Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by niospecv View Post

I negged him brah.

Yes I have for my entire time in college. I can tell you I had many great shifts with a ton of tips and some bad shifts with awful tips. It is just part of the job and I learned that quickly. I would have gone mad if I felt like that entitled whore single mother. I kept telling myself this is my first job out of high school and laying the ground work for what it takes to work hard and endure bad times as well for my professional career after college.

Half the time I was messing around with my co-workers as those of us that have ever worked at a restaurant know the culture between servers is fun and a lot of socializing goes on. I was never 100% with my tables and I will admit that. Some customers didn't give a chit and still tipped me well while others would be so anal they'd tell me right away when I greeted them. "We will tip you according to your service."

Me: "fuark it I don't need your bullchit and I hope my service screws up your experience." LOL

I didn't care because I was an 18-20 year old kid making money to pay for my cell phone, gas money and partying money while still living with my parents.

For that single mom...she should have swallowed instead or taken the morning after pill. Her life would have been a helluva lot easier than it is now.

Jakes on her! LOL

damn, so brutal yet so true
    Cherish your life. Live to tell your story

PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Firefightn24 View Post
    So don't be a waitress.

This could have been for a table of 2 at a nice restaurant. Tipping based on plate price is ridiculous either way.
    So much this, if a couple orders 2 salads or 2 filet Mignon, it takes the same amount of effort to walk to the table, she's an idiot

r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I tip typically 15%; more if the service was great, but travelling to other countries you get just as good, if not better service without tipping for the same cost. just lmao at people bitching about tips. i sank 150k and 8 years of undergrad and professional school to make a decent wage. I agree people should be pain a livable wage, no sympathy for people who complain.

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    while others would be so anal they'd tell me right away when I greeted them. "We will tip you according to your service."
    Why did you describe this as 'anal'? I think you mean 'sensible'.

Or are you referring to the fact that they explicitly said it. That is kinda weird ye.
    𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖈𝕶, 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍

█▓▒▒░░🧵Make trolls invisible: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180234573 ░░▒▒▓█

hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hotsaucebrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I made good $ bartending. You have to deal with a lot of *******s though.
    No Glow, No Go Crew

*Cries about negs* Crew

Registered Drug User sparkblade's Avatar
    sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sparkblade has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol just lol @ tipping culture in America. So cancer. Was the most wtf thing I encountered when I moved here. Lol @ single mom making a career out of being a waitress and complaining.

Should tip the cook/chef if the food was bomb.
    Lakers

Always Pick 4 Crew

Registered User FailedPotential's Avatar
    FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tips based on % of the bill is just bad logic.

Example -

Guy#1 orders 1 plate of fries... costs $10, 20% would be a $2 tip.
    Guy#2 orders 1 plate of cavier... costs $100, 20% would be a $20 tip

In both examples, all the waitress did was carry 1 plate to the table 1 time... and never needed to do anything else for the customer.

Explain to me why guy #2 should pay a $20 tip, and not a $2 tip?
    Fak U say? Cheeky kent ya, i'll fakin fak ya, ya lil sloot

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FailedPotential View Post
    Tips based on % of the bill is just bad logic.

Example -

Guy#1 orders 1 plate of fries... costs $10, 20% would be a $2 tip.
    Guy#2 orders 1 plate of cavier... costs $100, 20% would be a $20 tip

In both examples, all the waitress did was carry 1 plate to the table 1 time... and never needed to do anything else for the customer.

Explain to me why guy #2 should pay a $20 tip, and not a $2 tip?
    I think it's just a highly generalized concept, in the sense that a higher bill on a very general level would infer more server work. It certainly doesn't hold up on a case by case basis.

To the main point though, why should it be the responsibility of the customer at all to pay the waiter according to how much work he/she does?

