Registered User CombinationDrew's Avatar
    CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinniest **** in the gym

Just getting back into pumping some iron. In the last year or two I've quit drinking, smoking, sugar, most carbs, and toughest of all - caffeine. Still withdrawing off that **** a month later. Brain fog, lack of focus.

Anyways pretty sure I have the lowest T ever and pretty sure I have pyroluria so I'm not too concerned with getting really jacked up quick. More concerned with fixing my posture, detoxing the crap out of my body, getting my **** back together.

Any advice appreciated. Here's what I did 03/11 - chest and triceps - 4x10 of everything

I need me a sugar mama.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well for one, I’d actually lift weights that are heavy . Two, I’d slow the fark down while pushing, instead of this explosive thing you got going on .
    Make Misc great again

WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz WillNotBreak has the mod powerz
    And learn form... i don't know what the hell you were doing for most of that.

* The opinions of this salty dog are out of bitterness and spite, no matter the advice given the bottom line is that you should turn the other direction and walk away from law enforcement. Also change your criminal justice major or I will punch your face.

CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CombinationDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    03/13 back and biceps

Tried to really focus on form, watched a quick youtube vid of each workout before doing it. Pretty sure I butchered the first bicep workout but feel like form was good on all others? Also lifted a bit heavier. Did 3 back and 3 bicep workouts and was too exhausted to do a 4th workout on either. Mostly 4x8. I had to reduce weight for 3rd and 4th set on a few.
    Wide grip curls are ****ing insane. 5 pounders + the bar felt like lifting a bus. The guy I watched do them from this site looks exactly like JJ Redick.

I need me a sugar mama.

03/15 shoulders and some nice core workouts.

4 sets of everything, mostly reps of 10, a few 8. That 8 pound ball made me it's bitch.

I need me a sugar mama.

03/17 Chest and triceps. Felt stronger the second time around. Form seems to be getting easier to master, although still a long way to go. I've also gained like 5 pounds already which is cool. But I ate an entire pecan pie in there somewhere so it's kind of fools gold. I dare any of you jacked dudes to try that Mikan drill for a little cardio.

5 minute vid - one full set of each

short version

I need me a sugar mama.

TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheRevilo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CombinationDrew View Post
    Just getting back into pumping some iron. In the last year or two I've quit drinking, smoking, sugar, most carbs, and toughest of all - caffeine. Still withdrawing off that **** a month later. Brain fog, lack of focus.

Anyways pretty sure I have the lowest T ever and pretty sure I have pyroluria so I'm not too concerned with getting really jacked up quick. More concerned with fixing my posture, detoxing the crap out of my body, getting my **** back together.

Any advice appreciated. Here's what I did 03/11 - chest and triceps - 4x10 of everything

What makes you think you have low T?

@TheRevilo lack of facial hair, never had much acne, lethargy. I've been with women who had hairier arms than me many times.

05/20 Back and Biceps. Would have started up some deadlifts today but I woke up and had an epic leg spasm in bed and had that kind of weird feeling in my left leg for a while. One of the downfall of having half your body weight in the freaking calves.

short version

full set of each
    I need me a sugar mama.

05/22 Shoulders and Core.
    Starting to lift heavier and do some better workouts. Getting rid of the granny workouts one at a time. Also invented a workout called The Star of Drew tonight. Will be inventing more workouts as I start to transform into Zeus.

short

full set of each
    I need me a sugar mama.

armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500)
    I think I’m in a poor position to dispense any advice because while I know what works, I only know what works for me. I have zero experience with what works for other people. That said, I do have a few general thoughts.

Consistency beats everything; it beats training hard, it beats training smart, it beats genetics. You need ask yourself what your reason is for wanting to be fit and ask yourself if that reason will keep you motivated day in day out year after year. Otherwise, life will eventually happen and throw you off track and you’re back to square one. I’ve had to fall back to square one many times to learn this lesson which amounts to years of wasted effort. You’ll be at an advantage if you’re mentally prepared to be consistent at the outset. Then again, this could be one of those lessons that you only learn the hard way.

Fierce 5 is currently in vogue. My outdated recommendation is to instead do strict 5x5 and GOMAD until you’ve built a solid base of strength and muscle. Only then do you worry about anything else.

The bodybuilding and powerlifting community is generally very positive. Never hesitate to ask for help. People will generally go out of their way to help you. Avoid the nutrition forum though. People there are both stupid and smug; possibly the most toxic combination. Nutrition threads go as follow: ignore the actual question, answer IIFYM for literally everything, insult you. I suspect if someone had cancer and needed to avoid certain foods. The nutrition forum would still tell them to eat those foods because a calorie is a calorie. Then insult them for good measure.

Registered User michaelbrianinc's Avatar
    michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As the poster above, I am not one to give much advice on gym workouts, but I have been in the gym and I do know what ingredients are needed.

For one, this program looks all over the place and watching these videos I have a hard time understanding what you're looking to gain out of it.

Your form needs improvement and I have to ask - Why do you have such a wide stance when doing bicep curls and why are you curling from your center as opposed to at your sides?

