WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza

How to change from a negative thinker to a positive one?

Hows that done exactly?

NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NMS3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It’s a process in which you rewire your thought patterns and create new neuropathways, while simultaneously killing your current negative neuropathways. Worth it imo. Even though I struggle with depression, I’ve managed to go from an overall negative thinker to a positive thinker in the past year and a half and it’s certainly helped.

WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza WholemealPizza
    Originally Posted by NMS3 View Post
    It’s a process in which you rewire your thought patterns and create new neuropathways, while simultaneously killing your current negative neuropathways. Worth it imo. Even though I struggle with depression, I’ve managed to go from an overall negative thinker to a positive thinker in the past year and a half and it’s certainly helped.
    You are a legend, well done!!

Also thankyou sir!!

So I presume you do affirmations general positive thinking and cbt as much as possible every day for months while doing as little as possible negative thinking.

Registered User michaelbrianinc's Avatar
    michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's many ways, but here's some ideas on how to tap in to feeling good and thinking better.

Meditation - On so many levels this can help you as a whole.

Daily affirmations - Speak in terms as if YOU are already that person you desire to be. Such as: I AM successful, I Am happy, I make others feel good etc...

Something I took notice to recently... How you see yourself in the mirror is a BIG reflection of how you tend to feel and think. If you pick at things you don't like about yourself, than ultimately you don't see yourself in a very positive way and that can have an impact at how you look at other things in life.

Doing things of self love. Could be a hobby you enjoy, just being present with the enjoyment of you and your thoughts, your awareness.

Reading self improvement books or other philosophies that get the mind thinking and working. Learning something new.

There's many ways to correct these bad habits of negative thinking, but the ROOT of negative thinking has to do with your personal philosophy, values, and beliefs.

Remember, your thoughts dictate your actions and the type of future you will have. Carry that as a reminder each time you have a negative way of thinking about something. You don't want to be that person in the future, do you?

merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey man. I am going through the same thing now-I have my good days and bad days. I don't think it's an exact science. I think you need to start rewiring your mind. You need to train the mind. Hit the restart button and form new thought patterns. Start reading. Some books I'd suggest are: the power of now (I'm currently reading it myself), the art of happiness, no more mr. nice guy, and some others I can suggest as well. Let me know. Dude this thing called life is a journey. If you do drugs I suggest quitting. Best of luck. We gon' make it dude.

jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Think positively my son
    Age 18, Weight 180lbs, Been lifting almost two years
    Bench -> 300 / GOAL 315

Squat -> 375 / GOAL 405

Deadlift -> 455 / GOAL 495

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by michaelbrianinc View Post
    There's many ways, but here's some ideas on how to tap in to feeling good and thinking better.

Meditation - On so many levels this can help you as a whole.

Daily affirmations - Speak in terms as if YOU are already that person you desire to be. Such as: I AM successful, I Am happy, I make others feel good etc...

Something I took notice to recently... How you see yourself in the mirror is a BIG reflection of how you tend to feel and think. If you pick at things you don't like about yourself, than ultimately you don't see yourself in a very positive way and that can have an impact at how you look at other things in life.

Doing things of self love. Could be a hobby you enjoy, just being present with the enjoyment of you and your thoughts, your awareness.

Reading self improvement books or other philosophies that get the mind thinking and working. Learning something new.

There's many ways to correct these bad habits of negative thinking, but the ROOT of negative thinking has to do with your personal philosophy, values, and beliefs.

Remember, your thoughts dictate your actions and the type of future you will have. Carry that as a reminder each time you have a negative way of thinking about something. You don't want to be that person in the future, do you?
    This, times a thousand. The key to a better mood is not eliminating bad thoughts - it’s building happy ones.

You build muscle memory in the gym or on the track, right? You train your muscles to react in a certain way and it becomes easier, eventually even default. Your brain is the same way. When you catch yourself having a negative thought, stop and think something positive. Do it every time. It *will* work - it has for me (mostly - I’m far from perfect!).

arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WholemealPizza View Post
    Hows that done exactly?
    Simply embrace positive thoughts by engaging in positive activities.

rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Learn positive quotes

squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It starts with positive thinking. Then new daily habits should come out of that. Eventually you adjust and your whole lifestyle changes. Avoid reading things you know will make you feel negative.

Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500)
    It'll never work.

squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Silencespeaks View Post
    It'll never work.
    One of the main reasons for that is people just don’t want to make the changes they’re just pretending to themselves that they do. Some people are actually happier to be complaining all the time from what I’ve seen my dad was like this lol.

KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Basically what everyone else has said. But if you wanna put a rubber band on your wrist, and snap it anytime you have a crappy thought. May help you change your mindset towards being more focused on good thoughts
    *Stand by Your Own Trial & Not What Others Say* ~ Gudmundur Jonsson

KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KingCanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh and to everyone ITT, thanks y'all. This is the mindset a need. Stumbled upon some great advice I need to apply
    *Stand by Your Own Trial & Not What Others Say* ~ Gudmundur Jonsson

lovelife745 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelife745 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelife745 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelife745 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lovelife745 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can start by noticing the good things in your life, the positive things you may be overlooking every day. Like the fact that you’re in good health, you have amazing friends, you reached your goal at something (could be something you did even in high school), your loving relationship with your family, etc.
    Think about all these positive things you may be overlooking and start to acknowledge them, be proud of them. Now dwell on those thoughts every day.

mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Negative thoughts are usually obsessive thoughts, at the root of which is anxiety. So manage the anxiety and the negative thoughts tend to dissipate on their own.

Once you manage this, focus on having realistic thoughts rather than positive thoughts.

A positive thought would be: "Things work out for me."

A realistic thought would be: "things work out for me when I'm honest and I work hard."

It'll be easier to focus on and accept because, after all, it's true.

jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Epic!!
    Originally Posted by Silencespeaks View Post
    It'll never work.