The tip should purely be based on exceptional or extraordinary service. If a server does nothing except bring my food to the table, that should actually be a $0 tip in all circumstances. If they go out of their way (i.e. not work to rule), then I'll recognize it and tip accordingly.
    𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖈𝕶, 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍

█▓▒▒░░🧵Make trolls invisible: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180234573 ░░▒▒▓█

ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ttuTRAP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I’m a server. I’ve worked Farming and make twice as much serving. Half of these servers don’t have a ****ing clue what kind of a joke the job is. Easy af, no risk of injury, you don’t get tired, you make decent pay, your co workers speak English and aren’t criminals, the list goes on. They would make decent tips if they learned some humility and checked their ego at the door to their entry level job.
    Don't do it cuz i can, i do it cuz you can't

BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ttuTRAP View Post
    I’m a server. I’ve worked Farming and make twice as much serving. Half of these servers don’t have a ****ing clue what kind of a joke the job is. Easy af, no risk of injury, you don’t get tired, you make decent pay, your co workers speak English and aren’t criminals, the list goes on. They would make decent tips if they learned some humility and checked their ego at the door to their entry level job.
    This. Any server who thinks they "deserve" tips because they work so hard is a spoiled POS and doesn't truly understand understand the concept of hard work or giving an honest effort.
    Death is impossible for us to fathom: it is so immense, so frightening, that we will do almost anything to avoid thinking about it. Society is organized to make death invisible, to keep it several steps removed. That distance may seem necessary for our comfort, but it comes with a terrible price: the illusion of limitless time, and a consequent lack of seriousness about daily life. We are running away from the one reality that faces us all.

FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FailedPotential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Luc1fer View Post
    I think it's just a highly generalized concept, in the sense that a higher bill on a very general level would infer more server work. It certainly doesn't hold up on a case by case basis.

To the main point though, why should it be the responsibility of the customer at all to pay the waiter according to how much work he/she does?

The tip should purely be based on exceptional or extraordinary service. If a server does nothing except bring my food to the table, that should actually be a $0 tip in all circumstances. If they go out of their way (i.e. not work to rule), then I'll recognize it and tip accordingly.
    Yeah, it's just not smart to have an unclear system...

For example, I don't think carrying a plate, or plates from a kitchen to a table is worth more than $10 an hour total

Not sure how servers work, but aren't they serving like 5+ tables at the same time?

Brb expecting to pull in $200+ per day for carrying plates from a kitchen to a table

Manual labor on a building site is gruelling stuff, and where i'm from it's a minimum wage, or there abouts kind of job... and you're carrying heavy as fuk stuff all day long, bad work conditions (it's a building site), etc...

Yet waitresses think they deserve to be making more than minimum wage?

Even using her in this example, apparently they get paid $2.63 per hour by the employer... and in this case she got a $5 or whatever tip... there's $7.63 right there, what is minimum wage in the usa? google says $7.25 per hour... now factor in that she's likely serving a bunch of different people/tables at once... times that by x2, x3, x4, x5

The servers should take it up with their employers, and ask for minimum wage, and no tips (and give all tips to their employer as a fair trade for getting minimum wage)... but they would never do this, because most of them are making at least double minimum wage, that's going by the low end of my estimations

They need to realise that sometimes they will get low tips, or no tips at all... and that's a choice they made by accepting that job... at the benefit that the expectation of $ made will be much greater than minimum wage over the course of the day/week/month.

It's not like anyone is forcing them to do a server job, they could quit and go get an actual minimum wage job if they don't like the fact that sometimes they don't get tipped.

MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Server checking in.... This happens all the time. There is absolutely no reason to get mad for more than 5 seconds, let alone take the time to make a post about it...

Tips always even out, I guarantee someone else that night tipped her too much and evened it out.

Ill be honest, its a HARD job (most nights) and you wouldnt know unless youve done it before, but most servers still make more money than they should... I paid my way through college, able to write a personal check every semester for the full amount of tuition + paying rent + I was able to save up enough to pay closing costs (~$9000) on a house in the ghetto by senior year. 95% of your servers are grateful and know how good they have it, 5% are whores like this.

iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you think about it, it is weird on more expensive receipts they expect bigger tips. Why? They didn't have to do more work, perhaps there were even less items that just cost way more. WTF LOL.