Every video I've taken a glance at, you're just literally going through the motion of the movement. I don't see you really focusing on the muscle contractions, controlling the weight, or focusing on any mind to muscle connection..

To me, this looks like a lot of wasted energy and time.

I also don't know why you're doing any type of split routine. You should (in my opinion) be doing full body with more compound movements as your staple, your backbone to the program.

Some of the weight you're using seems a bit too light, BUT and this is in my opinion - I think until you really get your form down, lighter weight should be utilized.

Once your form is down, start adding some weight to test your body. Although you are skinny, you're probably stronger than you think so don't be afraid to progress. You don't want to do the same thing for weeks at a time.

Just my opinions and advice.

Recap -

Get on a solid full body program that will work you head to toe with main lifts (compound) included.

Work on that form; slow it down, really feel and squeeze the contractions, and work on the mind to muscle connection.

Once your form is fixed, progress the weight as you feel necessary and don't be afraid to challenge yourself.

Awesome advice, thanks fellas. Will keep working on it. I watch a youtube clip of a pro doing the workouts - like Scott Herman, etc - before every workout and try to mimic what they're doing, but it always feels like I'm doing it wrong. I'm not that good at mimicking a workout. Bad posture doesn't help.

Got in early for some leg day today. Shot hoops for an hour before working out and was super motivated by this 65ish year old dude that was in there going hard for an hour+, splashing jumpers from everywhere, doing insane stretches on this mat with a weight. Dude was a BEAST. Love seeing older people that are beasts.

short

full set of each
    I need me a sugar mama.

armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500) armfix is not very helpful. (-500)
    Giving you a consistency bump. Keep it up man.

One last bump for you.

Originally Posted by armfix View Post
    One last bump for you.
    I'm still at it. I took a little break from the weight lifting because I realized I was kind of just winging it. I still hit up the gym and did some cardio and core workouts while deciding what my next step is. I've also been eating really well and am almost at 170. Gained 10 pounds in a month. I'm finding it super easy to get alot of calories by putting both MCT oil and heavy whipping cream in my coffee. Hundreds of calories right there. I decided to give the 1+1 Skinny Guy Program a shot which I found on this site.

Today was day 1.

Barbell squat - 4x4 reps of 95
    Barbell bench - 4x4 115
    Bent over barbell row - 4x4 115
    Upright barbell row 2x20 65
    Standing calf raises 20 @ 130, 20 @ 110 - I almost fell over trying to walk forward after these. My calves are still massive but the strength has diminished like crazy over the years. Back in high school pretty sure I could have done the entire 300 lbs or whatever it is on the calf machine. Now 150 is hard as ****.

Here's a set of each.

I need me a sugar mama.

week 1 day 2 of this program made me its absolute bitch

this was the goal
    barbell lunge 4 set of 12
    stiff legged barbell deadlift 4 sets of 12
    chin up 4 sets to failure
    chest dips 4 set to failure
    weighted crunches 3 sets of 30

this is what I managed to pull off

barbell lunge - 65 lb failed at 8, then 45 lb 12, 10, 6. couldn't even do the ****ing bar 12 times the final 2 sets lol
    stiff deadlift 4x12 65 lbs
    chinup failed at 2 every time
    chest dips 4x5 of the worst reps you've ever seen
    weighted crunches 3x30 10lbs

can't wait to get redemption next Wed. bull****.

I need me a sugar mama.

Friday was the 3rd and final workout of week 1
    now I do the same workouts Mon Wed Fri 2 more weeks in a row then it changes week 4. I like this program so far. Alot of the workouts really expose my bad posture which I think is good, hopefully I'll find it easier to keep my back straight as I grain strength.

goal was barbell deadlift 4x4
    standing military press 4x4
    pullups 4x4
    barbell shrug 2x20
    standing calf raise 2x20

pulled off
    deadlift 4x4 95 lbs terrible form I think
    military press 4x4 75 lbs
    pullups 3,2,2,2 I think. hoping to pull off 4,4,3,3 next week
    barbell shrug 2x20 65
    calf raise 2x20 150,130 which is an improvement on Monday

I need me a sugar mama.

Monday was pretty good. Increased the weight on the first 3 exercises by 10 lbs compared to last Monday. Kind of fell off a cliff on final 2 but w/e.

Squats 4x4 105 (+10)
    Bench 4x4 125 (+10)
    Bent over row 4x4 125 (+10)
    Upright barbell row 65 lbs. 20 then fail at 15
    Calf raises 150lb 20 then fail at 15

I need me a sugar mama.

Wednesday was pretty good. Improved on everything from week 1 except for the first exercise which was the lunges. The bottom of my feet started hurting really bad after the first set. I think the calf raises to failure on Monday played a part, definitely skipping calf raises on Friday. **** 'em.

Lunges 55 lbs 12, 12, 6, 6 or something
    Stiff deadlift 4x4 95
    Dips something like 5,4,4,3 but with better form, got deeper into 'em
    Chin ups 5,4,3,3! Lets ****ing go. Only did 2,2,2,2 week 1
    Weighted crunches 3x30 25lbs, moved from 10 plate to 25 like a savage

I need me a sugar mama.