ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can I do push-ups like this???

I have recently started doing push-ups and I'm having trouble in it. So I want to ask is that can I place my legs on a high place and do push-ups like that? Will I be able to perform the normal push-ups if I gain momentum in it. My legs would me on a high place and chest would be kind of hanging but havin support of arms, I hope you get the pictur. So can I do it like this?

sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ahmadqayyum14 View Post
    I have recently started doing push-ups and I'm having trouble in it. So I want to ask is that can I place my legs on a high place and do push-ups like that? Will I be able to perform the normal push-ups if I gain momentum in it. My legs would me on a high place and chest would be kind of hanging but havin support of arms, I hope you get the pictur. So can I do it like this?
    Why did you post two separate threads asking the same question, 45 mins apart? Just ask once.

If you can't do regular pushups, you should do knee pushups first. Knee pushups will help you do regular pushups, and after you can do regular pushups, you can do feet-elevated pushups.
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▇

ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Why did you post two separate threads asking the same question, 45 mins apart? Just ask once.

If you can't do regular pushups, you should do knee pushups first. Knee pushups will help you do regular pushups, and after you can do regular pushups, you can do feet-elevated pushups.
    My knees hurt pretty bad if I do it that way.

Registered User michaelbrianinc's Avatar
    michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you can't do normal push-ups, than feet elevated would feel near impossible for you. You can't move to a harder progression if you can't hit the standard.

Knee push ups or hands elevated on a higher surface is your current level. Accept it.

Put a towel under your knees if they hurt..

The absolute beginner and lowest level is push ups against the wall... You have to start somewhere.

sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by michaelbrianinc View Post
    If you can't do normal push-ups, than feet elevated would feel near impossible for you. You can't move to a harder progression if you can't hit the standard.

Knee push ups or hands elevated on a higher surface is your current level. Accept it.

Put a towel under your knees if they hurt..

The absolute beginner and lowest level is push ups against the wall... You have to start somewhere.
    Another alternative is grabbing the edge of a sturdy kitchen counter or washroom sink and doing pushups that way.

OP, you couldn't figure out that putting a towel or pillow under your knees would be more comfortable??
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▇

BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can certainly do pushups that way if you are having trouble with regular pushups, you can also have your feet lower and your upper body up on something higher.
    But just be aware that this is quite a bit easier than a regular pushups, have your goals set on slowly transitioning to being able to do regular pushups.

michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BelieveBrah1 View Post
    You can certainly do pushups that way if you are having trouble with regular pushups, you can also have your feet lower and your upper body up on something higher.
    But just be aware that this is quite a bit easier than a regular pushups, have your goals set on slowly transitioning to being able to do regular pushups.
    Agreeing to feet elevated push ups to improve regular push ups is just incorrect.

When doing a regular pus-up, you're pressing nearly 60% of your BW. When your feet are elevated, you are balancing MORE weight which makes it harder or more advanced. If your core is weak, you will fail, if your arms are weak, you will fail, if your chest is weak, you will fail. That's like telling him to do weighted push ups.. Just like you can't expect someone to be able to do a hand stand push up against a wall if they can't do a simple pike push up.

When I was getting more reps in with standard push-ups and diamonds, I moved on to feet elevated and they were more challenging in the beginning.

OP needs to either decide on doing it from the knees or his hands elevated on a counter top or other object such as a bench. In fact, I utilize supersets of diamonds with my hands elevated on an object to hit my lower chest with another variation of push ups. I love it. Standard push ups are a bit boring after awhile unless I'm doing weighted or using them in a superset with pullups or something like that.

OP can also try to utilize push up bars to help strengthen his arms for the push up. It will be a challenge but worth a shot.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you can also try TRX push ups, it's fairly easy to adjust the rings to provide the resitance you're capable of.

BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BelieveBrah1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by michaelbrianinc View Post
    Agreeing to feet elevated push ups to improve regular push ups is just incorrect.

When doing a regular pus-up, you're pressing nearly 60% of your BW. When your feet are elevated, you are balancing MORE weight which makes it harder or more advanced. If your core is weak, you will fail, if your arms are weak, you will fail, if your chest is weak, you will fail. That's like telling him to do weighted push ups.. Just like you can't expect someone to be able to do a hand stand push up against a wall if they can't do a simple pike push up.

When I was getting more reps in with standard push-ups and diamonds, I moved on to feet elevated and they were more challenging in the beginning.

OP needs to either decide on doing it from the knees or his hands elevated on a counter top or other object such as a bench. In fact, I utilize supersets of diamonds with my hands elevated on an object to hit my lower chest with another variation of push ups. I love it. Standard push ups are a bit boring after awhile unless I'm doing weighted or using them in a superset with pullups or something like that.

OP can also try to utilize push up bars to help strengthen his arms for the push up. It will be a challenge but worth a shot.
    I understand what you're saying, by physics it would make sense that it would be harder, I guess I haven't done decline pushups in a long time but I thought they were a lot easier for me than regular pushups. Might have to do some now to see haha.

Originally Posted by BelieveBrah1 View Post
    I understand what you're saying, by physics it would make sense that it would be harder, I guess I haven't done decline pushups in a long time but I thought they were a lot easier for me than regular pushups. Might have to do some now to see haha.
    As my arms got stronger from dips and other variations of push ups, the feet elevated became much easier. I think it would also depend on your tempo as well, but strict form is something to consider with more focus imo. It's easy for your core and hips to drop down if you don't have proper hand placement or not contracting all muscle like you're a piece of wood lol.

I know for me they were challenging at first.

I feel what you're saying though. Diamonds were always easier in my mind when doing them versus even standard. Some people consider diamond push ups pretty tough.

If OP is srs and not trolling - I actually want to know how many reps he's able to do of regular push ups and what exactly he finds troublesome about it... Also - when mentioning momentum, I assume you are trying to push through the reps rather quickly, sort of bouncing your body up and down. If you slow it down, it'll be challenging, but you will build up more strength vs. doing them fast.