Thread: Need advice!!

AYellowOrange is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need advice!!

Hey I just got an account after prowling around bodybuilding forums for over a year. I started working out seriously ( meaning just lifting and cardio, not really watching diet, just eating as much as I can) in the 9th grade. I am now a junior in highschool and I have a considerable amount of muscle. More than I ever imagined. I started seriously packing in a lot more muscle after my season in football after my sophomore year. I went from 120 pounds to about 155 lbs in the span of a couple months. I put on a lot of muscle and fat. I burned a good amount of it off and now i'm standing about around 149 lbs. In April 10, 2017 i got measured and was 5 3.5 feet. I was actually kind of happy because I thought i was growing again. Apparently i grew half an inch in the last two months before April 10, 2017. It is now March 11, 2018 and I haven't seen any growth in my height. Even if there was it's very minimal. I shave once a 1-2 weeks. And I just started seeing hairs growing on my chest. I know weight lifting doesn't stunt my growth as long as I am lifting right. What worries me is that I lift heavy and might have influenced my growth. I stopped doing squats a long time ago and did deadlifts very rarely in fear I might do something wrong and completely blow my chances from growing even a little bit. That left me with doing mostly upper body which is why I look like a pittbull . My bench is 215 and that's really the only major heavy lifting I do besides power cleans(135 lbs). Life is alright for me, but it depresses me that for sports, I'm genetically screwed and with girls I'm fine but I would like to taller for my own self confidence . This is not the first time I have not seen a lot of growth in a long time. I went one year without growing a long time ago from July 2015 to March 2016. From March 2016 to April 10, 2017 I grew to somewhere a little over 1.5 inches.

I am also Indian.

Dad's height: 5'3 (I feel like he is shorter but that's might be because he is getting old)

Mom's height: 4'11.75

My height: 5'3.5

My age: 16 and I'm going to turn 17 on April 29th. Technically, I haven't grown in about 11 months.

Both of my grandfathers are 5'6. They are the tallest at least in my immediate family. I have cousins that are pretty tall but all in all I have a short family ;p

One of my grand fathers (Hes a doctor) predicts I'm going to be 5'6 and my regular doctor also predicts I will be 5'6.

I know none of y'all are doctors. I understand that, but I just want to see what your experiences were like and if u had a similar case to mine. I want to know if I have any hope at all and if I'm able to still grow taller. 17 is still pretty young and I probably still have a few years, but I feel like most people stop growing at like 16. Hopefully this isn't the case.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bro no one wants to read that novel.

You will grow as your genetics dictate. Outside of malnutrition there's nothing you can do to alter your growth. Be happy with who you are.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Bro no one wants to read that novel.

You will grow as your genetics dictate. Outside of malnutrition there's nothing you can do to alter your growth. Be happy with who you are.
    Your right and I know it lmao. I'll try not to **** myself over just because I don't have a couple inches on me
    Thank you

SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SyedZeeshan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey buddy,

Indian here. I dont want to tell you this but neither do I want to put you in the dark. If you dont have the genetics to grow you height I dont think it is possible to grow taller naturally. Considering your father's height being 5'3 you might grow a few more inches in couple of years. Try skipping and swimming these are the best exercises for height (as per people's claims, but i felt my height increased by a few inches by swimming and chin ups).

So don't expect that you will be 6 feet tall. You can expect 3 more inches considering your family's genetics.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175488761&p=1545838421#post1545838421
    Follow My Fat Loss Journey - Ctrl Alt Diet

AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AppropriateGuy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AYellowOrange View Post
    Hey I just got an account after prowling around bodybuilding forums for over a year. I started working out seriously ( meaning just lifting and cardio, not really watching diet, just eating as much as I can) in the 9th grade. I am now a junior in highschool and I have a considerable amount of muscle. More than I ever imagined. I started seriously packing in a lot more muscle after my season in football after my sophomore year. I went from 120 pounds to about 155 lbs in the span of a couple months. I put on a lot of muscle and fat. I burned a good amount of it off and now i'm standing about around 149 lbs. In April 10, 2017 i got measured and was 5 3.5 feet. I was actually kind of happy because I thought i was growing again. Apparently i grew half an inch in the last two months before April 10, 2017. It is now March 11, 2018 and I haven't seen any growth in my height. Even if there was it's very minimal. I shave once a 1-2 weeks. And I just started seeing hairs growing on my chest. I know weight lifting doesn't stunt my growth as long as I am lifting right. What worries me is that I lift heavy and might have influenced my growth. I stopped doing squats a long time ago and did deadlifts very rarely in fear I might do something wrong and completely blow my chances from growing even a little bit. That left me with doing mostly upper body which is why I look like a pittbull . My bench is 215 and that's really the only major heavy lifting I do besides power cleans(135 lbs). Life is alright for me, but it depresses me that for sports, I'm genetically screwed and with girls I'm fine but I would like to taller for my own self confidence . This is not the first time I have not seen a lot of growth in a long time. I went one year without growing a long time ago from July 2015 to March 2016. From March 2016 to April 10, 2017 I grew to somewhere a little over 1.5 inches.

I am also Indian.

Dad's height: 5'3 (I feel like he is shorter but that's might be because he is getting old)

Mom's height: 4'11.75

My height: 5'3.5

My age: 16 and I'm going to turn 17 on April 29th. Technically, I haven't grown in about 11 months.

Both of my grandfathers are 5'6. They are the tallest at least in my immediate family. I have cousins that are pretty tall but all in all I have a short family ;p

One of my grand fathers (Hes a doctor) predicts I'm going to be 5'6 and my regular doctor also predicts I will be 5'6.

I know none of y'all are doctors. I understand that, but I just want to see what your experiences were like and if u had a similar case to mine. I want to know if I have any hope at all and if I'm able to still grow taller. 17 is still pretty young and I probably still have a few years, but I feel like most people stop growing at like 16. Hopefully this isn't the case.
    Same boat as you OP, short-ass family. I'm a bit younger but I've barely grown the past year lol and I'm the same height as you. Be the best manlet you can be, you'll probably be screwed over quite a bit for your height but life's not fair so keep your head up.

Originally Posted by AppropriateGuy View Post
    Same boat as you OP, short-ass family. I'm a bit younger but I've barely grown the past year lol and I'm the same height as you. Be the best manlet you can be, you'll probably be screwed over quite a bit for your height but life's not fair so keep your head up.
    Lol thanks man. Hope you get where you wanna be

Originally Posted by SyedZeeshan View Post
    Hey buddy,

Indian here. I dont want to tell you this but neither do I want to put you in the dark. If you dont have the genetics to grow you height I dont think it is possible to grow taller naturally. Considering your father's height being 5'3 you might grow a few more inches in couple of years. Try skipping and swimming these are the best exercises for height (as per people's claims, but i felt my height increased by a few inches by swimming and chin ups).

So don't expect that you will be 6 feet tall. You can expect 3 more inches considering your family's genetics.
    Yea i don't mind if i'm really tall just the fact i can grow a little more is all that matters

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whatever you do OP, don’t do squats or deadlifts ,as you’ll stunt your growth and never make 5’4” . May even stunt your growth further and reduce your height to under 5’ ,making you dwarf status.
    Stick with chest and back till your mid 20’s,as that’s typically when humans stop growing

Jk
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 03-13-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    Make Misc great again