Originally Posted by iKickMidgets View Post
    If you think about it, it is weird on more expensive receipts they expect bigger tips. Why? They didn't have to do more work, perhaps there were even less items that just cost way more. WTF LOL.
    There are people that will argue with you that at least 15/20% of the bill should always be tipped, regardless of work involved

Never once seen a good reason for why

Like there are examples of how a $20 bill/customer could require the server to do more work than someone who had a $100 bill... yet they still think the $100 guy should tip 20%

It's just illogical, and they're either silly for not being able to recognise that, or they're just selfish and have blinded themselves from looking at things rationally

MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FailedPotential View Post
    There are people that will argue with you that at least 15/20% of the bill should always be tipped, regardless of work involved

Never once seen a good reason for why

Like there are examples of how a $20 bill/customer could require the server to do more work than someone who had a $100 bill... yet they still think the $100 guy should tip 20%

It's just illogical, and they're either silly for not being able to recognise that, or they're just selfish and have blinded themselves from looking at things rationally
    strong ignorance.... you know about taxes right? tip out?

10% of the bill gets taxed as an assumed tip (Unless paid on card and more than 10% tip, then 100% of the tip is taxed) so $100 bill, $10+ is automatically taxed, so gov't automatically takes $3. You tip out busser 10-15% of sales at the end of the night, so thats another $1.00-1.50. Bartender gets 10-20% of alcohol sales. Lets say $0.50 just to make things even.

So do the math, she had to tip out $5 of the tip from that table, so she broke even

Not saying the whore was right to rant, serious case of first world problems... im just trying to inform the misc on how the restaurant business works since most never have to do it and get through college on mommy and daddys dime.

vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fuking bitch

antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) antidogma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iKickMidgets View Post
    the logic is that if you can afford to spend more on eating out, you can afford to be more generous to your servers, or busboys, or limo driver, or whomever

i don't agree, because what if you're fresh out of high school, saved up for months to treat your hbb gf and future wife to a nice dinner - what, now they want me to fork over $50 in tips? fuk right off

they should have a call button for service on the table (like some korean restaurants do) and your tip amount should be counted based on how much you request service
    *** Canadian Crew ***
    *** Misc Snowboard Crew ***
    *** The Leafs are gonna make it next year crew ***
    *** Murse Crew ***

mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr.left hook has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Chazb0 View Post
    Out of negs for tonight, but I will get your cheap asses tomorrow.

You are either a piece of chit if you don't tip at least 15%, or you are bad at math.

Pick one.
    i got a tip for you Twink

stay out of dark alleys
    MR.PHF '09

“Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them.”- Don Quixote

''Damn right I like the life I live

'Cause I went from negative to positive

And it's all Good..."

"Friends come and go but Enemies Accumulate"

"Zero tolerance Crew" ZERO, NADA !!!!

Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000) Winky69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    At my serving job I made $2.15 an hour, but if my tips didnt equal minimum wage for the hours i worked than my employer was legally required to up it to being minimum wage in my state. With that being said, I made on average like $20/ hour when calculated. But i also worked at a nice restaurant at a hotel and not waffle house
    *good guy crew*

Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There’s always outliers. She wouldn’t post about someone tipping $30 on a $100 ticket even though it’s above average
    Bench: 45lbx4,500 reps
    Deadlift: 100x6,500 reps
    Squat: wtf is "squat"?

Sleep tight pupper. LDAR Shortstop36's Avatar
    Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000) Shortstop36 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i know some hoes who make some solid money off waitressing, blows my mind
    Red Sox 2018 MLB champs
    Tommy 12 inch crew
    Nikola Jokic, Montrezl truther
    DRuss gonna be an all-star in BKNY crew
    Jaylen, Jayson (7/11) Crew
    Gordon Chadward Crew

Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Contribution05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Foreign brahs may laugh at our tip system, but it’s suppose to incentive better work ethic and service instead of like an Aussie said “paying servers $28 an hr” and then getting bad service. Also I’m betting your meals are much more expensive to make up for that labor cost so either way you’re paying.

Now as for the topic at hand, bish should never complain about low tips period end of story.

As for some of the American comments. All servers are not making out like bandits/making >$30 an hr. It can very much be feast or famine and 1 good day of making $20 an hour wage+ tips can be countered the next day making $5 an hour wage+tips.

