action combat bdo gives, bns too.
    There just aren’t any notable mmos coming out in 2018 but hopefully in a year or two something good comes out, I’m looking forwards to A:IR since the devs are known for combat.

Don’t even hold your breath for CU or Ashes

Selere is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by newbuck View Post
    There’s been some great mmos that released in their prime, mainly BDO n BNS even TERA wasn’t bad.
    Problem with asian mmos is they aren’t usually profitable trying to maintain quality so either they are pay to win garbage or just generally too time consuming or difficult for casual gamers to keep up, unlike wow.
    The upside is the pvp is legendary especially the rush of action combat bdo gives, bns too.
    There just aren’t any notable mmos coming out in 2018 but hopefully in a year or two something good comes out, I’m looking forwards to A:IR since the devs are known for combat.

Don’t even hold your breath for CU or Ashes
    I just want a MMO that isn't a WoW clone with boring world and pointless repetitive fetch quest gameplay.

kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I mite download path of exile. It’s free

newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kingofturtles View Post
    I mite download path of exile. It’s free
    Path is free and pretty good/ fun to play.
    Isn’t really an mmo though more of an ARPG
    Last edited by newbuck; 08-27-2018 at 01:51 PM. Reason: quoting

Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just found a SWG NGE private server. All expansions included. I haven't touched that game in years.

Goodbye social life.

Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Serenadium is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone remember playing helbreath?