Only servers I know making $45-65k a year are working at nice restaurants. Most fall in the $25-35k range. While that is significantly better than the $17k minimum wage would earn for a job that requires no formal education (hence girl shouldn’t be complaining) it is still a far cry from living the good life.

I know this from being a server, having a niece who’s been a server, and having 20+ friends that were servers and a couple who remained servers for high end.

cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Atsila View Post
    Tipping 5 on a 105 is far from right lol. You tip higher the more you spend because your table is requiring more attention.

The person who tipped 5 on a 105 is stingy af but I don't agree with businesses that pay minimum wage, some states the minimum a server is paid can be as low as 4 dollars,in Cali it's 10.5-11.

Edit: also the way tip is distributed varies, some places the person designated on the table takes the full tip, other places make you put everyone's tips in a jar and it is divided equally among all servers working that day.

Edit: not once in my post did I write servers receive less than the minimum wage with tips combined. Don't go full retard. lmao
    ok so let s tip soldiers and doctors and policemen who risk their lives daily doing very dangerous jobs then, instead of expecting a tip because you have to carry more plates to a table
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cardioman_23 View Post
    ok so let s tip soldiers and doctors and policemen who risk their lives daily doing very dangerous jobs then, instead of expecting a tip because you have to carry more plates to a table
    I wonder how much she thinks these guys deserve for carrying thousands of 50lb sacks out of multiple sea containers every day.

Should they be paid per sack? Or a % of the sack's retail value?

Oh, my bad, I forgot it's not a "service" job.

Learn the value of hard work and putting in an honest effort and stop looking to rationalize free hand-outs and looking for extra monetary incentives to do your job's baseline requirements.

How about when ppl say: "But I wouldn't provide good service if there were no tips."

Yeah so in other words you're a stuck up kunt who takes no pride in their work and has zero work ethic. Do you tip the receptionist for being nice to you as well or did you just expect that of their job?

Pls respond to all these new posts.
    Last edited by BostonRockets; 06-06-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    Death is impossible for us to fathom: it is so immense, so frightening, that we will do almost anything to avoid thinking about it. Society is organized to make death invisible, to keep it several steps removed. That distance may seem necessary for our comfort, but it comes with a terrible price: the illusion of limitless time, and a consequent lack of seriousness about daily life. We are running away from the one reality that faces us all.

TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrueTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I usually leave a buck as a thank you to a person for picking up my dirty tray and wiping the table after me, nothing more. But seeing this entitlement attitude makes me want to leave a zero. I'll gladly keep that $1 in my pocket if they don't appreciate it. This is actually one the reasons why I stay away from such restaurants and stick to a simple fast food, so I don't have to deal with this crap. See how much they like it if they don't have any customers at all. Single mom, 2 kids, and she acts like she's "sucking up her pride". Bitch please, you got no pride, your kids have no father and you're an irresponsible hoe.

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Contribution05 View Post
    Foreign brahs may laugh at our tip system, but it’s suppose to incentive better work ethic and service instead of like an Aussie said “paying servers $28 an hr” and then getting bad service. Also I’m betting your meals are much more expensive to make up for that labor cost so either way you’re paying..
    No and no

It's just a sensible system. There's no sensible logic behind tipping, it's a stupid concept. You don't need tipping to ensure work ethic and service quality, employers and the free market take care of that.

jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only thing I don't do is "tip" at the drive through for pick up or carry out. I was puzzled when they started doing that and checking the receipt after turning it in.
    "There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me

Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chazb0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hard to argue to with idiots. It's a no win situation. Plebs.

vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vulgoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tipping is a scam

esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000) esp2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Surely the higher tips make up for some of the lower ones? I have lived in the US and visited a few times too- wouldnt American's prefer jsut getting rid of the ridiculous tipping system, even if that meant the ~15% is just absorbed intot he menu prices? Annoying as chit as everyone has has their hand out.

I've also hand friends from Aus get harrassed nad exploted by service workers in the U.S in places like NYC where theya re targeted as tourists and 'chased out of bars' by angry staff for daring to tip ONLY 20%.